LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.3.5

(5 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

The Community Theme Creator for BigBox is still in development and should be treated as an Alpha build, however it has enough features in place that would allow you to start building your own Themes.

(Please see Pyramids by @Rincewind)

As I have no documentation at this point, please visit my YouTube Channel as I demonstrate some of the various features.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCALHDoR8oQifl6sbIrdrW6w

Installation

1. Download .zip file

2. Unblock (right click on the .zip file, select properties and click on Unblock)

3. Unzip where ever you like

4. Go to the unzipped folder and go to folder ".Install these fonts first to allow the demo theme to load correctly in the editor"

5. Install the 2 fonts (these are only needed for the included Theme)

6. Click on the "COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox.exe"

7. Fill out the setup properties (userid / name and location of the BigBox.exe )

8. Enjoy!

FYI.  If you wish to design a Theme in either 4:3 or 16:9 or any other aspect ratio then simply change your windows desktop settings to the desired resolution and open the editor.

What's New in Version 1.0.3.5   See changelog

Released

Changed     Editor UI Element/Properties Panel to allow objects to be moved off screen check/uncheck Canvas Lock
Fixed           Editor, TextToScroll Property was always displayed
Added         Auto conversion of preference file data when Theme is selected.
Changed     Publish progress to appear in new application notification prompts
Reduced     Application size by removing unwanted resources
Fixed           Application to show main screen even when 0 platforms and 0 games exist in Launchbox data

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

14 minutes ago, faeran said:

Awesome work. Can't wait to see the animation editor.

Thank you sir! I can’t wait to finish it and play around with it myself

Share this comment

Skew and rotation?! Might not seem like a big deal to some, but this is huge in terms of theme/art creation. The possibilities keep expanding. Awesome implementation @y2guru :) 

This should be presented in one of ETAPRIME videos. I believe there are a lot of LB creative minds all around the globe that do not access the forums frequently and are not aware of this tool.

• Like 2

Share this comment

On 11/3/2019 at 5:08 AM, y2guru said:

Version 1.0.3.3 is now available.  

UI Elements can be skewed and rotated.

y2guru, I think you are making an amazing work for the community simplifying all the steps of the coding process for us, the newcomers.
Thank you so much.

Your tool is rather intuitive, but I'm having some problems trying to set up l the specific images that use every game, cause they doesn't match the names that use in Launchbox.
Do you have a list of the corresponding names for every image?
Is it possible that some of them are missing from the list?

Also, do you know how to fit a video in a cabinet overlay with an irregular display  using the skew and rotate functions? I can't perfectly adapt it because of the perspective...

20191110_115736.jpg

Share this comment

On 11/10/2019 at 5:03 AM, SoulKayin said:

y2guru, I think you are making an amazing work for the community simplifying all the steps of the coding process for us, the newcomers.
Thank you so much.

Your tool is rather intuitive, but I'm having some problems trying to set up l the specific images that use every game, cause they doesn't match the names that use in Launchbox.
Do you have a list of the corresponding names for every image?
Is it possible that some of them are missing from the list?

Also, do you know how to fit a video in a cabinet overlay with an irregular display  using the skew and rotate functions? I can't perfectly adapt it because of the perspective...

20191110_115736.jpg

You can send me a personal message with your response.  Images not matching, can you provide a screenshot example.

rotate & skew, yes I can send an example of how to do that

Share this comment

Edit: Not optimal, but I can use the program after clicking around the left side of the window and select a theme from the drop down list.

I've unblocked the zip and installed the fonts, but the program only shows a grey screen after putting in my information. I'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit and have a 1080p screen.

Edited by wantwon

Share this comment

Thanks for creating this. It's user friendly, and I will be able to create a vertical theme with no problem. I have to wrap my head around all the views...I'm coming from attract mode.

Share this comment

43 minutes ago, bionictoothpick said:

Thanks for creating this. It's user friendly, and I will be able to create a vertical theme with no problem. I have to wrap my head around all the views...I'm coming from attract mode.

Thanks a lot, just use the "Test" theme as a template (you can duplicate it from the main menu and give it your own name)  and then tweak the Themes to your taste

Share this comment

If I want to add an image with an offset of -1 or +1 with respect to the currently selected item... (preferably -x or + x) how do I do that?

Thanks.

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, bionictoothpick said:

If I want to add an image with an offset of -1 or +1 with respect to the currently selected item... (preferably -x or + x) how do I do that?

Thanks.

I’m afraid I do not understand your question or I can interpret in various ways, I’m thinking are you asking if you can add an image +5 points right of another element,  if so then no, at least not right now

Share this comment

The wheel shows the current game and others...for example the middle is the selection (or the one that would be selected if chosen)

Adventure

Bezerk

Castlevania

Offset -1 would be Adventure

Offset +1 would be Castlevania

Share this comment