About This File
FluxCRT is a relatively simple text view-based retro theme. It's designed for 16:9 monitors and displays filter and game videos (or screenshots) in a 4:3 format, using the Ao.Bigbox.Themer video engine. FluxCRT applies a CRT barrel distortion effect when using Windows Media Player. It's bundled with a collection of category, playlist, and platform banners; to which one can easily add their own banners. Due to its reliance on certain plugin features, the current version of this theme requires LB version 10+.
CUSTOMIZATION: See bundled PDF documents. FluxCRT was designed and tested on a 1920x1080 display with 100% (default) text scaling, so you might need to adjust the font sizes (should pertain to options page only) if your display is otherwise; edit the font sizes at the top part of FluxCRT.xaml in the Styles directory as needed.
WOOTLAUNCHER INTEGRATION: FluxCRT integrates with WootLauncher...
EMULATOR OVERLAYS: These overlays should pair nicely with this theme:
NOTE: Unblocking the ZIP file will also unblock the DLLs (e.g., Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll and others) contained therein, giving your computer permission to run these DLLs. This is an issue with all plugins you might download from this forum. It's a Windows security feature. You basically have to vouch for a file before Windows will use it. I liken it to how a MS office document you download from an email runs in Protected Mode until you unblock it for printing, editing, etc. Below is the error you'll see if you don't unblock the file, as well as a screenshot of the solution.
What's New in Version 1.5 See changelog
* FIXED: updgraded Ao.Bigbox.Themer to version 3.9.2
* FIXED: above themer engine upgrade supports LB 9.4+
* FIXED: defaulting media player to that set in BigBox
* FIXED: should no longer freeze up after 30min in attract mode; @daphnefan
* FIXED: improved support for verbiage translations; @Kikitomancer
* ADDED: speed tweak for scrolling notes, range 0.2-5x; @Kikitomancer
* ADDED: bezel banners for additional platforms, w/TurboGrafx fixes
* FIXED: multiple issues resolved to jive with updated LB/BB 9.4+
* FIXED: EmbeddedAssembler was not being thumped to handle updated BigBox refs
* FIXED: properly setting PlayerImpl for all components of VideoLooperFramed
* FIXED: support for VLC 3.x, leveraging Meta.Vlc within Unbroken assemblies
* FIXED: marquee scrolling speed for short strings was too slow
* FIXED: changed EmbeddedAssembler to log instead of throw errors
* FIXED: memory leak in AVLF related to timers for datetime update
* ADDED: marquee scrolling stop-point alignment left/right/center
* ADDED: banner/button items to support additional game play modes
* ADDED: speed tweak for notes in AVLF, range 0.2-5x
* ADDED: Portuguese translation for theme elements