LaunchBox Community Forums

18 Screenshots

About This File

AllNightLong is trying to be a clean simple theme with little animation and stuff going around.

Designed for 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3 screens.

Platform navigation features banner images for 52 different platforms. Includes default playlist image in the themes playlist folder.

Supported Views:

• Platform Wheel 1
  • Platform Wheel 2
  • Text Filters View
  • Text Games View
  • Horizontal Wheel 1 Games View
  • Horizontal Wheel 2 Games View  
  • Vertical Wheel 2 Games View
  • Vertical Wheel 2 Games View

Background color:

Change the background image/color. (LaunchBox\Themes\AllNightLong\Media\Custom Assets\).  The default background file name is "default-bg". So change the backgound file name to this and it will show up in the theme.

There are now 5 alternatives or you can make your own also. The only limiting factor is the text color, which will always be white, so white or very light backgrounds will not work.

Credits:

Theme was created by @thimolor
Theme was created using COMMUNITY Theme Creator by @y2guru 

Uses Google Fonts: Barlow and Barlow Condenced Designed by Jeremy Tribby.
Platform Text Filters View Screenshot uses video made by @viking as a platform background.
This theme uses some of the device images from EmulationStation theme Tronkyjared (https://github.com/cowboyjeeper/tronkyjared).
Many device images and system logos are taken from Wikipedia.

@Crylen did many new platform banners, that are now added to the theme.

Support:

Support will be slow, sorry for that. If you run into issues concerning the custom banner images, please refresh the images first. Also please check your LaunchBox image options for fallbacks. I could not test all the platforms so there could be file naming issues.

Special Thanks:

@bundangdon

@Retro808

@proghodet

@Tromzy

I received crucial feedback from these fine gamers. Without them, the theme would be less refined.

What's New in Version 1.31   See changelog

Released

- Changed Game Details View layout
- Platform Horizontal Wheel background images load faster
- Fixed few text overflows on 4:3 ratio

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This theme is amazing! I love the vibe and the clean look! Using it now.

I'm still missing some Platform banners. Is there any possibility of uploading the Photoshop files so we can create custom banners but using the same "dark blueish filter" to be in line with the rest?

I'm missing the below:

Pinball FX 3
Nintendo Switch
Sammy Atomiswave
Sega Hikaru
Sega Model 1
Sega Model 2
Sega Model 3
Sega Naomi
Adventure Games
Fujitsu FM Towns Marty

Great job! @thimolor

Beautiful and versatile theme! I really love it. Nice work @thimolor.

Care to share the source for the 80s neon category logos? I love them I would like to see if there are some more.

34 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Beautiful and versatile theme! I really love it. Nice work @thimolor.

Care to share the source for the 80s neon category logos? I love them I would like to see if there are some more.

Thanks and sorry. I bought those files and did not create them myself so I can't share them.

is there any way to stop the videos?

i want just to  have the big covers of the games, but it always switches to the videos after a couple of seconds.

also the new splitscreen view is really cool, but after a couple of seconds it gets overlayed by text. anyway to disable that?

thanks!

31 minutes ago, Codiox said:

is there any way to stop the videos?

i want just to  have the big covers of the games, but it always switches to the videos after a couple of seconds.

also the new splitscreen view is really cool, but after a couple of seconds it gets overlayed by text. anyway to disable that?

thanks!

Sorry, there is no way to make the theme customizable. The only way to make the changes you wish is to make your own version of the theme with the Community Creator Tool. I have uploaded the needed files for this.

22 hours ago, thimolor said:

Thanks and sorry. I bought those files and did not create them myself so I can't share them.

No problem :) Can you share the source from where you bought them?

2 hours ago, thimolor said:

Sorry, there is no way to make the theme customizable. The only way to make the changes you wish is to make your own version of the theme with the Community Creator Tool. I have uploaded the needed files for this.

yeah found them. Im already modifying your theme to my needs.

thank you!

• Game On 1
3 hours ago, thimolor said:

Can you share the transparent greenish smoky background image that you use in the banner creations? A download link would be great.
I know you shared the Photoshop template, which is awesome... but for some reason I can not find that greenish gradient background image. I use Gimp, so I may be having some issue when it imports.

