Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Refried Theme Platform Video Set 1.3.0

   (5 reviews)

24 Screenshots

About This File

A set of 155 (with more to come) platform videos,that I have created to match perfectly with my Refried theme. I have used the same character,Background,and border art in the videos,that is in the theme, for the majority of the videos. I am sure it's obvious where the influence came from for the theme,but, this whole thing started out as an alternate version to the Unified theme,which sort of took off and became something slightly different overall. While I do have plans for about 60+ more videos to add to this set,I am afraid I cannot take requests,at least until the project,as a whole, is completed. A special Thank you to @RetroNi for allowing me to use his white bordered logo set,with a few changes,for the titles in these videos...As well as @CriticalCid for giving me the unspoken inspiration to even start this project in the first place!

 

Samples -

Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 

Spoiler

 

Sega CD -

Spoiler

 

AAE -

Spoiler

 

Capcom CPSIII -

Spoiler

 

Pinball FX2 -

Spoiler

 

Nintendo Virtual Boy -

Spoiler

 

Microsoft MS-DOS -

Spoiler

 

The Main Theme can be found here...

The Logo set can be found here...

 

_Refried Background.jpg


What's New in Version 1.3.0   See changelog

Released

**Added 65 new videos to the collection**

Spoiler

Acorn Archimedes
Acorn Atom
Acorn Electron
Amstrad CPC
Android
APF Imagination Machine
Apple IIGS
Atari 8-Bit
Atari Jaguar CD
Atari ST
Atari XEGS
Camputers Lynx
Casio Loopy
Commodore 128
Commodore 16 & Plus4
Commodore CDTV
Commodore MAX Machine
Commodore PET
Commodore VIC-20
Creatronic Mega Duck
EACA EG2000 Colour Genie
Epoch Game Pocket Computer
Exidy Sorcerer
Flash Games
GOG
Indie Games
Interton VC 4000
Java Games
Magnavox Odyssey
Mattel Aquarius
MGT Sam Coupe
Microsoft Windows 3.x
Microsoft Xbox 360
Microsoft Xbox
NEC Turbo Duo
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 64DD
Nintendo Super Game Boy
Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Wii U
OpenBOR
Origin
OUYA
Philips VG 5000
Pioneer Palcom LaserDisc
RCA studio II
Sega Mark III
Sega Mega Drive
Sega Mega-CD
Sega SC-3000
Sega VMU
Sharp MZ-2500
SNK Neo Geo AES
Sony PlayStation 3
Sony PlayStation Vita
Sony PocketStation
Sord M5
Spectravideo
Steam
Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer
Tangerine Oric
Texas Instruments TI 99-4A
Tomy Tutor
Uplay
Vector-06C
WoW Action Max

**Added a new version for the Playstation Portable video that replaces the video preview**

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1



User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Incredible work RetroHumanoid, one of the greatest contributions to this community along with your theme. 

I have a suggestion, the platform video for PSP begins with the emumovies gameplay of Final Fantasy Tactics, but, as you may know, it lags a bit, noticible by the sound. So , if you can, make one version with the gameplay of another game in the beggining, it would be great ! 
 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HugoBR said:

Incredible work RetroHumanoid, one of the greatest contributions to this community along with your theme. 

I have a suggestion, the platform video for PSP begins with the emumovies gameplay of Final Fantasy Tactics, but, as you may know, it lags a bit, noticible by the sound. So , if you can, make one version with the gameplay of another game in the beggining, it would be great ! 
 

 

You are right...and actually I was doing them so quick I didn't even notice it....so I will redo that one when I get a chance. I will replace the Assassin's Creed snap in there too,as it looks to be buggy

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great work. I'm going full RetroHumanoid on my setup. I've missed the SNK Neo Geo AES video. Any chance that you have it ready?

EDIT:

I did a quick review of my system and I would love to have:

Plataforms
    Sega Mark III
    Nintendo 64DD
    SNK Neo Geo AVS
Playlists
    Favorites
    Recently Played

If you allow me to contribute, I would like to post my favorites playlist clear logo that I did to resemble the space invaders logo.

Favorites.thumb.png.29c2988b5415ececca1d5209427a11de.png

 

Edited by Álvaro Maia

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

hello, where I put the themes? If I put in videos\platforms folder they are not working.

 

 Have I to rename them?

 

I am using your great theme. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would also like to know where to put the videos and also the Refried Theme Platform Logo Set.  I also downloaded all the UnifiedRefried theme add-ons if that makes a difference .

Edited by Stormin8

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 12:34 PM, ciskohansen said:

hello, where I put the themes? If I put in videos\platforms folder they are not working.

