Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.7.9

   (8 reviews)

About This File

The Community Theme Creator for BigBox is still in development and should be treated as an Alpha build, however it has enough features in place that would allow you to start building your own Themes.

(Please see Pyramids by @Rincewind)

 

As I have no documentation at this point, please visit my YouTube Channel as I demonstrate some of the various features.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCALHDoR8oQifl6sbIrdrW6w

 

Installation

1. Download .zip file

2. Unblock (right click on the .zip file, select properties and click on Unblock)

3. Unzip where ever you like

4. Go to the unzipped folder and go to folder ".Install these fonts first to allow the demo theme to load correctly in the editor"

5. Install the 2 fonts (these are only needed for the included Theme)

6. Click on the "COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox.exe"

7. Fill out the setup properties (userid / name and location of the BigBox.exe )

 

8. Enjoy!

 

FYI.  If you wish to design a Theme in either 4:3 or 16:9 or any other aspect ratio then simply change your windows desktop settings to the desired resolution and open the editor.

 


What's New in Version 1.0.7.9   See changelog

Released

Initial 1.0.7.9 had a bug, now fixed @21:06 CST

5/19/20 (1.0.7.9)

  • Fixed     Animation performance issue whilst selecting platforms/games when using published themes in BigBox (@Retro808, @JasonCarr)
  • Added     Remember the setting for "Render using database id" (@Mr.Retrolust)
  • Fixed     Custom Image Renderer - Platform categories/playlists were not rendering
  • Fixed     Automated Playlist video now display
  • Fixed     Animations for Playlists with 0 games, they were not triggered 
  • Added     GameDetailsNavigationInProgress animation trigger (@Faeran, @JasonCarr)
  • Added     Added spacing around the text in text list views (spacing scales based on users resolution)  @thimolor
  • Fixed     Notifications, not always moving in from the right
  • Added     3 additional Text List Styles
  • Fixed     Editor - Genre, Play Mode and Region. Text Format Property was not being displayed (@Faeran)
  • Fixed     Theme naming, "-" now allowed
  • Added     Skew properties to all wheels (@Faeran)
  • Fixed     Custom Image Viewer/Editor. No longer scaled, size is kept intact enabling templates to be shared.
  • Added     Aspect Ratio to Edit Theme Dialog (@Faeran)

Now includes 2 themes and custom images for you to play around with

1.0.7.9 Overview

 

Installation

** UNBLOCK the ZIP file before you UNZIP **  (right click on the downloaded zip and selection properties, then click on unblock)

If you have a Theme or Themes you are currently working on, simply drag the content of the Theme Preferences folder from your current build into this new build.

You can also drag the settings.txt from your current build into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox folder so you dont have to go through the setup

 

Transferring your existing work to the new version. Simply open both the new and old versions, open the old "My Theme Projects" folder and move the content to the new "My Theme Projects" folder

1413623239_Usingyourexistingworkinthenewversion.thumb.png.d2dcb2b248d13925937f61fce98c8833.png

Custom Images

I have included 1 Platform and 1 Game Custom Image template for you to experiment with.

The video below will go into the creation, rendering and how to use them with your theme in greater detail.

 

  • Like 20
  • Thanks 10
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 8



User Feedback

Recommended Comments



Hello , y2guru "I just finalized a theme and I do not understand why my wheels logo do not appear to the right, I tried to move, modify elements but nothing helps ... I thought of a cache memory problem also but even on a ssd I have the same problem on the "" Wheel2gamesview "view. Everything else works video, background, marquee I do not understand why ! you are my last resort! :) 

81481884_589496345222563_525861291617681408_o.jpg

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Check the z-order of your wheel, in the ui elements panel, simply drag it up higher in the list to bring it closer to the foreground

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Check the z-order of your wheel, in the ui elements panel, simply drag it up higher in the list to bring it closer to the foreground

It's good ! thx ! I was also a memory cache problem since before editing I didn't see my wheels, it's only after editing my theme that they appear in big box mode!I have the impression that the more the basic launchbox is loaded with media the more the elements take time to appear which would be logical

thanks sir! :)

vlcsnap-2019-12-30-17h34m09s583.thumb.png.fe0555eba353d897af5bd0dc511f5727.png

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 4:25 PM, bionictoothpick said:

Slow process for me, but trying to convert this attractmode theme to bigbox...Planned.thumb.png.95b0ae7287f25420337331ee65f4c035.png

Nevato Theme ? Good choise ! Good luck to you ! ;)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, y2guru, 

 

Can you add pinching in addition to the already provided skewing?

 

I'm trying to recreate a section of my theme from Nevato which uses it.

This is how it works in attractmode:

Just a recap of how skew, and pinching of an image currently works:
If skewing the y axis of an image, the right side of the image will move either move up or down.
If pinching the y axis of an image, the right side of the image will expand or contract.
 

