Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme 1.0

   (13 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS COLORFUL MEDIA SET ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. I hope you like it ! 😘
Here are planned development axes:
COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.cc3347194aedf12be1e85d8640be0d23.jpg

  • COLORFUL Theme : The main hub, a unique interface for BigBox.
  • COLORFUL Platform Video : Complete 4K video set, with a unique design.
  • COLORFUL Source : To involve the community in the platform video creation. (new)
  • COLORFUL BigBox Startup Video : (soon)
  • COLORFUL Startup Theme : (soon)
  • COLORFUL Pause Theme : (soon)

 

# HERE IS COLORFUL THEME FOR BIGBOX:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Theme for BigBox:
Design for work with my platform video set, COLORFUL THEME is thought to be used on the big screen (TV) in gaming console mode.
Modern, elegant and animated are the key words of this interface.

 

# I NEED YOUR HELP : PATREON ?
Same problem as with my video set !
Creating  videos & theme takes a loooooot of time. And I have to deal with a full-time CGI artist job and 2 young kids.
So I opened a Patreon page that could allow me to dedicate days on my work time to continue creating video.
I'm not trying to get rich, but like everyone else, I cant spend 1 day/week working for free! I hope you understand.
If the project interests you: Here is my Patreon page.

 

 

# IN DETAIL ?
The main features :

  • 16:9 only. (Works on other ratio, but with black bands)
  • Full 4K asset. (Any resolution must work, 4K assets)
  • Totally responsive. No resolution deformation on text size or placement.
  • Because of the white/black background, some ClearLogo comes with the theme.
  • Gamepad connection indicator & battery level.

 

# RECOMMENDATION ?
Any design choice gives limitations. Here are some recommendations for this theme :

  • LaunchBox/BigBox v.10.0 (and up)
  • VLC highly recommended.
  • Design for work with COLORFUL platform video set. (but you can use any video you what)
  • Beware of full white/black ClearLogo. They will be invisible on Light/Dark views!
  • I didnt test this theme on a lowend configuration. There may be slowdown. (Curious to have your feedback on this subject!)

 

# COOL, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
2 ways

  1.  In Windows : Right here, with the download button. Extract the "Colorful" folder and place it in your "LaunchBox/Themes" directory.   (dont rename it!)
  2.  In BigBox : Option > Theme manager > Found "COLORFUL - Light" or "COLORFUL - Dark"

 

# SPECIAL THANKS !

  • @Jason Carr for his hard work on LaunchBox/BigBox! Thx man!
  • To all Patreon guys! A GIANT THANKS to all of you!!! 😍
  • The whote community for yout support!

# CREDITS !

 

 

# BY FILE, EVERY CUSTOM VIEW SUMMARY  (Here in LIGHT. Same principle/animation for DARK)

  • PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml PlatformWheel1FiltersView_xaml.thumb.gif.0dcc13a33d3208a072e8e7d0dbcf5b80.gif
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml PlatformWheel3FiltersView_xaml.thumb.gif.a15f8eeb6b5a938b6da0353c658be659.gif
  • WheelGamesView.xaml WheelGamesView_xaml.thumb.gif.d4271f18ad67f3084e1911c000d9fa44.gif
  • Wheel2GamesView.xaml :Wheel2GamesView_xaml.thumb.gif.4592e405397f84bbe231ab4c3ce57cb5.gif
  • TextGamesView :Colorful_4_TextGamesView.thumb.gif.0bef712f302c7519ec89f0a3ee5333a8.gif

 


What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

Version 1.0 - Released October 16, 2020

 - New Feature: (both) In game views, FrontBox now fade out after 4sec, to clear the view on video.
 - Improvement: (both) In all GamesView, replace the "Platform Name" by "Game Genre". Thx to RedSnake !
 - Improvement: (both) Speed optimization on GamesViews, identical to platform.
 - Improvement: (both) New ClearLogo set, depending on the Clear or Dark version. (Please clean your cache)
 - Improvement: (both) Massive PNG size optimization.
 - Fixed: (dark) "PlatformWheel2FiltersView" now displays the dark arrows.
 - Fixed: (both) "Wheel2GamesView" fix "5-Player Simultaneous" display.

  • Like 30
  • Thanks 9
  • Game On 5
  • Unusual Gem 3



User Feedback

Recommended Comments



10 minutes ago, Corgan said:

Hey, where did you find that?  I'm having the same issue.