Videos go in "Videos/Platforms" or "Videos/Playlists" depending on if it's a platform or playlist

On 11/14/2018 at 12:34 PM, ciskohansen said:

Have I to rename them?

If they don't match your Platform/Playlist name then yes you have to name them to match it or they won't work..you definitely want to drop the category name off the front of the filename (ie;(Arcade) ,(Consoles),etc.) as well as eliminate the underscores. I did not place underscores in the name,and i'm not sure why it did when I uploaded them.

32 minutes ago, Stormin8 said:

I would also like to know where to put the videos and also the Refried Theme Platform Logo Set.

Logos go in "Images/Platforms/(Platform Name)/Clear Logo" or "Images/Playlists/(Playlist Name)/Clear Logo" depending on if it's a platform or playlist

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Videos go in "Videos/Platforms" or "Videos/Playlists" depending on if it's a platform or playlist

If they don't match your Platform/Playlist name then yes you have to name them to match it or they won't work..you definitely want to drop the category name off the front of the filename (ie;(Arcade) ,(Consoles),etc.) as well as eliminate the underscores. I did not place underscores in the name,and i'm not sure why it did when I uploaded them.

Logos go in "Images/Platforms/(Platform Name)/Clear Logo" or "Images/Playlists/(Playlist Name)/Clear Logo" depending on if it's a platform or playlist

Are those folders in the root launchbox folders (ex. D:/Launchbox/Images/Platforms/(Platform Name)/Clear Logo ) or in the Refried theme folders (ex. D:/Launchbox/Themes/Unified Refried or d:/Launchbox/Themes/Unified Refried - (Add-on name)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

41 minutes ago, Stormin8 said:

Are those folders in the root launchbox folders (ex. D:/Launchbox/Images/Platforms/(Platform Name)/Clear Logo )

Yes

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

muchas gracias por el theme y los videos estan muy buenos, amigo podrias hacer videos para las categorias computers, consoles, etc

parecido a estos geniales videos de @viking

image.thumb.png.147bdfbb074b3cbe93be0e299e4d5797.pnggracias por todo

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

any chance we get a SNES PAL Platform Video? You only have the NTSC Version here.

 

Other than that great work!

  • Like 2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome Work on the art style and the amount of videos you've done. would you be able to add more? like

Lutro

Sinclair ZX81

Thomson T08

i can't seem to find those videos for those systems on the list of downloads. It would be Epic for you to add videos for those systems and more.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great work. Am I going mad (or is it just me), but is the music for Tapper on the Arcade theme glitched out? I absolutely love the theme (it's incidentally my fave game), but the music is a shame...weird thing is I swear it never used to be like that, but I downloaded it again and same thing

edit: weirdly sometimes it plays normally in BigBox and other times it plays garbled. No idea why, but at least I am not going mad!

Edited by Gimpy

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 11:25 AM, Gimpy said:

Great work. Am I going mad (or is it just me), but is the music for Tapper on the Arcade theme glitched out? I absolutely love the theme (it's incidentally my fave game), but the music is a shame...weird thing is I swear it never used to be like that, but I downloaded it again and same thing

edit: weirdly sometimes it plays normally in BigBox and other times it plays garbled. No idea why, but at least I am not going mad!

Try to change the video plugin to Windows Media Player, if you are using VLC, in the BigBox settings.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

just want to be clear on something real quick.   the accompanying clear logos set says it can be placed in themes>unified refried>images>clear logos etc.  Implying they would go into effect when using this theme.

is this the same for the videos, or do we have to place those in the launchbox root videos>platforms?

ideally want to keep these segregated for when using this theme, but if its not possible thats okay too.  Just want to be sure before i go tearing into things.

Thanks to all involved for the massive undertaking this had to be ❤️

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, klepp0906 said:

just want to be clear on something real quick.   the accompanying clear logos set says it can be placed in themes>unified refried>images>clear logos etc.  Implying they would go into effect when using this theme.

is this the same for the videos, or do we have to place those in the launchbox root videos>platforms?

ideally want to keep these segregated for when using this theme, but if its not possible thats okay too.  Just want to be sure before i go tearing into things.

Thanks to all involved for the massive undertaking this had to be ❤️

Yes videos are the same.

 

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe this is the most exhaustive Platform Theme Videos list ever!

It even has Quiz Machines and Light-gun Games categories!

I wish someone would make an equally exhaustive list of Cinematic style videos.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I missing the videos for the platform types ... Handhelds, Arcade, Console?

 

Other than that, I absolutely love this theme. Nice Work!!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...