Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.8.9

   (9 reviews)

About This File

The Community Theme Creator for BigBox is still in development and should be treated as an Alpha build, however it has enough features in place that would allow you to start building your own Themes.

(Please see Pyramids by @Rincewind)

 

As I have no documentation at this point, please visit my YouTube Channel as I demonstrate some of the various features.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCALHDoR8oQifl6sbIrdrW6w

 

Installation

1. Download .zip file

2. Unblock (right click on the .zip file, select properties and click on Unblock)

3. Unzip where ever you like

4. Go to the unzipped folder and go to folder ".Install these fonts first to allow the demo theme to load correctly in the editor"

5. Install the 2 fonts (these are only needed for the included Theme)

6. Click on the "COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox.exe"

7. Fill out the setup properties (userid / name and location of the BigBox.exe )

 

8. Enjoy!

 

FYI.  If you wish to design a Theme in either 4:3 or 16:9 or any other aspect ratio then simply change your windows desktop settings to the desired resolution and open the editor.

 


What's New in Version 1.0.8.9   See changelog

Released

9/28/20 (1.0.8.9)

  • ' Fixed Code Generator - Image UI Elements were not using the RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" @Rincewind

8/24/20 (1.0.8.8)

  • Threw away my custom image control and replaced with a new converter allowing faster, efficient method for applying gray scale and color tinting
  • Memory leaks gone and CPU no longer being crushed when using published themes via BigBox

8/23/20 (1.0.8.7)

  • Fixed a ton of issues, from images not showing their content to image cycling causing bigbox to lockup, to name just a few

8/22/20 (1.0.8.6)

  • The next image / animated gif / user defined video can be triggered based on a change to the selected platform/selected game @Rincewind
  • Fixed a memory leak within video control and new image control

8/21/20 (1.0.8.5)

  • Fixed UI Element Property List. When editing custom images, some properties were not being displayed
  • Fixed Image UI Element, when set to UniformToFill and the alignment (horizontal and vertical) set to center the image was not being centered @thimolor
  • Added Image cycling to Image, Gif and User Defined Videos, can be cycled sequentially or randomly. @wallmachine
  • Added Gray Scale property to the Image UI Element. @Rincewind

8/1/20 (1.0.8.4)

  • Fixed     Startup crash when identifying custom fields (@rodclemen)

7/29/20 (1.0.8.3)

  • Fixed     Wheel Properties (that allow negatives) was tricky to enter negative values (@Wallmachine)
  • Fixed     Filter by Playlist when Playlist has filter criteria (@ilcomandantecobra)
  • Changed   Undo to provide a brief description of what you will undo when you right click to undo

7/26/20 (1.0.8.2)

  • Fixed an oopsie
  • Added the ability to play animated .GIFs in the editor
  • Added finally... UNDO!

7/22/20 (1.0.8.1)

  • Fixed     COMMUNITYtcfbb.dll to perform error handling when calculating off screen position when animating
  • Changed   New Value limits within Animation Editor
  • Fixed     Application startup - looking for Platform Categories and crashed if it could not find them in the XML (@Super Mouse)
  • Fixed     Editor - Group Deletion, allowed the deletion of a locked UI Element
  • Fixed     Editor - Element Deletion, corrupted 1st element in the list changing the group name to null

7/18/20 (1.0.8.0)

New Stuff

  • Visibility Conditions
  • Custom Field Support - Text, Scroll Text, Images, Animated Gif & User Defined Video can reference Custom Fields @Coreization / @mcfilmmakers / @Faeran
  • View and Edit using selected Aspect Ratio
  • About Window, shows build information, associated .dll's and contributors
  • Added Toolbar to main screen.  controls audio, aspect ratio and view types (View/Custom Images)
  • Editor - UI Element List / Properties panel is now a separate window and can be minimized/maximized and moved to another monitor @CriticalCid
  • Editor - UI Element List. Can now lock, hide/show elements, visual cues added when performing drag and drop, "Animation" and "Visibility Conditions" tags added
  • Audio Clips can be added to Animations

