Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

13 Screenshots

About This File

Here is my first theme. This theme was made almost entirely in @y2guru's theme creator tool that is my absolute favorite community addition. Very cool for people like me who love to design. Thank you for making this y2guru. My intention was to make a seamless theme that felt like a console but offered a very different feel than all the already existing and amazing themes found on this forum. I Hope you like it. Let me know if you need more logos but keep in mind i can only work on this once a week.

Credits:

Not sure where to start, I was mostly inspired by @viking and @Rincewind for their contributions and then i found the 'Community Theme Creator' made by @y2guru which changed everything. But most of all, credit should go to Launchbox itself and this entire community. I have used several things i found at this forum but most of this theme was made by me. If I have missed someone I am truly sorry and it was not intentional. Please let me know and I will of course edit this page. 

ALSO:

@Wanderer189 has made a huge contribution to this theme in the form of several downloadable add-on packs full of clear logos for each platform. These include literally thousands of logos made for each Genre, Playmode, ETC. This is an amazing thing and I thank you for your hard work Wanderer. You are awesome. If you would like to get these logos for your setup they can be found here:

What is this theme:

  • This is a video snap based BigBox theme. Heavily designed around the use and display of video snaps.
  • This theme has several views including one that offers a different look for each platform including handhelds.
  • There is a large amount of custom graphics and logos and images and icons etc. Hence the large file size.
  • Use the startup and pause themes to complete the seamless setup.
  • All icons including stars for 'consumer ratings' and 'ESRB rating' are custom and included in the theme file. Use them all you want.
  • I am using the nostalgia platform videos and these are perfect for this theme. I may make my own someday but for now these are Great.

Available Downloads:

  1. Retro Console Theme.zip - This is the entire theme including platform and platform device logos as well as all icons so you don't have to download them individually. This does not include device logos, startup video startup or pause themes, collection logos, etc.
  2. Retro Console Startup.zip - The startup and shutdown theme I made to match with this theme. (screens below)
  3. Retro Console Pause.zip - The pause theme I made also to match this theme. (screens below)
  4. Platform Clear Logos.zip - Included in the theme download but also here in case you just want them alone. These were made specifically for this theme and there are currently 194 logos.
  5. Platform Device Logos.zip - Also made for this theme for the platform view that uses device images. Currently 122 logos.
  6. Collection Device Logos.zip -  Made to match this theme for the platform view that uses device images for each collection i use. I can make more upon request.
  7. Collection Logos.zip - Same as the platform logos. Made to match so they can be used in this theme.
  8. Platform Categories.zip - A bunch of category logos also made to match this theme.
  9. Startup Video.zip - A startup video I made just to add to the overall completeness of the theme. Not at all necessary but here if you want it.
  10. Retro Console Sound Pack.zip - Again not required but here if you want it. This is what i use in the video below. Just unzip it to your launchbox sounds folder and then select it in BigBox.

Recommendations:

  • Set your Image priorities in Launchbox as follows - Cart Front ( add disc images to the list - this is used in many views in this theme)
  • Set your startup and shutdown time limits in launchbox settings. (mine are: startup=5 sec and shutdown=3.5 sec)
  • I designed this around the Nostalgia Platform Videos. You can use anything but those will fit and line up best.
  • This theme assumes an xbox controller setup: A=Select, B=Back, X=Search, Y=Game Details and Select Button=Change View (not  required)
  • I also set the left bumper to platforms and right bumper to platform categories. (not required but helpful)
  • Get as many Banner, Steam Banner and Marquee images as you can. This theme offers a unique view for all arcade cabinet based games and will use those images. There is also a custom view for systems like Windows that also use them.

Future Plans:

  • Create a new view that uses the original loading video from each console. (started on 1-3-2020)
  • Complete the white silhouette console and controller images that are used in the startup theme.
  • Add animations to the theme ( @y2guru is working on this ability for his theme creator as we speak and I will update once it is ready)
  • Make platform videos to match this theme (maybe)

How to Install:

  • Extract Retro Console Theme.zip to your launchbox themes folder. This includes all the platform and device logos you need and will automatically use them. ( In order to use other logos just delete the ones in this theme folder)
  • You can also use the startup and pause themes to add more of a consistent flow.
  • Drop the startup video (if you want it) in the launchbox videos root folder.

This theme currently has 80 different platforms and includes the matching device logos, collection logos, category logos and more but some of these have to be added manually through launchbox (sorry). I can not figure out how to make them automatic.

