About This File
Explanations in English: https://github.com/daerlnaxe/Pack-My-Game/blob/master/README.md
Explications en Français: https://github.com/daerlnaxe/Pack-My-Game/blob/master/README-FR.md
Beta version: don't change anything in LaunchBox. Use it only with roms !
What it do:
- It copies then compress everything about a game contained in the db of LaunchBox app.
- It generates a short xml file with the main information about the game
- It takes images, pdf manual, video, music, rom file.
- It takes also the cheatcode files if you fill the path ('GameName-.')
- It generates a tree view file.
- 7z and zip compression
- Backup datas about a game from LaunchBox xml
- When PackMe run, creates an enhanced xml file, adding missing paths, additionally to the original backup
- Permits to choose manually video, music, manual if db don't mention paths.
- Contextual menu permits now to make some operations to construct the workfolder, to compress it later.
- Because as a french gamer i wanted to save everything i fill about my games and keep it for later, just in case there was a problem, reinstall or whatever.
- Use it only with roms.
- Don't move or delete files from the source (never)
- It asks before to overwrite roms, manuals, music, video that are in the working directory meanwhile the copy (the target directory)
- Currently it asks a global permission to overwrite for the image/pictures files, even if there is no image file in the the destination folder.
- The clones are added only if they are grouped with a main in LaunchBox
- Compression 7z and zip
- It logs everything during the game treatment in a window, and a file.
- Work in progress: Eliminate duplicates images files function in contextual menu (md5 calcul)
- Filter platforms
- Double Security on work folder
- Find a better way to handle images files
- Correct the english version
- Carroussel to see image files to overwrite etc... (if necessary)
- Mode silent without box prompt ? (All overwrite)
- Mode silent without log window
- Edit info in short list ? => it means to load total information of the game.
- Splashscreen on loading
- Ameliorate config with own browser system and box path editable
- md5 Compareason ?
- Move VFolder, HFolder, copyfile, reconstruct path (set a security basic path option)
About EBGame.xml and OBGame.xml.
This xml files are a first step to reinject games in LaunchBox xml files, but keep in mind, it's a beta. This is why i didn't make a function to do it, to test,before, the reliability, so wait before to do it manually, please, or do it at your own risks.