Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOps Redux 1.0.5

   (3 reviews)

30 Screenshots

About This File

What is it?

CoinOps Redux is a port of CoinOps Next to BigBox, co-created with @Klopjero.

The theme has been developed using the Community Theme Creator (all the credit to @y2guru) and should display correctly in both 16:9 and 4:3 ratios.

As in the case of CoinOps, it relies on 1120x1080 fanart images for game wheel views.

Big thanks to BritneysPAIRS and the CoinOps team for their work in CoinOps and for their amazing theme design.

Views

It includes the following BigBox views:

- 4 platform views.

- 2 game wheels for arcade based systems.

- 2 game wheels for non-arcade based systems.

- 2 horizontal game wheels.

- Systems view.

Supporting more than 130 systems.

For platform views, we suggest to use @viking colorful videos.

Files available

[CoinOps Redux 1.0.zip] The BigBox theme files. Just uncompress and copy / paste to Launchbox\Themes folder. All platform background images are included in the file.

[Platforms] Sets of fanart images (1120x1080) for several platforms. If you want to use them, just unzip and copy / paste to Launchbox\Images\[Platform]\Fanart - Background.

* It is also possible to use the fanart packs uploaded by @RedSnake for his DarkRoom theme (or use these in DarkRoom).

Showcase

 


What's New in Version 1.0.5   See changelog

Released

Updated using the latest version of the theme creator, solving the freezing issue. Thanks to @y2guru for this.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments



On 12/25/2020 at 10:19 AM, CMOSS said:

4x3 version available. Check the post abov.

Enjoy!

Love it!  Applied the theme and it looks great.  Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, Very great work!  Is there any possiblity that you could provide us a community creator version of coinop redux? Mine reslotuion is 16: 10 and it sometimes get little weird. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MuffinXXL said:

Hi, Very great work!  Is there any possiblity that you could provide us a community creator version of coinop redux? Mine reslotuion is 16: 10 and it sometimes get little weird. Thanks!

We will, but once we port it to the version of the creator (that includes quite a lot of improvements) that will be released soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

We will, but once we port it to the version of the creator (that includes quite a lot of improvements) that will be released soon.

Thanks!!!! Looking Forward to it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great Theme, well done! Is there a way to edit so that the neon overlay is always on for the marquee, rather than pulsing? ive checked the xaml files and cant figure it out. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, joeyt9628 said:

Great Theme, well done! Is there a way to edit so that the neon overlay is always on for the marquee, rather than pulsing? ive checked the xaml files and cant figure it out. Thanks.

Thanks! I am not really sure what you mean. Can you send me a screenshot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Thanks! I am not really sure what you mean. Can you send me a screenshot?

sure...

While using the view that has arcade machine on the left, and games wheel on the right, the marquee changes to match the game, but it seems to randomly light up (pulsing).

i caught the 2 screens below, first one is while it was on, the second was while it was off. im hoping to have it on all the time as it makes the marquee look brighter.

656183223_withneon.thumb.PNG.1243aec439e97c355edc6d52cc75efeb.PNG471500384_noneon.thumb.PNG.62a9f16f0e59cc321ed94d80be04d87c.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, joeyt9628 said:

sure...

While using the view that has arcade machine on the left, and games wheel on the right, the marquee changes to match the game, but it seems to randomly light up (pulsing).

i caught the 2 screens below, first one is while it was on, the second was while it was off. im hoping to have it on all the time as it makes the marquee look brighter.

There you are, removing the animation for the neon for both arcade views. Just copy these files over to your "Launchbox/Themes/COINOPS REDUX/Views" folder.

Wheel2GamesView.xaml WheelGamesView.xaml

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the help! Bit of an issue when i add the attachments. Ive downloaded a fresh version of the theme (works well) when i add the 2 new files, i get the below.... any ideas please?

Edit - clearer screen shot attached. Also narrowed it to the "wheelgamesView.xaml"

Probably a separate issue but when i use this particular view from a newly downloaded theme and without changing anything, i select a platform,and then try to back out to the platforms screen, it seems to freeze the system, i then need to ctrl,alt,del (select task manager or cancel) then the system becomes responsive again... The default view does not exhibit this freeze issue :)

 

Capture11.PNG

Edited by joeyt9628
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, joeyt9628 said:

Thanks for the help! Bit of an issue when i add the attachments. Ive downloaded a fresh version of the theme (works well) when i add the 2 new files, i get the below.... any ideas please?