Startup Video:

Theme Video:

Screenshot System View:

Spoiler

SystemView.thumb.png.a21e20b5eff982a73f6758abafd10644.png

Screenshots of each Logo Type:

Spoiler

asterixandobelix.png.5cd6b4289534a5680f806b987e481cbd.png1065285340_PCGames.png.3c0771e677003840fe373f0bba847c99.pnggenres.thumb.png.b5bcd8b31e5a47fc0099a84f1b6d83ff.pngplat-cat-collections.thumb.png.fb7a4b004251321388661aa7be61b967.png1926529944_EmersonArcadia2001.thumb.png.ef60a09ac9b799461250ee5121bd8fc7.png918075804_PrinceofPersiaCollection.thumb.png.8e2136d428231d87b6e9fea633e340e4.png

Screenshots - Startup and Shutdown and Pause Theme:

Spoiler

1304301407_Screenshot-1_2_20201_19_19PM.thumb.png.aa45ff4bf34c9c210d1866f272de02b6.png172348581_Screenshot-1_2_20201_19_32PM.thumb.png.966579a698158891a0e39f76884cf7e7.png1531450924_Screenshot-1_2_20201_19_37PM.thumb.png.248d29f4254028e0731500619aae7216.png2023022183_Screenshot-1_2_20201_20_33PM.thumb.png.56d795fc5c6504441b0a3b6e6cbe64fb.png504140686_Screenshot-1_2_20201_20_47PM.thumb.png.f065167ced50819d3e7e2d9ae6627d88.png1641258962_Screenshot-1_2_20201_20_52PM.thumb.png.be8e4d30ab7edc861ca9a951efc34db8.png257889837_Screenshot-1_2_20201_08_16PM.thumb.png.a564dfff7b3a962ca6253d5ab77f4aef.png1019989212_Screenshot-1_2_20201_08_41PM.thumb.png.9e554b74aa3bd3ff1884f9c17ef2dcb1.png262229322_Screenshot-1_2_20201_15_00PM.thumb.png.4f98deeef95204f22e165d8dcd79b5ff.png515329873_Screenshot-1_2_20201_15_51PM.thumb.png.88928a9c2daf5c820d57de0db5ca7f60.png1781018514_Screenshot-1_2_20201_17_07PM.thumb.png.6ba7d134b8f7bfbf2571b2aba573cab5.png651130620_Screenshot-1_2_20201_17_55PM.thumb.png.29e8ace9499933516458677b10f90cc3.png1849729791_Screenshot-1_2_20201_18_48PM.thumb.png.9996db3bf0ab7cb6ecdb66df33b0be4b.png546501186_Screenshot-1_2_20201_18_55PM.thumb.png.447ad8b0bebbcb353b1830ef56194833.png

Screenshots - Random and Extra Stuff:

Spoiler

404007833_CollectionsView.thumb.png.0326a4388562a3c08e7644b54e0edbd3.png540692843_CategoryView.thumb.png.a87d4de4f96c18bfc6c05ffb79c52827.png436469419_CollectionsView(2).thumb.png.84cbb5a583b1f03a8e04ce158e43c9d8.png

Screenshots - Platforms Views:

Spoiler

TextFiltersViewPlatformWheel3FiltersViewPlatformWheel4FiltersViewPlatformWheel1FiltersViewPlatformWheel2FiltersView

Screenshots - Games Views:

Spoiler

WheelGamesViewCoverFlowGamesViewWheel2GamesViewWheel3GamesViewTextGamesViewHorizontalWheel3GamesView.thumb.png.1faff674e869aecf767d745686f3a753.png1679387362_Screenshot-1_5_202012_35_26PM.thumb.png.627086922d168270c00b2dd43dbfef8a.png860841273_Screenshot-1_5_202012_33_30PM.thumb.png.c016847829f8a4cf1ea7713578c44eaa.png

Screenshots - Other Views: (a few examples of the platform specific views)

Spoiler

Gameboy AdvancePinBall FX2Taito Type XVirtual BoyWindowsArcadePSPPopCap


What's New in Version 1.1.2   See changelog

Released

This is just an update with the following:

  • A bunch of new Platform logos for both device and regular
  • if you want these new logos just download the files:
    • Platform Clear Logos.zip
    • Platform Device Logos.zip

As requested by the community.

  • Like 13
  • Game On 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments



On 2/2/2020 at 4:52 PM, scooter1974 said:

@cemfundog I really like your theme, great job all around! I had some down time this weekend and noticed there were only a few collection wheels in the theme, so I made a bunch (some I use, some I don't use) There are 190 in the zip file. I hope you don't mind me sharing these here. They are all in the format of "collection name\clear logo\image.png" so they are just drag and drop into your playlists folder.

Retro Console Playlist Clear logo.zip 98.9 MB · 13 downloads

These are great (after I figured out how to use them haha), can you tell me what font you are using for like the "Action" one? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 4:41 PM, xman said:

Hi @cemfundog, would it be too much to ask to add or change the view on the NDS and 3DS to a view similar to the Game Gear?  I like the dark wheel on the right with the game info box on the left.  Loving the theme!

