Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME No Nag 2.1.5

   (3 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

MAME 0.215 NO NAG

A wild MAME 0.215 appears! Yes, another month has gone by, and it’s time to check out what’s new. On the arcade side, Taito’s incredibly rare 4-screen top-down racer Super Dead Heat is now playable! Joining its ranks are other rarities, such as the European release of Capcom‘s 19XX: The War Against Destiny, and a bootleg of Jaleco’s P-47 – The Freedom Fighter using a different sound system. We’ve got three newly supported Game & Watch titles: Lion, Manhole, and Spitball Sparky, as well as the crystal screen version of Super Mario Bros. Two new JAKKS Pacific TV games, Capcom 3-in-1 and Disney Princesses, have also been added.

Other improvements include several more protection microcontrollers dumped and emulated, the NCR Decision Mate V working (now including hard disk controllers), graphics fixes for the 68k-based SNK and Alpha Denshi games, and some graphical updates to the Super A'Can driver.

We’ve updated bgfx, adding preliminary Vulkan support. There are some issues we’re aware of, so if you run into issues, check our GitHub issues page to see if it’s already known, and report it if it isn’t. We’ve also improved support for building and running on Linux systems without X11.


What's New in Version 2.1.5   See changelog

Released

MAME 0.215 No Nag
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1



User Feedback

Recommended Comments



Is there a reason why the exe is twice the size of the original and twice the size of the no-nag one on hyperspin?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 3:30 PM, Clivey said:

Is there a reason why the exe is twice the size of the original and twice the size of the no-nag one on hyperspin?

The File has been re-uploaded and now MAME64.exe is half the size.  

  • Like 3

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
tpub

Posted (edited)

New to using NoNag Versions.

being that there is a "Skip system info" in mames properties, is this to remove the warnings?

If so, It did not work for me.

Please let me know

Thanks

Edited by tpub

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I already have MAME 64bit 0.210 set up but want to switch to your "no nag" version. I want to keep all my settings, etc. Can I just replace my mame64.exe with the one I downloaded from here? Is that the only file that is different from the official MAME download? Thanks! - Cory

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes

3 hours ago, cor094 said:

I already have MAME 64bit 0.210 set up but want to switch to your "no nag" version. I want to keep all my settings, etc. Can I just replace my mame64.exe with the one I downloaded from here? Is that the only file that is different from the official MAME download? Thanks! - Cory

Yes, if you use the .210 Version it will be a true No Nag version

  

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tpub said:

New to using NoNag Versions.

being that there is a "Skip system info" in mames properties, is this to remove the warnings?

If so, It did not work for me.

Please let me know

Thanks

I will look further into this thanks

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDave71 said:

Yes

Yes, if you use the .210 Version it will be a true No Nag version

  

Awesome, thanks for the response and thank you for all your work!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been using the skip game info for some time in MAME I was always under the impression that what that command did and what No Nag does is different. The command skips the info about the board. I thought no nag skipped the warnings about if the games didn't work or if they were imperfect.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The No Nag turns off all warnings and all messages that appear prior to the launching of the game.   I am on my 2nd recompile attempt on version .0211.   It seems everyone wants it so I am going to see i can do.

  • Like 2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, i didnt take the time to write a comment to say thank you for your release of the nonag version of mame :)

thanks a lot :)

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for this it works great!  In case anyone else is concerned (because I'm paranoid and work in IT), for 0210 I ran a full scan on all the files and uploaded to virustotal for verification.  No issues found.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey thanks for this!

I used your 0.211 no nag and it works great. As I'm using this on a cab though, any chance of compiling one that also has the Loading messages removed?

Appreciate your efforts either way.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AmperSandman said:

Hey thanks for this!

I used your 0.211 no nag and it works great. As I'm using this on a cab though, any chance of compiling one that also has the Loading messages removed?

Appreciate your efforts either way.

Those are a part of BigBox, turn off Loading Screens in the options.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Those are a part of BigBox, turn off Loading Screens in the options.

Thanks, but I’m talking specifically about the loading screens in MAME itself - the boxes with white borders saying “loading” and/or “initialising”. 

I’ve used no nag Mame exes in the past that had these removed as well. Makes for a nice clean cab experience. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...