Fixes

  • Main Window-View preview scales accurately @HeavyRisk
  • During Selection Animation Trigger @cmoss
  • Main window - Initial load/display of the selected view is now smoother
  • Code generation, views are now clipped. elements placed outside of the canvas will be clipped within the viewable area.
  • Editor - TextFilter/TextGameList, first list item would lose focus when switching platforms/categories/playlists
  • Application startup - 2 folders used to gather fonts, not always 2 on a variety of PC's, added validation. @chrisk11
  • Parsing XML files, Platform Name can contain "/" which is an invalid file name, scrubbed so "/" becomes "_" @Rincewind
  • Loading games via Playlist - was looking for "IsAutogenerated" which is not always included in XMLs. @Fry
  • Playlist Names, they now appear as defined in the .XML instead of using the XML file name.
  • All Published TextLists, fontsize was incorrectly calculated and was visibly different from the editor
  • Custom Image Rendering - Platform & Playlist Names are scrubbed (invalid characters replaced with _)
  • Release Date and Last Played Date default to a date format when initially adding the element to a view @Rincewind
  • Playlists with no roms are now visible

1.0.8.8 Overview

At the time of posting the HD version of the video is still being processed by YouTube

 

 

1.0.8.0 Overview

 

Installation

** UNBLOCK the ZIP file before you UNZIP **  (right click on the downloaded zip and selection properties, then click on unblock)

If you have a Theme or Themes you are currently working on, simply drag the content of the Theme Preferences folder from your current build into this new build.

You can also drag the settings.txt from your current build into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox folder so you don't have to go through the setup

 

Transferring your existing work to the new version. Simply open both the new and old versions, open the old "My Theme Projects" folder and move the content to the new "My Theme Projects" folder

1413623239_Usingyourexistingworkinthenewversion.thumb.png.d2dcb2b248d13925937f61fce98c8833.png

Custom Images

I have included 1 Platform and 1 Game Custom Image template for you to experiment with.

The video below will go into the creation, rendering and how to use them with your theme in greater detail.

  • Like 23
  • Thanks 11
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 10



User Feedback

Recommended Comments



14 hours ago, chrisk11 said:

Hello, new here and just tried running this for the first time. Win7 SP1 - 64x. I unblocked the zip and unzipped. Tried several times with same result. Also tried on my computer at work, it's also sp1 win7 64 and same error.

I do not have a computer running win7 as Microsoft discontinued support of win7 earlier this year, I can try building an installer after work today and send it to you but again I have no way of testing it

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, y2guru said:

I do not have a computer running win7 as Microsoft discontinued support of win7 earlier this year, I can try building an installer after work today and send it to you but again I have no way of testing it

that would be amazing if its not too much trouble. I have another pc with win10 that i'll also try later today. thank you for the reply!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chrisk11 said:

that would be amazing if its not too much trouble. I have another pc with win10 that i'll also try later today. thank you for the reply!

Try downloading , unblocking, unzipping to win 10, then click on the exe to ensure it works ,  once confirmed copy the unzipped directory over to win 7

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, y2guru said:

Try downloading , unblocking, unzipping to win 10, then click on the exe to ensure it works ,  once confirmed copy the unzipped directory over to win 7

Tried on win 10 and i'm still getting the same issue. Unblocked, installed fonts, ect.

Quote

   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Application.Main()
Initialization of 'COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow' threw an exception.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chrisk11 said:

Tried on win 10 and i'm still getting the same issue. Unblocked, installed fonts, ect.

 

can you zip up the data folder and send it to me directly please. (either from your win10 or win7 system)

image.thumb.png.83d4636ebffaca684a3a99deca5975f9.png

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there, sorry if this was covered already but I searched and didn't see it. I have never used this app before but wanted to give it a try. This is my second attempt with fresh download each time. Every time I open the app I get a ton of this same error. The error repeats anytime I try access anything else in the default template, after I cleared out of the first set of errors. It does not make the app crash, just can't do anything.