1 hour ago, ItchyRobot said:

Can you share the transparent greenish smoky background image that you use in the banner creations? A download link would be great.
I know you shared the Photoshop template, which is awesome... but for some reason I can not find that greenish gradient background image. I use Gimp, so I may be having some issue when it imports.

Can you take a screenshot of the background you need? 

6 minutes ago, thimolor said:

Can you take a screenshot of the background you need? 

The best way to show it is to first show one of your banner images with the greenish smoke texture background ... here...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t_1MtWoNgrl_ulEEh5aDLNt2emjPO76S/view?usp=sharing

And here is one I made using your template, which does not have this image from what I can tell...see how the background is completly black, with no greenish smoke in the background?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HG-Bceo6-NuLyvCFvqqCmzkDfcSWzv_9/view?usp=sharing

13 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

The best way to show it is to first show one of your banner images with the greenish smoke texture background ... here...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t_1MtWoNgrl_ulEEh5aDLNt2emjPO76S/view?usp=sharing

And here is one I made using your template, which does not have this image from what I can tell...see how the background is completly black, with no greenish smoke in the background?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HG-Bceo6-NuLyvCFvqqCmzkDfcSWzv_9/view?usp=sharing

I will check this out tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Wally said:

great theme.

Why cant I update from within BigBox?

It says Latest Version is 1.25

I really don't know why. Maybe Jason is busy or there is something wrong with my update. The approval is still pending. I might make one more update in july to fix some more text issues concerning 4:3 ratio and add few more banner images

• Like 1
On 6/8/2020 at 10:11 PM, ItchyRobot said:

Hi again, and sorry for the late response. It seems you are missing all the photoshop effects... Here's a plain background that you can use. You would also need the effects for the device images to get the greenish glow. But at least you can get the banners to look almost the same. I'am going to make one more update in july, so if you are missing just a few banners, I can make them for you.allnightlong-device-background.thumb.jpg.cf0f0cb23542fbd05f0f1c3578f35896.jpg

This Theme is great! I really love it!

Any chance you could share it on github? 

Small request: any chance you could make modified version of this view?

image.thumb.png.8ff3b66bda451c79c47dfcc2820ebef9.pngIt would be cool if the video would be not covered by the description. I'd put the description underneath the title. I'd be happy to do this change myself if you'd be keen to share your project on github :)

2 minutes ago, Pamput said:

This Theme is great! I really love it!

Any chance you could share it on github? 

Small request: any chance you could make modified version of this view?

image.thumb.png.8ff3b66bda451c79c47dfcc2820ebef9.pngIt would be cool if the video would be not covered by the description. I'd put the description underneath the title. I'd be happy to do this change myself if you'd be keen to share your project on github :)

On 7/11/2020 at 1:52 AM, Wally said:

@Jason Carr Dear Jason, any reason that the update is still in version 1.25?

Thank you

Sorry for the delay; AllNightLong is now updated to the latest version in the Big Box Themes Manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the theme it's going to be my main theme for my retro rig i'm building over the winter months.

One small request, I appreciate that you did a Mega Drive banner for us, thank you! Was just wondering if there is a platform banner for PAL Super Nintendo?

On 11/7/2020 at 11:50 AM, Wol666 said:

Love the theme it's going to be my main theme for my retro rig i'm building over the winter months.

One small request, I appreciate that you did a Mega Drive banner for us, thank you! Was just wondering if there is a platform banner for PAL Super Nintendo?

pal-super-nintendo-entertainment-system.thumb.jpg.074c2e409e95ee3054f7ebb78aefdadf.jpgThanks and sorry for being late, but here you go, I don't know how to name the platform, so you need to change the file name yourself.

• Like 1

I created a Windows Platform Categories image and put it in \LaunchBox\Themes\AllNightLong\Images\Platform Categories\Device, but it still used the one from \LaunchBox\Themes\AllNightLong\Images\Platforms\Device.

Any way to make it use the 'Platform Categories' one so it matches the alignment the others?

I don't want to replace the one in 'Platforms' because it messes up the aligment of that view.

Windows.png

Edited by Dexll