Specifically, the issue I'm having is that it is not displaying most of my playlist clear logos.  It displays one of them (Recently Played) but doesn't display the rest.  I've placed the images in both locations:

\LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo

and in their individual folders:

E.g.: \LaunchBox\Images\Playlists\Classics\Clear Logo

@Corgan go into BIGBOX options then images and refresh all images, you should be fine then

Edited by kidshoalin
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

You may be right, but I think I tried that and it didn't work.  I'm not sure but I think the Refresh Media only refreshes the games in the current view and with a playlist logo I'm not sure it refreshes that.  I could be wrong.  However, I just found the cache folder and simply deleting the folder and letting it rebuild (when you restart LB or BB) worked!

It's here: \LaunchBox\Images\Cache-BB

Note: I'm assuming this is not an issue with this theme, I just happened to encounter it while messing with this theme

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kidshoalin said:

@vikingI tried this but it did not work, here is a pic of the new line created, I might have done it wrong so please correct me if so :)

Looks like you're halfway there -- you defined your new platform category in Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll.config.

Next, you need to add this platform category to Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config, e.g.:

<add key="Category.MICROSOFT_WINDOWS" value="(hex color code of your choice)" />

The same process is used to define colors for platforms and playlists: (1) make sure your named category, platform, or playlist has a mapping in the main assembly configuration file, then (2) make sure there is a color for this mapping defined int the Colors config file. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Boomerps2 said:

Love the theme, clean look and the 4K support, just not a fan of the game selection wheel disappearing.

I think this is the same issue I noted as well - anybody know if there's a way to change this functionality so selecting a game requires a button press rather than having it automatically transition in when navigating with the wheel? Don't know if that's something @vikinghas already addressed. Apologies if so!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 10:19 PM, Zeno said:

I think this is the same issue I noted as well - anybody know if there's a way to change this functionality so selecting a game requires a button press rather than having it automatically transition in when navigating with the wheel? Don't know if that's something @vikinghas already addressed. Apologies if so!

I don't think it's possible. In any case, I don't know how to do it.
If anyone has a solution, it would indeed be cool!

On 6/15/2020 at 4:44 AM, GoHawksThe12 said:

Just bought launchbox because of this theme. Keep up the good work!

Thx !!! 😃

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome theme, and I love how you "open sourced" it by giving the Resources.   Couple questions:

1) The thread you mention for posting about that doesn't seem to be created yet.

2) Is there any recommendations where to look for the cabinet art that you used for the Arcade platform.  I was reviewing the PSD and see where we can add in artwork, but am curious where you suggest looking for other cabinet art.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pofo14 said:

Awesome theme, and I love how you "open sourced" it by giving the Resources.   Couple questions:

1) The thread you mention for posting about that doesn't seem to be created yet.

2) Is there any recommendations where to look for the cabinet art that you used for the Arcade platform.  I was reviewing the PSD and see where we can add in artwork, but am curious where you suggest looking for other cabinet art.

Thx 😃

1) The thread is on the download page, button "Get Support". Here is a direct link. The idea is to centralize everything related to COLORFUL video set creation.

2) For arcade cabinet, difficult (impossible?) to find the right photo to do the editing. So I recreated them completely in 3D. So I created a PSD file that we can customize to multiply any basic Arcade visual. For graphics/design sources to set up, I have no better lead than Google Image or any DIY Arcade Cabinet forums.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Deam

Posted (edited)

This may be a general theme question but I have setup COLORFUL dark and am really enjoying it.   

Question: Is there a way to stop the background video (for either a platform, or a game once you have selected the platform) from playing once you "deselect" it? To give an example. Say you are in SNES platform, you stop on a game, Super Mario World.  It's Video Snap starts playing.  If you start scrolling to another game (let's say for a while), the Super Mario World snap video music continues to play until you "stop" at another game.  

Is there a setting that will stop the snap's music (and video I guess), from playing in the background once you move off that selection? Effectively, so there is no sound playing as you scroll through the game's list until you stop at another game.

Thank you for your extraordinary work.

Edited by Deam

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Deam THX!!

Yes, this question has already been asked. It's a good idea, but I can't put it in the code.
If anyone has an idea I am interested!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OdinsPlayground said:

Just wanted to mention I'm also getting green color on the interface buttons regardless of console

Your BigBox is up to date ?

Use custom platform name?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, viking said:

Your BigBox is up to date ?

Use custom platform name?

Yes, BigBox is on the latest Beta. This has been happening since I upgraded to the 0.9 Light version. 

Names are just standard. As this happens on all platforms and arcade playlists.

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture8.JPG

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 10:33 AM, viking said:

Thx 😃

1) The thread is on the download page, button "Get Support". Here is a direct link. The idea is to centralize everything related to COLORFUL video set creation.