Is there some dependencies that I am missing?

image.thumb.png.b1df3256a4c6e118b2d051c2f073686d.pngDue to Errors, the following UI Element has been disabled
 

Edited by Foebik

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Foebik said:

Hey there, sorry if this was covered already but I searched and didn't see it. I have never used this app before but wanted to give it a try. This is my second attempt with fresh download each time. Every time I open the app I get a ton of this same error. The error repeats anytime I try access anything else in the default template, after I cleared out of the first set of errors. It does not make the app crash, just can't do anything.

Is there some dependencies that I am missing?

image.thumb.png.b1df3256a4c6e118b2d051c2f073686d.pngDue to Errors, the following UI Element has been disabled
 

Once you have downloaded the zip file you must unblock the zip file before you extract

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm, my bad. I did see that before, but I thought it was an issue tied to Window's decompression tool built into the OS. Didn't know it also affected WinRaR. Thanks for the quick reply.
 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible, or is it possibly a future feature that we can import an older theme in the app to modify it?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

Is it possible, or is it possibly a future feature that we can import an older theme in the app to modify it?

It would of been needed to be made in the creator originally, and for the creator to share those files.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Win7 64 bit is getting the same error on  startup that chrisk11 is. Here is the error log:

   

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Application.Main()
Initialization of 'COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow' threw an exception.

Any word on this issue? What stinks is that I unzipped it over a previous version, and now my old theme publishes, but crashes BigBox on startup with this error:

(Inner Exception)

The component 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Views.ImageVideoView' does not have a resource identified by the URI '/Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows;component/views/imagevideoview.xaml'.

App:     Big Box
Version: 10.14
Type:    System.Exception
Site:    Void LoadComponent(System.Object, System.Uri)
Source:  PresentationFramework

   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Views.ImageVideoView.InitializeComponent()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Views.ImageVideoView..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel..ctor()


(Outer Exception)

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

App:     Big Box
Version: 10.14
Type:    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Site:    System.Object CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
Source:  mscorlib

   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at Caliburn.Micro.BootstrapperBase.DisplayRootViewFor(Type viewModelType, IDictionary`2 settings)
   at (Bootstrapper , Object , StartupEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Bootstrapper.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

   3:35:44 PM Exception

Is there a repo of previous versions until this is sorted out? Thanks

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, timbone316 said:

My Win7 64 bit is getting the same error on  startup that chrisk11 is. Here is the error log:

   


at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Application.Main()
Initialization of 'COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow' threw an exception.

Any word on this issue? What stinks is that I unzipped it over a previous version, and now my old theme publishes, but crashes BigBox on startup with this error:


(Inner Exception)

The component 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Views.ImageVideoView' does not have a resource identified by the URI '/Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows;component/views/imagevideoview.xaml'.

App:     Big Box
Version: 10.14
Type:    System.Exception
Site:    Void LoadComponent(System.Object, System.Uri)
Source:  PresentationFramework

   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Views.ImageVideoView.InitializeComponent()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Views.ImageVideoView..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel..ctor()


(Outer Exception)

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

App:     Big Box
Version: 10.14
Type:    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Site:    System.Object CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
Source:  mscorlib

   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at Caliburn.Micro.BootstrapperBase.DisplayRootViewFor(Type viewModelType, IDictionary`2 settings)
   at (Bootstrapper , Object , StartupEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Bootstrapper.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

   3:35:44 PM Exception

Is there a repo of previous versions until this is sorted out? Thanks

Please wait a week or 2, I’m still working on 1.0.8.0 which amongst other things fixes this issue

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ilcomandantecobra said:

New version is working flawlessly for me now!

Thanks!

That’s great!!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @y2guru,

I have an issue that maybe you can help me with. The theme that I am working on, once published, BigBox will not load any user defined image or video.

This is a screenshot from the theme in your creator:

imagen.thumb.png.92c00e36fed6b99f0ae0b6309100abd3.pngAnd this is how it looks in BigBox (I've tried refreshing the images cache):

imagen.thumb.png.1dc7a7432b4c1ac6652d4ec50e3f7cfc.pngThe blue stripe on the left and the marquee are platform specific. The cabinet and the video overlay are fixed assets.

Any idea?