I bet I will get many requests similar to this but unfortunately that is a bigger job than it seems. I may have to make a custom version for that. I don’t know when I can do it though as I am very busy for the next few months. I will look at though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, normchomsky said:

Are there Platform Logos for, Konami e-AMUSEMENT, Namco ES3, Raw Thrills, Europa-R, Lindbergh and Naomi 2? I cant find them in the downloads or @scooter1974 playlist pack.

If not I can put them together quick.

I am unsure about those logos. If you don’t see them then they must not be in there at all. Shouldn’t be too hard to make those and I will be glad to do so, the more the better right. Give me a day or 2 and I will upload a new pack including those logos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cemfundog said:

I am unsure about those logos. If you don’t see them then they must not be in there at all. Shouldn’t be too hard to make those and I will be glad to do so, the more the better right. Give me a day or 2 and I will upload a new pack including those logos.

I don't believe they are in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

These are great (after I figured out how to use them haha), can you tell me what font you are using for like the "Action" one? 

I'm not sure of the font unfortunately. It was just an image I had from another set of wheels.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cemfundog said:

I bet I will get many requests similar to this but unfortunately that is a bigger job than it seems. I may have to make a custom version for that. I don’t know when I can do it though as I am very busy for the next few months. I will look at though.

No worries.  Whenever you get around to it since there are many views I can use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, scooter1974 said:

I'm not sure of the font unfortunately. It was just an image I had from another set of wheels.

Appreciate the reply. I found one that was pretty close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@cemfundogI have noticed the when I get to the Categories section of a system, it is playing random videos from all over the place. For example, in my Arcade section, if I hightlight 1st person shooters, it may be playing a video about horseshoes or educational. Or if I go into PC games and hightlight Racing, the video will be dinosaurs or pinball.

Is it something that I need to fix or something that needs to be changed in the theme?

I am doing TONS of clear logos and that is what brought it to my attention

Link to comment
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, cemfundog said:

I am unsure about those logos. If you don’t see them then they must not be in there at all. Shouldn’t be too hard to make those and I will be glad to do so, the more the better right. Give me a day or 2 and I will upload a new pack including those logos.

I can always help with any Photoshop stuff. Just holla.

Also which image folder displays the main board for Pinball FX platforms tables view? I have the Psudo-Scoreboard images in the 'game title' folder which is displaying on both the scoreboard and the main play board. 

TIA

Edited by normchomsky
Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

@cemfundogI have noticed the when I get to the Categories section of a system, it is playing random videos from all over the place. For example, in my Arcade section, if I hightlight 1st person shooters, it may be playing a video about horseshoes or educational. Or if I go into PC games and hightlight Racing, the video will be dinosaurs or pinball.

Is it something that I need to fix or something that needs to be changed in the theme?

I am doing TONS of clear logos and that is what brought it to my attention

This is not something I can control in the theme. It must be a LB setting. I am not noticing the same issue on mine so it must be correctable. but I am unsure of what to change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, normchomsky said:

I can always help with any Photoshop stuff. Just holla.

Also which image folder displays the main board for Pinball FX platforms tables view? I have the Psudo-Scoreboard images in the 'game title' folder which is displaying on both the scoreboard and the main play board. 

TIA

Sorry, i would need a screenshot to understand this one. But if i am correct, then you will need to get the pinball video snaps because that view requires them. Launchbox will automatically put an image in its place if it does not find the video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 12:21 PM, cemfundog said:

I bet I will get many requests similar to this but unfortunately that is a bigger job than it seems. I may have to make a custom version for that. I don’t know when I can do it though as I am very busy for the next few months. I will look at though.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:42 PM, xman said:

No worries.  Whenever you get around to it since there are many views I can use.

@cemfundog Sorry, I got a little impatient...lol...it is a big job.  I just took the GBA view and customized that for the NDS & 3DS views sifting through the code.  I think it looks pretty good.

 

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.12 - 21.18.35.91.png1391768213_DesktopScreenshot2020_02.12-22_58_56_06.thumb.png.0a40a5fd37b2135281870ece44a8ac4e.png

 

Edited by xman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xman said:

@cemfundog Sorry, I got a little impatient...lol...it is a big job.  I just took the GBA view and customized that for the NDS & 3DS views sifting through the code.  I think it looks pretty good.

 

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.12 - 21.18.35.91.png1391768213_DesktopScreenshot2020_02.12-22_58_56_06.thumb.png.0a40a5fd37b2135281870ece44a8ac4e.png

 

That looks great man. Really cool.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 8:09 PM, cemfundog said:

Sorry, i would need a screenshot to understand this one. But if i am correct, then you will need to get the pinball video snaps because that view requires them. Launchbox will automatically put an image in its place if it does not find the video.