Edit - clearer screen shot attached. Also narrowed it to the "wheelgamesView.xaml"

Probably a separate issue but when i use this particular view from a newly downloaded theme and without changing anything, i select a platform,and then try to back out to the platforms screen, it seems to freeze the system, i then need to ctrl,alt,del (select task manager or cancel) then the system becomes responsive again...

 

Capture11.PNG

Try with these 2.

About the freezing... This seems to be an issue with the themes created with the community theme creator, or at least with some of them. We will post a new version of the theme, together with the community theme source files, once we port it to the yet unreleased version of the creator. It seems that the launchbox version 11.10 may fix the problem, though.

 

WheelGamesView.xaml Wheel2GamesView.xaml

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Try with these 2.

About the freezing... This seems to be an issue with the themes created with the community theme creator, or at least with some of them. We will post a new version of the theme, together with the community theme source files, once we port it to the yet unreleased version of the creator. It seems that the launchbox version 11.10 may fix the problem, though.

 

WheelGamesView.xaml 104.35 kB · 0 downloads Wheel2GamesView.xaml 131.24 kB · 0 downloads

an interesting read... not sure if i upgrade to the beta, i can roll back... can look that up ;)

in regards to the 2 new files... same issue unfortunately. Im going to download a new version of the theme and try an uninstall/reinstall from bigbox. i was previously just clearing the folder from the directory and then adding a new copy in with your files stored within...

Capture11.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, figured out how to get the animation to be static ? Haven’t got the file in front of me, but in a nutshell I removed a portion of the file and it remains static on now. Probably not the best solution, but it did the job for me.

Im still having some freezing issues (same as per the earlier link) when I try to back out to the platforms screen, I also transferred to a SSD just in case the HDD was causing some issues... anyways, will wait to see if a new release comes out for this theme as it’s my favorite.

Thanks again for the help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This theme is very cool!

I have two problem: is it possible remove the glowing animation in background? it's quite intensive in resources for an old pc.

Also, i put the fanart in the proper folder , but don't change the background when i select that game. I have to respect any kind of file syntax?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sath said:

I have two problem: is it possible remove the glowing animation in background? it's quite intensive in resources for an old pc.

Thanks! Just go to the Media/Assets folder of the theme and rename (or delete) the file vide-cover-overlay.mp4.

1 hour ago, Sath said:

Also, i put the fanart in the proper folder , but don't change the background when i select that game. I have to respect any kind of file syntax?

I am not sure I am following you with this. What do you mean by proper folder?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean in the correct folder. I add, for example, Aero Fighter to fanart background and Launchbox it found me correctly in Media - Images. But in BigBox when i select that game there is always the default background.

Also, for glowing marquee, as Joeyt9628, it would be nice remove that effect. But i get the same error if i use the modified views.xaml that you posted before.

Thanks in advance e congrats again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you check your image priorities in Launchbox (Options menu) and make sure that the Fanart - Background is checked as the first option for the Background priorities?

imagen.thumb.png.8353c9a48b2191ec0a4431df0b825369.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How can I change the Wheel2GamesView.xaml in such a way that it points to my own arcade cabinets?

My cabinet artwork is located in the default directory

LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Arcade - Cabinet\

I've downloaded all arcade cabinets from coinops Diamonds plus. (arcadecabinetscoinopsdiamonds.png)

So for the game 3 Count Bout I would expect to see the arcade cabinet in my uploaded attachment 3countb.png

I did try to change the xaml file myself by adding a binding to it and pointing it to ActiveGame.MarqueeImagePath but sadly without result.

To show how it needs to look i've hardcoded the 3countb in the xaml, but this ofcourse needs to go automatically and change the cabinet with each different game. (3countbout.png)

Any help would be much appreciated

 

 

Images - Arcade - ArcadeCabinet.PNG

XAMLwheel2gamesview.PNG

3countbout.PNG

arcadecabinetsCoinopsDiamonds.PNG

Wheel2GamesView.xaml

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I already have that view prepared for a future release of the theme.

I am attaching it here. It will probably not work out of the box as I have reorganised the assets in different folders (but maybe it gives you a hint on what you need to change to make it work). The cabinets should be placed on a folder called "Cabinets 1920x1080" and be named using the launchbox database id of the game.

