About This File
Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section once updated in the future, if you want notifications for future updates be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.
Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme
Huge thanks goes out to @Hexxxer for his amazing theme (FutureState) framework and controls (HexControls.dll), without his work I couldn't have made this theme.
This theme is a sequel to my previous Futurestate Neon Deluxe theme, it looks a lot like the theme but has some features that the prequel had not; like embedded fonts (no need to install fonts, thanks to @Jason Carr) and much more, you just have to see it for yourself. My main goal with this theme is to create a virtual arcade building kinda like 'New Retro Arcade'.
Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes and elements, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme:
Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme
Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Street)
Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Inside)
Mr. RetroLust's Realistic Retroarch Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)
This theme uses a softer version of Marquee screen FX, if you like there is more choice at Realistic Marquee Monitor FX
Transparent background Mame PCB's (circuit boards): Over here
You can find transparent background arcade cabinets here at Arcade Cabinets Project 2.0
Video of early version:
Video of v2.0 with a new view:
Download the theme from Big Box's theme manager or download the zip file here and extract the content to Launchbox/Themes/NeonDeluxeArcade/
You might need to unblock the .DLL's in the plugin folder for them to work properly.
To make the placeholder work which shows the Cabinets/Advertisement Flyer - Back/Box Back in the screenshots it first needs some changes in your image priority settings within Launchbox. As the cabinets don't have their own placeholder to be coded in a theme I used the Cart 3D placeholder as I figured most people will only use one cart view or can set Cart 3D in image priorities to Cart Front. You can control a lot to your liking within image priorities, as long as you remember it's Cart 3D for this placeholder.
My setup in image priorities within Launchbox options:
1. This theme uses images and video pretty heavy, it could run slower on older systems. I recommend doing the following to speed up Big Box greatly:
- Uncheck all Background Images in launchbox/settings/image priorities
- Set all transitions to "None" in BigBox settings
- Use the Clean Up media tool in launchbox/tools/Clean Up Media... (this can really speed up lists with thousands of games and duplicate media)
- Let Launchbox cache your images
2. This theme is probably only fit for use on a 16:9 aspect ratio.
3. If you use a 4K display you probably have to set the Windows dpi settings to 200% in order to keep the layout intact.
Hope you like and enjoy! 🤘
What's New in Version v2.1 See changelog
Changes in v2.1
- Adjustments in view 3 (the arcade cabinet view) video/screenshot screen is now centered/scaled better so you can still see details on the edges of the screen. The marquee above the cabinet is also centered/scaled better so there won't be any cut-offs from the marquee images.