LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's Arcade Marquees (Missing, Rare, Custom etc.) 1.1.0

(0 reviews)

19 Screenshots

About This File

Missing, rare, previously unavailable & custom Marquees. Be sure to follow (button above) this thread as I upload it regularly with new Marquees. I try to find, restore, clean up, vectorize & color correct the marquees as best as I can and in max 3840 pixels wide (ultra HD) pixel dimensions. Some times I'll add custom made marquees when there isn't any marquee available made from official artwork and flyer sources, I'll mention it when they are custom made.

What's New in Version 1.1.0   See changelog

Released

• Added updated Muscle Bomber Duo marquee, the old version had warped corners, they're straight now
  • mbombrd.thumb.jpg.859464e24fe46f8d7b02a7e4e5430b40.jpg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Added Cal.50 Caliber - Fifty Marquee, previously unavailable in high quality, sadly it misses the lower part. Vectorized and cleaned up. 

Share this comment

• Added Dirt Dash Marquee, Restoration from photograph. Credits: thanks to director Hasan Tasdemir from the dutch Nationaal Videogame Museum for the opportunity to photograph cabinets and artwork.
  • 1026278428_dirtdash(4).thumb.JPG.8b0ffffb59b9b1010183665ec1c11c6c.JPGdirtdash.thumb.jpg.1435a31c9d101de16ef9b0752dd3f95b.jpg
  • Like 1

Share this comment

• Added Decathlete, from photo at https://www.nationaalvideogamemuseum.nl/ - not perfect but better quality then currently available
  • Added Donkey Kong, marquee from https://www.arcadeartwork.org/ - Color correction, less red more yellow/orange
  • Added Donkey Kong Jr., marquee from https://www.arcadeartwork.org/ - Color correction, the reds/browns are sun faded, not sure if official art has this intentionally, color correction from memory and what feels more right to me
  • Added Donkey Kong: Pauline Edition - Vectorized from photo, previously unavailable
  • Added Down Town aka Downtown - Reconstruction and vectorization from two different marquee sources, better quality then currently available
  • Added Enduro Racer - Reconstruction and partly vectorized from two different marquee sources, one is from photo at https://www.nationaalvideogamemuseum.nl/ - not perfect but better quality then currently available
  • Added Gauntlet and Gauntlet II, marquees from https://www.arcadeartwork.org/, I always wondered why the field below was empty on the marquees, added speakers, bass reflex hole and speaker grill as originals :)
  • Added Rampage, marquee from https://www.arcadeartwork.org/ - The colors never felt right on previous marquees, these colors feel right to me, might be personal preference (or personal memory lol)
  • Added Rolling Thunder, marquee from https://www.arcadeartwork.org/ - Slight color correction after seeing original in RL at museum.
  • All marquees in 3840 pixels
  • Like 1

Share this comment

This  also looks amazing, thanks! :D 

Are they in the LB or emumovies DB - do they get scraped in Launchbox?

Edited by Retrofrogg
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

43 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

This  also looks amazing, thanks! :D 

Are they in the LB or emumovies DB - do they get scraped in Launchbox?

Thanks man :) To be honest I'm not sure if I uploaded every marquee of these. I've been working on too many projects at the same time losing focus lol

Share this comment

These are the images that needs to be restored, cleaned up, vectorized and color correct and in high resolution of the marquees of Golden Axe, Poseidon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.

sfposeid.jpg

goldnaxe.jpg

tmnt.png

tmnt2.png

Edited by JonnyModlin

Share this comment

56 minutes ago, JonnyModlin said:

These are the images that needs to be restored, cleaned up, vectorized and color correct and in high resolution of the marquees of Golden Axe, Poseidon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.

It would probably go over a little nicer to ask if Mr Retro Lust would mind restoring these instead of just flat out saying these need to be done. 

• Haha 1

Share this comment

can you please restore the marquees of golden axe, teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles: turtles in time, street fighter alpha 3, king of fighters 2003, poseidon? would you mind restoring the marquees of golden axe, teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles: turtles in time, street fighter alpha 3, king of fighters 2003, poseidon? thank you.

goldnaxe.thumb.jpg.9a7c4d6d865d9cb46a03fd7ebf2b69de.jpg

kof2003.jpg.eee784af4a54161407c1c07fff597dcb.jpg

sfa3.thumb.jpg.b582ba90dc879c6fb9d52853701975c7.jpg

sfposeid.jpg.12285b95e13b9159c2cb2bda8da28037.jpg

tmnt.thumb.png.2f507fc1632e747f116b7cb95e7c050f.png

tmnt2.thumb.png.2335715a08b2edc1c8c023c40bd9c97b.png

Edited by JonnyModlin

Share this comment

can you please restore the marquees of marvel super heroes vs. street fighter, street fighter alpha 3, poseidon sea fighter, teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles: turtles in time, golden axe, the king of fighters 99, the king of fighters 2003, the king of fighters 98, the last blade, magical drop 2, magical drop 3, metal slug 3, metal slug 5, metal slug x, neo geo cup 98 the road to victory, nightmare in the dark, prehistoric isle 2, real bout fatal fury 2: the newcomers, samurai shodown 5, sengoku 3, shock troopers, zupapa, neo turf masters, night warriors: darkstalkers' revenge? thank you.

mshvsf.jpg

sfa3.jpg

sfposeid.jpg

tmnt.png

tmnt2.png

goldnaxe.jpg

kof99.png

kof2003.png

kof98.jpg

lastblad (4).png

magdrop2 (1).jpg

magdrop2 (2).jpg