Ah I see, didn't realize that there were top down videos of the table view. I have found the video snaps but unfortunately they are displaying horizontally. Is this an easy fix?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@cemfundog I sure hope you don't mind, but I love your theme so much that I started creating clear art for each genre/category in my large setup. I have been working on them for a few days with much more to do, but I would like to share them with anyone that is interested. Thanks to scooter for letting me use his stuff as well.

I added the systems to the ALL GAMES, and I am trying to add the actual system controllers to the # of players for a added touch.

Here is a couple screen shots of what they look like:

3qzahTu.jpg

dOvmHBS.jpg

KcICHvZ.jpg

h6hZtTY.jpg

 

This is going to be a huge collection by the time I finish. Let me know if it is cool with you.

If anyone knows how to do the video snaps for these using the template That JPGIII shared and has some extra time, your help would be much appreciated...

I would like to start uploading them maybe tomorrow. Maybe go system by system.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, normchomsky said:

Ah I see, didn't realize that there were top down videos of the table view. I have found the video snaps but unfortunately they are displaying horizontally. Is this an easy fix?

 

2 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

@cemfundog I sure hope you don't mind, but I love your theme so much that I started creating clear art for each genre/category in my large setup. I have been working on them for a few days with much more to do, but I would like to share them with anyone that is interested. Thanks to scooter for letting me use his stuff as well.

I added the systems to the ALL GAMES, and I am trying to add the actual system controllers to the # of players for a added touch.

Here is a couple screen shots of what they look like:

3qzahTu.jpg

dOvmHBS.jpg

KcICHvZ.jpg

h6hZtTY.jpg

 

This is going to be a huge collection by the time I finish. Let me know if it is cool with you.

If anyone knows how to do the video snaps for these using the template That JPGIII shared and has some extra time, your help would be much appreciated...

I would like to start uploading them maybe tomorrow. Maybe go system by system.

Wow man, this is an amazing contribution to this theme. I think it would be cool to add this and all other theme contributions to the downloadables on this page. If you would like i can upload them here when you are done and credit them to you as well as anyone else involved. That would make them easier for everyone to benefit from your efforts. Let me know what you think. I will make sure there is plenty of credit so everyone knows who did what. I love that you and everyone else have decided to contribute to this so I will do what I can. In fact I will upload the psd templates to help out later this weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, normchomsky said:

Ah I see, didn't realize that there were top down videos of the table view. I have found the video snaps but unfortunately they are displaying horizontally. Is this an easy fix?

That is so annoying. I have the video snaps and they are also horizontal so I flipped them in order to make them work in this theme. It is happening in the theme so it should be easy to offer an option. Give ma a day or two to figure out a solution. We must have different video snaps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cemfundog said:

 

Wow man, this is an amazing contribution to this theme. I think it would be cool to add this and all other theme contributions to the downloadables on this page. If you would like i can upload them here when you are done and credit them to you as well as anyone else involved. That would make them easier for everyone to benefit from your efforts. Let me know what you think. I will make sure there is plenty of credit so everyone knows who did what. I love that you and everyone else have decided to contribute to this so I will do what I can. In fact I will upload the psd templates to help out later this weekend.

I have got clear logos done for 1700 of my playlists so far, only about 1/2 way though. I'll get them to you somehow so you can add them as downloadable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

I have got clear logos done for 1700 of my playlists so far, only about 1/2 way though. I'll get them to you somehow so you can add them as downloadable. 

That is amazing man, thank you. Try sending them to me in a personal message via a zip file when ready and i will upload them ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 8:56 AM, normchomsky said:

Are there Platform Logos for, Konami e-AMUSEMENT, Namco ES3, Raw Thrills, Europa-R, Lindbergh and Naomi 2? I cant find them in the downloads or @scooter1974 playlist pack.

If not I can put them together quick.

Ok, I made each one of these for both the Platform Logos and Device logos. Enjoy! Just re-download both files from this page.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cemfundog said:

Ok, I made each one of these for both the Platform Logos and Device logos. Enjoy! Just re-download both files from this page.

Gentleman and a squire. Cheers mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 6:29 AM, cemfundog said:

That is amazing man, thank you. Try sending them to me in a personal message via a zip file when ready and i will upload them ASAP.

I tried messaging you a couple times yesterday. Not sure if I did it right, was just checking to see if they came through?

Edited by Wanderer189
Link to comment
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

I tried messaging you a couple times yesterday. Not sure if I did it right, was just checking to see if they came through?

Yep, I got them and the download seems fine. Out with family for the week though. I will get back to you by weeks end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...