Edit: Issue solved by downgrading to 11.4 (I was on 11.5 Beta 2).

Edited by CMOSS

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru,

I have an issue that maybe you can help me with. The theme that I am working on, once published, BigBox will not load any user defined image or video.

This is a screenshot from the theme in your creator:

imagen.thumb.png.92c00e36fed6b99f0ae0b6309100abd3.pngAnd this is how it looks in BigBox (I've tried refreshing the images cache):

imagen.thumb.png.1dc7a7432b4c1ac6652d4ec50e3f7cfc.pngThe blue stripe on the left and the marquee are platform specific. The cabinet and the video overlay are fixed assets.

Any idea?

 

3 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru,

I have an issue that maybe you can help me with. The theme that I am working on, once published, BigBox will not load any user defined image or video.

This is a screenshot from the theme in your creator:

imagen.thumb.png.92c00e36fed6b99f0ae0b6309100abd3.pngAnd this is how it looks in BigBox (I've tried refreshing the images cache):

imagen.thumb.png.1dc7a7432b4c1ac6652d4ec50e3f7cfc.pngThe blue stripe on the left and the marquee are platform specific. The cabinet and the video overlay are fixed assets.

Any idea?

zip up your published theme from the launchbox/themes folder and send to me directly

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi!

I have added a user defined video element that to display a particular video based on the selected game name (not the normal game video snap). The name of the game and the name of the video coincide, and the video is in the correct folder, but it is not being displayed.

Can anyone with me a hint on what I might be doing wrong?

imagen.thumb.png.6a198051d8e49b3c6787235414b4a36c.png

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

Hi!

I have added a user defined video element that to display a particular video based on the selected game name (not the normal game video snap). The name of the game and the name of the video coincide, and the video is in the correct folder, but it is not being displayed.

Can anyone with me a hint on what I might be doing wrong?

imagen.thumb.png.6a198051d8e49b3c6787235414b4a36c.png

You can do a few things, 1. You can display the path name associated with the user defined element , this will enable you to determine if the file exists in your folder

2.  Add an element like a rectangle to the screen, then define visibility conditioning to it,  set it to visible but collapse it if the user defined file name is not found, this too will determine if you have the videoed in your folder

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, y2guru said:

You can do a few things, 1. You can display the path name associated with the user defined element , this will enable you to determine if the file exists in your folder

2.  Add an element like a rectangle to the screen, then define visibility conditioning to it,  set it to visible but collapse it if the user defined file name is not found, this too will determine if you have the videoed in your folder

Hi @y2guru,

The path seems to be correct. I've edited directly the generated xaml code and I can make it work if I remove @@PLATFORM@@ from the binding path below:

<TextBlock x:Name="UserDefinedVideo2ImageFile" Visibility="Collapsed">
                    <TextBlock.Text>
                        <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource GetFileUsingTitle}">
                            <Binding Path="." Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/COLLECTIONS/Media/CollectionsGameVideos\@@PLATFORM@@"/>
                            <Binding Path="SelectedGame.Platform"/>
                            <Binding Path="ActiveGame.Title"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source="0"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source=".png"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source="Fuzzy"/>
                        </MultiBinding>
                    </TextBlock.Text>
                </TextBlock>

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru,

The path seems to be correct. I've edited directly the generated xaml code and I can make it work if I remove @@PLATFORM@@ from the binding path below:

<TextBlock x:Name="UserDefinedVideo2ImageFile" Visibility="Collapsed">
                    <TextBlock.Text>
                        <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource GetFileUsingTitle}">
                            <Binding Path="." Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/COLLECTIONS/Media/CollectionsGameVideos\@@PLATFORM@@"/>
                            <Binding Path="SelectedGame.Platform"/>
                            <Binding Path="ActiveGame.Title"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source="0"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source=".png"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source="Fuzzy"/>
                        </MultiBinding>
                    </TextBlock.Text>
                </TextBlock>

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Add a text element to the view and change the constant value to the following

this will show the file name and you can determine if you have the file name or not

{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=UserDefinedVideo2ImageFile}

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...