LaunchBox Community Forums

14 Screenshots

About This File

WoodPanels has the old school retro feel of playing games on an old TV in a room with bad, green carpeting, but golden wooden paneled walls.  The video game console or platform appears above or beside the television to match that look and feel.  It is paired with a set of 8-bit fonts to complete the experience.

• Designed for 16:9 screens on a 1080p monitor (need feedback on different resolutions)
  • Platform navigation features device images for 40 platforms.
  • Games list view features device images for 40 platforms with support for game videos, game 3D/2D box art, game cart images (SNES, N64, Genesis, 32X, and Jaguar only).
  • Consoles are paired with one of four different TVs from the same decade they were released (70s, 80s, 90s, 00s)
  • "Wall View" for looking at game boxes on shelves is accompanied by the platform logo and image of the original console packaging.
  • WoodPanels Startup Video is here!
  • Alternate all-wood background available below, just unzip it under Launchbox/Themes/ and overwrite the default one.

Trailer:

Instructions:
1. Unzip in LaunchBox/Themes/WoodPanels. In BigBox under Options>Views>Theme> choose "WoodPanels"
2. To ensure you're viewing the image of the console and TV alongside the game list, go into the BigBox Menu (hit Esc on your keyboard or back on your controller) and select "View Platforms".
3. To view the carousel of devices in your platform view, go into Options>Views>Platform List View> and select "Platform Wheel 1".
4. Lastly, to make sure you keep this view the next time you start BigBox, go into Options>Views>Default Startup View> and select "Platforms".
5. For N64, SNES, Jaguar, Genesis, and Sega 32X, you need to download the game cart images AND you need to set your LaunchBox settings so your fallback images are disabled for this, otherwise when you have a missing game cart image it will pull something else and look...bad.  LaunchBox Options>Legacy>Images>Cart Front Priorities>Uncheck all but "Cart - Front"
6. To enable a the "Wall View", change BigBox Options>Views>Games List View>Wall View.  Switch it back to "Text List with Details" if you decide to go back.

To Do:

• Need to add MSX platform device image, gameslistview, box

• PS1 gameslist image missing power light
  • Super Nintendo gameslist image missing power light
  • Nintendo 64 gameslist image missing power light
  • Dreamcast gameslist image missing power light

• 3DO device image doesn't match gameslist or box images
  • Commodore Amiga device image doesn't match gameslist or box images
  • NeoGeo portable color device image doesn't match box or gamelist image

• Sega CD box doesn't match gameslist or device image
  • PS1 box image doesn't match gameslist image

What's New in Version 3.1.0   See changelog

Released

• Added Windows device art and platform view.
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Great stuff. I would echo what the review says with regards to adding additional backgrounds and screens according to taste. Keep up the good work and I look forward to what you do next.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I'm really digging the style and simplicity of this theme! However, it would be great if the box artwork were somehow incorporated into the games list layout. Otherwise, fantastic work!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Great theme !

I just change the background for something abstract, it makes the theme more in my taste!

I love it, thank you very much for your work :)

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, sqdz said:

Great theme !

I just change the background for something abstract, it makes the theme more in my taste!

I love it, thank you very much for your work :)

Thanks! And very cool - would love to see how you've customized it. 

Share this comment

On 2/11/2020 at 10:18 PM, bundangdon said:

I'm really digging the style and simplicity of this theme! However, it would be great if the box artwork were somehow incorporated into the games list layout. Otherwise, fantastic work!

Box art has been added to version 2.1.0 as requested

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, BMovieBen said:

Box art has been added to version 2.1.0 as requested

Great work! Thank you very much for the update

Share this comment

On 4/23/2020 at 8:55 PM, BMovieBen said:

Thanks! And very cool - would love to see how you've customized it. 

Hi ! Sorry for my late reply, well it's not a crazy custom.. because I just got an abstract background from Google image... It could be better, but I pretty like it like this :-)

list.jpg

main.jpg

• Unusual Gem 1

Share this comment

Hi everyone please fill out this brief survey which will help inform me of whether or not to include support for cart images (certain platforms only) in the next major version:

https://form.responster.com/4urxVf

Edit: Closed!  The people have spoken, and this has been done.  Please see the latest version.

Edited by BMovieBen

Share this comment

On 5/6/2020 at 12:17 AM, shinerlaaaa said:

Please add Sinclair ZX Spectrum in next update please :)

It is done!  Please see the latest version here. (it takes time to get approval through BigBox proper)

Share this comment

14 minutes ago, BMovieBen said:

It is done!  Please see the latest version here. (it takes time to get approval through BigBox proper)

your a superstar mate 😀

• Game On 1

Share this comment