2) For arcade cabinet, difficult (impossible?) to find the right photo to do the editing. So I recreated them completely in 3D. So I created a PSD file that we can customize to multiply any basic Arcade visual. For graphics/design sources to set up, I have no better lead than Google Image or any DIY Arcade Cabinet forums.

Thanks for the response - as I am not artistically inclined - I will leave the great theme creation up to you.  As someone with a background in software - I do appreciate the structure / thought process you put into the tutorial.

Are there any plans to release other Arcade platforms (Daphne, American Laser Games) as well as something custom for some typical playlists (Fighting, SHUMPS, etc.)?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would first like to pass the theme to v.1.0
I only have a few details to finalize these views.

The next BIG part, will be all these playlist/variants video around arcade cabinet. (Standard automatic playlist + common cabinet)
It will take time, but it's a very important big piece!

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, viking said:

I would first like to pass the theme to v.1.0
I only have a few details to finalize these views.

The next BIG part, will be all these playlist/variants video around arcade cabinet. (Standard automatic playlist + common cabinet)
It will take time, but it's a very important big piece!

Thanks - knowing this is will come eventually is great, I can be patient.   For now I figured out how to use your Arcade Favorite video for my other playlists by editing the config.   That will hold me over.

Thanks again.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 12:08 AM, OdinsPlayground said:

The theme stopped changing the colors when scrolling through the platforms.

My platforms are named correctly.

Don't know how to fix this.

running launchbox 11.2 beta with colorful light 0.9

 

 

 

 

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Unbenannt.JPG

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chro Strange that this problem persists.
The display of colors in the theme is not generated by videos, but by a plugin developed by @eatkinola.

In :  "LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a\AssemblyConfig "   have you this two files :
-
Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll.config
- Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config

In :  "LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Plugins "   Are all the plugins unlocked?
(right clic on eatch plugin, clic "unlocked")

Or a PC reboot ??

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly 'SharpDX.XInput, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.3-beta-1
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.re2RCmSo7L[JfVNZAwR8ZQDjHA9hP](IEnumerable`1  , ConcurrentDictionary`2&  )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath, Form splashForm)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App.LoadThemePlugins(String theme)
   at n8OfqdhAlm5mSwUcXs.kHtZyBcLj(String  , n8OfqdhAlm5mSwUcXs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Bootstrapper.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

   18:31:30 Exception

Hi viking,

since the most recent LaunchBox update I can no longer run BigBox with your great theme. Any idea what might have changed that could break the plugin? Something .Net related? Launchbox requested me to install .NET core... 

Thanks in advance!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, exe222 said:

Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly 'SharpDX.XInput, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b4dcf0f35e5521f1'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.3-beta-1
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.re2RCmSo7L[JfVNZAwR8ZQDjHA9hP](IEnumerable`1  , ConcurrentDictionary`2&  )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath, Form splashForm)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App.LoadThemePlugins(String theme)
   at n8OfqdhAlm5mSwUcXs.kHtZyBcLj(String  , n8OfqdhAlm5mSwUcXs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Bootstrapper.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

   18:31:30 Exception

Hi viking,

since the most recent LaunchBox update I can no longer run BigBox with your great theme. Any idea what might have changed that could break the plugin? Something .Net related? Launchbox requested me to install .NET core... 

Thanks in advance!

A lot of plugins have been broken in the latest beta. They are betas for a reason though, so if you are not willing to deal with issues and actually report them in the actual beta thread, then id turn off the update to beta option in your setup. Betas will break things from time to time, they are for testing, not to use on your daily build.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, damn beta builds. I see. Will stick with official releases then. Thanks for the hint.
Something with the underlying .NET Framework seems to have changed.

 

Good to know that it is a known issue with the latest beta.
Waiting for the next official release and hope that the plugins / themes are fixed until then. :)

 

Edited by exe222

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, exe222 said:

Waiting for the next official release and hope that the plugins / themes are fixed until then.

Of course, there wil not be a official release until the issues are fixed. This is exactly the reason why we do betas though, to find these issues and get them fixed before a official release.

You should just be able to roll back to 11.2 by running the installer in Launchbox/Updates over the top of your current build.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 6:52 PM, neil9000 said:

Of course, there wil not be a official release until the issues are fixed. This is exactly the reason why we do betas though, to find these issues and get them fixed before a official release.

You should just be able to roll back to 11.2 by running the installer in Launchbox/Updates over the top of your current build.

will all my settings be uneffected by running the installer on top of my current build ?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chro said:

will all my settings be uneffected by running the installer on top of my current build ?

Yes.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...