LaunchBox Community Forums

21 Screenshots

About This File

MinimalX started as a variant of Grila's MinimalHD. It was first released in 2016 as Minimal-AO, and after incorporating a slew of plugins I rebranded it as of version 5.0 MinimalX. Due to its reliance on certain plugin features, MinimalX requires LB version 9.10+. I wanted to emphasize a simple setup and design elements that gracefully degrade if you are missing metadata for some games, etc. Its views have a consistent layout which I think makes navigation very easy. I settled on displaying all videos at 4:3 because I think that's better than displaying all at 16:9, and I think they look nice that way. MinimalX is skinnable; for instructions how to customize MinimalX and turn some features off/on (for example if you want to see metadata in the sidebar as in the final two screenshots), read the PDF document bundled with the download. Some of the features:

• System Info: Just because I wanted to figure out how to display that stuff.
  • Metadata Banners: Such as category, platform, genre, play mode, star rating etc.
  • Icon-augmented Text List: For quickly navigating based on a platform or game metadata.
  • Dynamic List Header: Helps you keep track of where you are when navigating through BigBox.
  • AO Video Engine: It will by default play the current category, platform, or game video. If a platform (or playlist or filter) video is not found, it will loop through a random selection of that platform's games with crossfading action. If no platform or game videos are found, it will fall back to looping through a set of pertinent images. For game views, if a game video is not found, it will play a slideshow of the game's title screen, options, gameplay, etc, while the game music (if available) plays. The video engine supports VLC and WMP as configured in BigBox, though it works better with WMP in my opinion, and for this reason it forces WMP by default; this is configurable -- see the PDF manual bundled with this download.

NOTE: Unblocking the ZIP file will also unblock the DLL (e.g., Ao.Bigbox.Themer.dll) contained therein, giving your computer permission to run this DLL. This is an issue with all plugins you might download from this forum. It's a Windows security feature. You basically have to vouch for a file before Windows will use it. I liken it to how a MS office document you download from an email runs in Protected Mode until you unblock it for printing, editing, etc. Below is the error you'll see if you don't unblock the file, as well as a screenshot of the solution.

5934737766ef0_PluginSecurityError.jpg.a7a39192a7887d8c342ac8a0a08a239d.jpg

5934737219c73_ErrorFix.thumb.jpg.980d4fb15c165b106399b7899b39a6d5.jpg

And here is a shameless plug for my other themes:

• Refaktor - clean text-based view to suit 16:9 or 4:3 displays
  • Nostalgia - displays videos within viking's clean platform images
  • FluxCRT - displays videos within a mock CRT including curvature effect
  • Epoch09 - post-apocalyptic flavored theme (still a work in progress)

What's New in Version 5.9   See changelog

Released

* FIXED: upgraded to Ao.Bigbox.Themer v3.9.4 (requires LB-9.10+)
* FIXED: BitmapCache for grid compositions revised for snappier performance
* FIXED: Visibility="{Binding IndexVisibility}" in text views fixes memory leak

Ao.Bigbox.Themer Changelog...
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/1747-aobigbox-customs/

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Nyny77

5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Awesome ! very great work !

• Like 1

Share this review

Link to review
keltoigael

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Improved on the original MinimalHD and grew into its own thing. @eatkinola doesnt get enough credit in his themes. Great work.

• Like 1

Share this review

Link to review
donatello

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I cannot believe how much customization is on this theme, simply amazing! Thanks for this theme guys!

• Like 1

Share this review

Link to review
shannondeaton

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

With the added 'skinning' features, this is easily the best theme available on the platform.  Great work.

• Like 1

Share this review

Link to review
sukhish

Instant favorite... Best theme for me. Thank you so much... Cheers! 

• Like 1

Share this review

Link to review
Thanos Reigns

My new daily driver

• Like 1

Share this review

Link to review
imdavid555

Love this theme. Its awesome :) 

• Like 1

Share this review

Link to review
germangaraubuau

bueno a ver si lo puedo bajar 

Share this review

Link to review
BLUE

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Such a cool theme, love all the custom backgrounds to choose from...great work on this one, keep it up ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this review

Link to review
Elmazz

veri gud

• Like 1

Share this review

Link to review