LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.8.98

(11 reviews)

About This File

The Community Theme Creator for BigBox is still in development and should be treated as an Alpha build, however it has enough features in place that would allow you to start building your own Themes.

(Please see Pyramids by @Rincewind)

As I have no documentation at this point, please visit my YouTube Channel as I demonstrate some of the various features.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCALHDoR8oQifl6sbIrdrW6w

Installation

1. Download .zip file

2. Unblock (right click on the .zip file, select properties and click on Unblock)

3. Unzip where ever you like

4. Go to the unzipped folder and go to folder ".Install these fonts first to allow the demo theme to load correctly in the editor"

5. Install the 2 fonts (these are only needed for the included Theme)

6. Click on the "COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox.exe"

7. Fill out the setup properties (userid / name and location of the BigBox.exe )

8. Enjoy!

FYI.  If you wish to design a Theme in either 4:3 or 16:9 or any other aspect ratio then simply change your windows desktop settings to the desired resolution and open the editor.

What's New in Version 1.0.8.98   See changelog

Released

Fixed    "Selected Item Video" and "User Defined Video" to allow visibility conditioning to function @BMovieBen

• Like 27
  • Thanks 13
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 10

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

36 minutes ago, y2guru said:

What version of launchbox/big box are you using?  ( the database could vary based on that version )  and I’ll make sure I’m using the same one

the latest beta, 11.9 beta 6

3 hours ago, y2guru said:

Seems to be an issue with your setup as no one else has reported a similar issue, but I’ll take a look at lunchtime and see what’s special with that platform and those range of games

What was the last title listed?  Mystery murder Jack the Ripper?

also the latest forum build is 1.0.8.97 but that wouldn’t address this issue 

7 hours ago, y2guru said:

What was the last title listed?  Mystery murder Jack the Ripper?

also the latest forum build is 1.0.8.97 but that wouldn’t address this issue 

For me, it was "Kobito Game Taizen" within the Nintendo 3DS folder. I'm using the latest forum build also

36 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

For me, it was "Kobito Game Taizen" within the Nintendo 3DS folder. I'm using the latest forum build also

Very strange, it works for me every time, using both the latest forum build and my future build.

image.thumb.png.dfc91632550941c73840d73364d01ced.png

image.thumb.png.f27e89a9496773f2d6c4f491a2b4fe14.png

6 hours ago, y2guru said:

Very strange, it works for me every time, using both the latest forum build and my future build.

image.thumb.png.dfc91632550941c73840d73364d01ced.png

image.thumb.png.f27e89a9496773f2d6c4f491a2b4fe14.png

Strange. I'll try it with a fresh install of Launchbox/BigBox and see what happens. Does it matter which version Windows you're running? I'm using the 2020 version (updated) of Windows 10 Pro

Update: I just tried it with a new/fresh install of LaunchBox and the results were the same - stops at Nintendo 3DS

Edited by bundangdon

Hi, I'm having performance issue with my new theme that I'm building. It happens in game wheel view. The view has game video, box art and screenshot. At first the wheel works fine, but after I have scrolled through dozens of games the theme is slowing down. There is a huge lag when trying to navigate. This problem does not occur in BigBox default theme. When I close bigbox and start it again, the theme works fine, until I have scrolled through multiple games again. Could there be a memory leak or something? Don't know why it would slow downotherwise.

Using the latest build from LaunchBox and Community Theme Creator.

Edited by thimolor
30 minutes ago, thimolor said:

Hi, I'm having performance issue with my new theme that I'm building. It happens in game wheel view. The view has game video, box art and screenshot. At first the wheel works fine, but after I have scrolled through dozens of games the theme is slowing down. There is a huge lag when trying to navigate. This problem does not occur in BigBox default theme. When I close bigbox and start it again, the theme works fine, until I have scrolled through multiple games again. Could there be a memory leak or something? Don't know why it would slow downotherwise.

Using the latest build from LaunchBox and Community Theme Creator.

Please direct these performance issues to the big box team, the theme creator has not had any major changes since last year, big box has changed in the past 2 releases

• Thanks 1