Thanks,

 

BT

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy New Year everyone! latest video showing off the latest progress with Animation (storyboarding)

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simply amazing, can't wait for the new version. Thanks for all the work you've put into this, really appreciate it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man that is looking cool. Cant wait to see it all. I have so many ideas... Great job man, so glad you are making this for everyone. As you know, I absolutely love this!

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 1:44 PM, y2guru said:

Happy New Year everyone! latest video showing off the latest progress with Animation (storyboarding)

 

 

Great to see the updates! Keep up the good work!

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 6:37 PM, bionictoothpick said:

Hello, y2guru, 

 

Can you add pinching in addition to the already provided skewing?

 

I'm trying to recreate a section of my theme from Nevato which uses it.

This is how it works in attractmode:

Just a recap of how skew, and pinching of an image currently works:
If skewing the y axis of an image, the right side of the image will move either move up or down.
If pinching the y axis of an image, the right side of the image will expand or contract.
 

Thanks,

 

BT

I’ll circle back to this once I have completed the animation functionality 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello @y2guru thank you for all these improvements, I will still have fun experimenting with all of this.

I am trying to modify the view just before launching the game. Is that possible?

I can't find the name of the view thank you!

system.thumb.gif.f124f427c7bde65362e5a824aaee40d6.gif

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe that’s the game details view, if not I’ll figure out the view, yeah I should add it

  • Unusual Gem 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can I get subscribed so I know when this has been updated? Also, am I missing something to get a Wheel preview in the editor? I have an empty, dotted rectangle, and am trying to modify the properties to get a nice curve that I'm looking for, and I'd love a real-time preview. Right now, I mess with some stuff, publish, launch bigbox, check it, exit, mess with more stuff, etc. If there is no preview for the wheel, do you have a reference of what all the properties of a wheel do? What is rotation, vs curve amount, for instance? I want the thing to rotate left, but all i can get it to do is rotate right (there is no negative Rotation value allowed). Thanks, and kudos on a great piece of software for the community!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timbone316 said:

Can I get subscribed so I know when this has been updated? Also, am I missing something to get a Wheel preview in the editor? I have an empty, dotted rectangle, and am trying to modify the properties to get a nice curve that I'm looking for, and I'd love a real-time preview. Right now, I mess with some stuff, publish, launch bigbox, check it, exit, mess with more stuff, etc. If there is no preview for the wheel, do you have a reference of what all the properties of a wheel do? What is rotation, vs curve amount, for instance? I want the thing to rotate left, but all i can get it to do is rotate right (there is no negative Rotation value allowed). Thanks, and kudos on a great piece of software for the community!

Subscribed? yes you can subscribe to my YouTube channel.  no, you are not missing anything in regards to the wheel, there is no preview available as the wheel control is not mine.  If you look at my latest video I explain a little trick that overcomes this shortcoming. as far as references to what the properties do, that belongs to the bigbox documentation.  Ive tried to simplify the wheel setup process by providing the assist options and as there is no wheel assist for left rotation because the wheel does not support it.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Subscribed? yes you can subscribe to my YouTube channel.  no, you are not missing anything in regards to the wheel, there is no preview available as the wheel control is not mine.  If you look at my latest video I explain a little trick that overcomes this shortcoming. as far as references to what the properties do, that belongs to the bigbox documentation.  Ive tried to simplify the wheel setup process by providing the assist options and as there is no wheel assist for left rotation because the wheel does not support it.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Again, great job on the program itself, and I will keep in mind that the wheel should just be on the other side of the screen, and all my problems will be solved ;)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello @y2guru , is it possible already to integrate a kind of buttons which would allow the user to choose between the sound of the wheels or the ambient sound of an animated background? it would be great, the user could choose and switch to 2 types of atmospheres and it would save the creators of the themes from having to publish 2 different versions of themes. I know that currently it is possible to choose between the 2 but I did not find a possibility of being able to leave the choice to the users.
 

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

thank you , i cant wait to make my own bespoke theme.

 



is there any way i can preview my theme in the editor to see animation and other adjustments like your videos as my previews are statiic , and i have to publish and test in bigbox to get a jist of my edits?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, horse said:

thank you , i cant wait to make my own bespoke theme.

 



is there any way i can preview my theme in the editor to see animation and other adjustments like your videos as my previews are statiic , and i have to publish and test in bigbox to get a jist of my edits?

Storyboard animation? Animated gifs? What type of animation are you referring to?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Storyboard animation? Animated gifs? What type of animation are you referring to?

for example to navigate the big box theme i am building without having to launch bigbox, for example a play button to view how the theme will be utilised by bigbox, burrently i have to keep publishing then launch bigbox, am i doing something wrong?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...