Wheel2GamesView.xaml

Link to comment
Share on other sites

COOL!

Just what I was looking for ?
Many thanks!!! ??
I will have a look at at and hopefully I can change my theme with your attached xaml as a baseline. Fingers crossed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

I already have that view prepared for a future release of the theme.

 

I am attaching it here. It will probably not work out of the box as I have reorganised the assets in different folders (but maybe it gives you a hint on what you need to change to make it work). The cabinets should be placed on a folder called "Cabinets 1920x1080" and be named using the launchbox database id of the game.

Wheel2GamesView.xaml 128.82 kB · 2 downloads

I've looked at it.
Yes, I can get it to work like this.
However...how do I change over 1700 images from the name of the zip which Mame uses to the launchbox database id of the game?
How did you do that? Cause I assume you are using the same set of images as I am.
Those images all have the mame/zipname .png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, launchretrogirl2562 said:

I've looked at it.
Yes, I can get it to work like this.
However...how do I change over 1700 images from the name of the zip which Mame uses to the launchbox database id of the game?
How did you do that? Cause I assume you are using the same set of images as I am.
Those images all have the mame/zipname .png

You can edit the xaml to tell Launchbox to look for a file based on the rom of the game. Change LaunchBoxDbId for ApplicationFileNameWithoutExtension (I think this is the one).

<TextBlock x:Name="Image1imagepath" Visibility="Collapsed">
                    <TextBlock.Text>
                        <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource FileFallbackWithSearch}">
                            <Binding Path="." Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/CMOSS/Media/Cabinets 1920x1080"/>
                            <Binding Path="SelectedGame.LaunchBoxDbId"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/CMOSS/Media/ViewCabinets"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source="cabinet.png"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source=""/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source=".png"/>
                            <Binding Path="." Source="Exact"/>
                        </MultiBinding>
                    </TextBlock.Text>
                </TextBlock>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it works like a charm !!! ApplicationFileNameWithoutExtension was the one I needed indeed.

once again, many many thanks CMOSS!

I'll however still be on the lookout for an update on your theme ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2021 at 5:34 PM, CMOSS said:

Can you check your image priorities in Launchbox (Options menu) and make sure that the Fanart - Background is checked as the first option for the Background priorities?

Fixed, thanks!

This theme is by far the best for Arcade.

Is it possible, with a small edit of views file enlarge more the selected clear logo game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sath said:

This theme is by far the best for Arcade.

Is it possible, with a small edit of views file enlarge more the selected clear logo game?

Thanks!

Open the xaml code of the view you want and look for the wheel. Try playing around with the SeledtedItemZPosition value (in combination maybe with the CameraZPosition and the ItemZposition).

<!-- Wheel -->
            <Grid x:Name="Wheel" Visibility="Visible" Panel.ZIndex="75"  >
                <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                    <RowDefinition  Height="{Binding ElementName=Prop_Wheel_H, Path=Text}" />
                </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                    <ColumnDefinition Width="{Binding ElementName=Prop_Wheel_W, Path=Text}" />
                </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                
                <coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}"
                    Opacity="1.0" ImageType="Clear Logo" CurveAmount="-3.5" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6"
                    CameraZPosition="3" ItemZPosition="0.7" SelectedItemZPosition="1.5" Spacing="1" RotationAmount="2"  RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" >
                    <coverFlow:FlowControl.RenderTransform>
                        <TransformGroup>
                            <RotateTransform Angle="0" />
                            <ScaleTransform ScaleX="1" ScaleY="1" />
                            <SkewTransform  AngleX="0" AngleY="0" />
                        </TransformGroup>
                    </coverFlow:FlowControl.RenderTransform>
                    <coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
                        <DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="5" Color="Black" Direction="270" Opacity="0.7" ShadowDepth="{Binding ElementName=Prop_Wheel_EffectShadowDepth, Path=Text}" RenderingBias="Performance"  />
                    </coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
                </coverFlow:FlowControl>
                
               

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perfect. I found my nirvana with SelectedItemZPosition 2 and Spacing 1.5. Then, i have a "less dense" wheel more focused on the selected games that cover less the wonderful fanart bgs. i suggest to try it and consider to use it as default values. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...