LaunchBox Community Forums

Default - 3D Boxes Startup Theme 1.0.4

(0 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

Important: You will need Launchbox 9.2 Beta 1 or above in order to use this Startup Theme!!!!!!

Version 1.0.2: I have increased the image sizes and included some more CD based systems in the folder.

Version 1.0.3

New:

Moved images around and added two new ones. There are now three images on the top row from left to right, 3D Box, Clear Logo, Screenshot. 
The bottom row will have in the bottom right either a Cart Front or spinning disc depending on the system.
If you have a disc system i have not included you can just copy/paste one of the existing disc system xaml's and change the name to match your system.

V 1.04

New:

Added shutdown screen.

Important:

Launchbox 9.2 Beta 4 or above is required for V 1.04 and above.

•  

Simply unzip the downloaded file to Launchbox/StartupThemes, and in Launchbox go to Tools/Options/Game Startup and use the dropdown to select the theme.

This was tested at 1080p resolution, i can not guarantee it will work at other resolutions. 

image.thumb.png.fc079bf2117b129a559162e40f6ce486.pngimage.thumb.png.6202758ddfa51cbfe938fcd9881dc077.png

What's New in Version 1.0.4   See changelog

Released

New:

Added shutdown screen.

Important: Launchbox 9.2 Beta 4 or above is required for V1.0.4 of the theme and above.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I love your theme but I don't like seeing a spinning box when the disc media is missing. Any chance you could leave it blank? Great work 🙂

Share this comment

52 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

I love your theme but I don't like seeing a spinning box when the disc media is missing. Any chance you could leave it blank? Great work 🙂

That can be easily fixed by changing the Cart Front priorities in Options. Uncheck all image types that are not cart or discs. Here's a capture or how you should have it:

319406917_2018-12-20(3).thumb.png.94703239c1715d70cb439884453a656d.png

• Like 1

Share this comment

Big conflicts with RocketLauncher and Fade being enabled. Disabled Fade and now having issues with bezels being enabled. Bezel comes up blank with the emulator sound running in the background or bezel doesn't show up and everything runs fine. I'll just go back to enabling fade in rocketlauncher till this is sorted out.

Share this comment

so, in all of these downloads I get no fan art in the background of the picture when loading a game and closing. I do have a ton of fan art that is displayed when navigating the individual games, but not when loading. What am I doing wrong?

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

Yeah as @Suhrvivor said thats down to your image priority settings in Launchbox.

8 hours ago, Boomerps2 said:

Big conflicts with RocketLauncher and Fade being enabled. Disabled Fade and now having issues with bezels being enabled. Bezel comes up blank with the emulator sound running in the background or bezel doesn't show up and everything runs fine. I'll just go back to enabling fade in rocketlauncher till this is sorted out.

These startup themes are meant to be used instead of RocketLauncher, not along side it. That will cause conflicts.

4 hours ago, derekDemara said:

so, in all of these downloads I get no fan art in the background of the picture when loading a game and closing. I do have a ton of fan art that is displayed when navigating the individual games, but not when loading. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you have fanart selected in the Background priority settings, and also that you do not have Fade set to 100% as that will result in a black screen also.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah as @Suhrvivor said thats down to your image priority settings in Launchbox.

These startup themes are meant to be used instead of RocketLauncher, not along side it. That will cause conflicts.

Make sure you have fanart selected in the Background priority settings, and also that you do not have Fade set to 100% as that will result in a black screen also.

Could someone please share their settings with me. I set background priority to fan art only and fade was already set to zero (all the way to the left) which i played with the slider for a bit and still no background art in the startup themes. 

Share this comment

1 minute ago, derekDemara said:

Could someone please share their settings with me. I set background priority to fan art only and fade was already set to zero (all the way to the left) which i played with the slider for a bit and still no background art in the startup themes. 

The fade has separate settings in both Bigbox and Launchbox, are you adjusting it in one but then launching from the other maybe?

image.thumb.png.0d375d10ea870bee57bc61685ad1fee8.pngimage.thumb.png.adb429687dee5f5ce9f7f0c46812e440.png

Share this comment

By turning off fade in BB now LB is showing fan art. Both are working, I guess I found it very weird that turning off fade in BB fixed LB and BB. Does this make sense to anyone?

Share this comment

For Arcade, is there any chance you could show the cabinet in the bottom right where the discs/carts are shown?

Share this comment

24 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

For Arcade, is there any chance you could show the cabinet in the bottom right where the discs/carts are shown?

Ill have a look and see what i can do, it wont be today though as i'm busy.

• Like 1

Share this comment

@Lukeyboy67

I couldn't for the life of me get Cabinets to show by specifying that image type. So what i have done is specify Cart - Front for the Arcade startup theme just like the others, all you need to do is go to tools/options Cart Front priorities in Launchbox and check the box for Arcade - Cabinet. This will fall back to using cabinets if there is no Cart - Front, which of course there wont be anyway for Arcade systems, so it should just work as you expected.

151901702_ArcadeCabinet.thumb.png.a178af8a9d852ff6c5367951bfd4196d.png365324953_arcadecabinet2.thumb.png.86052e1bfa62d7d8060566e334a121e8.png

Just drop this .xaml into the theme folder.

Arcade.xaml

• Like 1

Share this comment

Cheers m8! That was so quick, I was expecting it to be ages if at all! excellent work, looks great. 😃

• Like 1

Share this comment

7 hours ago, KillaBLK said:

Just to be clear. Rocketlauncher bezels will not work along side this? 

Yeah as @DOS76 said it "should" work with Bezels, its the fades that interfere. 

Share this comment

On a good few games the loading screen turns off to reveal LB/BB or the emulator before the game boots. Is there a way to keep the loading screen displayed until the game fully boots?

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

On a good few games the loading screen turns off to reveal LB/BB or the emulator before the game boots. Is there a way to keep the loading screen displayed until the game fully boots?

This is handled by the options in Launchbox and Bigbox, its not something that can be adjusted in the themes. There is a slider in Launchbox.

image.thumb.png.a01c85e88028a6633eda3432b5fd61b6.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment