Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade & Diner - Dynamic Stereo Ambience 1.0.0

   (0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

If you like to simulate an arcade setting, audio helps give it that extra dimension/mood. Just fire up the mp3 with your media player of choice and MAME-away :)

This is an hour long ambience Mp3 file, I mixed several sources of a diner and an arcade together with a dynamic left to right panning mix on 4 tracks, especially useful when you've set up a home cinema / audio set which has the ability of spreading 2 channel stereo to the back speakers as 4 channel stereo. When the dynamic panning sets in it comes really close to a real surround mix, it makes the ambience feel more realistic with depth. Now I haven't tested the file yet with headphones on so be warned, it might not be a suitable mix for this as you might hear too much detail where the rough panning wasn't performed well.

476542370_Mr.RetroLust-ArcadeDiner-DynamicStereoAmbience.png.94354cf988da61f64e673c39c432a0f5.png

  • Like 3



User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Incredibly done! I tested it with the headphones and literally thought I was there. I even had to take them off couple of times as I thought that some sounds were too real and actually coming from my place XD

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

so where would this apply?  I've never used any music or anything in launchbox,...would this be a blanket launchbox backround song playing the whole time?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Incredibly done! I tested it with the headphones and literally thought I was there. I even had to take them off couple of times as I thought that some sounds were too real and actually coming from my place XD

Oh wow haha good to hear buddy! I'll try them with headphones on as well now :D 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

so where would this apply?  I've never used any music or anything in launchbox,...would this be a blanket launchbox backround song playing the whole time?

Just fire up the mp3 with your media player of choice. I haven't tried it within Launchbox or Big Box as it might complicate things too much, this way you can control volume separately and the audio keeps on playing.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Kondorito Check this out, I found out how to mix it even better and this time in real 5.1 Dolby Digital, not sure if you have a 5.1 set but if you do here's a test sample (just playing around nothing serious yet), perhaps it's even better with headphones as well.

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@Kondorito Check this out, I found out how to mix it even better and this time in real 5.1 Dolby Digital, not sure if you have a 5.1 set but if you do here's a test sample (just playing around nothing serious yet), perhaps it's even better with headphones as well.

 

 

5.1_test_sample.mpg

Currently at work; could test it later on, trying it now with headphones, and I really like it. There is some crossfading between L and R.
I would rather have the Arcade sounds louder than the diner ones, but I really like it overall :) Awesome job!

  • Game On 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...