About This File
FluxCRT is a relatively simple text view-based retro theme. It's designed for 16:9 monitors and displays filter and game videos (or screenshots) in a 4:3 format, using the Ao.Bigbox.Themer video engine. FluxCRT applies a CRT barrel distortion effect when using Windows Media Player. It's bundled with a collection of category, playlist, and platform banners; to which one can easily add their own banners. Due to its reliance on certain plugin features, the current version of this theme requires LB version 9.4+.
CUSTOMIZATION: See bundled PDF documents. FluxCRT was designed and tested on a 1920x1080 display with 100% (default) text scaling, so you might need to adjust the font sizes (should pertain to options page only) if your display is otherwise; edit the font sizes at the top part of FluxCRT.xaml in the Styles directory as needed.
EMULATOR OVERLAYS: These overlays for retroarch (or mame) should pair nicely with this theme:
NOTE: Unblocking the ZIP file will also unblock the DLLs (e.g., Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll and others) contained therein, giving your computer permission to run these DLLs. This is an issue with all plugins you might download from this forum. It's a Windows security feature. You basically have to vouch for a file before Windows will use it. I liken it to how a MS office document you download from an email runs in Protected Mode until you unblock it for printing, editing, etc. Below is the error you'll see if you don't unblock the file, as well as a screenshot of the solution.
What's New in Version 1.2 See changelog
* FIXED: updated to Ao.Bigbox.Themer v3.7; see plugin download page for information
* FIXED: games list was not fading out because relied on view being TextGamesWithDetails
* FIXED: shortened transition method (zero secs for filters and two seconds for games)
* ADDED: allow forced PlayerImpl (WMP/VLC) for theme; defaults to WMP b/c works better
* ADDED: implemented AutoscaleTextBlock as in Refaktor to support various resolutions
* ADDED: PDF bundled with download to facilitate customization