Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Pulse 2.1.1

   (4 reviews)

21 Screenshots

About This File

Pulse is dark, responsive BigBox theme. No need for custom images. 125 device images and 135 cropped clear logos included. Views use: Clear logos, Videos, Fan art, Box Art, 3D Box Art and device images.

Made with: Community Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.8.99 by y2guru

Views included (Version 1.1):

  • System
  • HorizontalWheel1
  • HorizontalWheel2
  • HorizontalWheel3
  • PlatformWheel1
  • PlatformWheel2
  • PlatformWheel3
  • PlatformWheel4
  • TextFiltersView
  • TextGamesView

Views (Version 2.0)

  • GameDetailsView
  • HorizontalWheel1GamesView
  • HorizontalWheel2GamesView
  • HorizontalWheel3GamesView
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView (Viking's Colorful platform videos are recommended)
  • PlatformWheel3FiltersView
  • SystemView
  • TextFiltersView
  • TextGamesView
  • TextListView
  • WallGamesView
  • Wall2GamesView (If you want this to look good please remove all the title screenshots from games)

 

Fonts included: 

  • BarlowSemiCondensed-ExtraBold
  • BarlowSemiCondensed-Medium
  • BarlowSemiCondensed-Regular

Barlow Semi Condensed - Google Fonts

Remember to refresh wheel images from BigBox options AND INSTALL THE FONTS! :)

Special Thanks to @Dan Patrick  and @bundangdon who helped me a lot with useful feedback. Dan also provided some icons and clear logos. There were others who gave me feedback, so thank you all for your help.

Screenshots and video preview uses videos and images made by others, including platform videos by @viking

Not taking any requests for missing assets.

Video Preview

Version 2.0

 

 

Version 1.1

 

Edited by Juketsu


What's New in Version 2.1.1   See changelog

Released

Fixed TextFiltersView video for not showing. (Video height was set to autosize and this made the video height 0 px).

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments



Great work once again! It was truly an honor to help out while testing this theme in recent months and congratulations on putting out another excellent theme!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow probably the best theme available, really well done. The only thing not working for me for some reason is i have no details of the games? I might reinstall everything and see what happens but really great thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mat03111984 said:

Wow probably the best theme available, really well done. The only thing not working for me for some reason is i have no details of the games? I might reinstall everything and see what happens but really great thanks

Thanks. Can you send me a screenshot. I want to eliminate all the bugs as soon as possible. You can also try to compile the theme yourself if the problem does not go away: Pulse Community Theme Creator Files - Big Box Custom Themes - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com) 

Edited by thimolor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just added a review. Awesome theme! One tiny thing I noticed is that the Capcom playlists logo is cut off a bit on the edges. I gave you these logos so that may have been my bad. Anyway, I attached those capcom logos without the edges cut. Also, yes I will be releasing my logos soon as it's own separate download on the forums here. I'm still wrapping up and double checking them.

Capcom Logos.zip

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for this beautiful theme @thimolor !!
The idea of having a theme with images pack is fantastic!
You just need to be careful with their quality and resolution.

Could you create logos and banners for Playlists, Collections and Favorites?

Edited by soqueroeu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

Thank you for this beautiful theme @thimolor !!
The idea of having a theme with images pack is fantastic!
You just need to be careful with their quality and resolution.

Could you create logos and banners for Playlists, Collections and Favorites?

Thanks! The idea was to make a theme where you could use the included image sets, or just download/make one yourself. There should be no need for me to make image packs anymore and frankly, I don't want to do those, because I dont' need them myself :) The device images are quite small in size but this was for performance reasons. I tried bigger ones, but noticed slowdowns while scrolling through platforms. I wanted this theme to work on lower spec machines also.

There should be lot's of different logo and device images made by other community members, just download those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Dan Patrick said:

Just added a review. Awesome theme! One tiny thing I noticed is that the Capcom playlists logo is cut off a bit on the edges. I gave you these logos so that may have been my bad. Anyway, I attached those capcom logos without the edges cut. Also, yes I will be releasing my logos soon as it's own separate download on the forums here. I'm still wrapping up and double checking them.

Capcom Logos.zip 1010.28 kB · 2 downloads

Marvellous Dan! Just like I imagined this to work. I can make the layouts, and others can contribute by making device images, fan art and logos (Not so keen on those myself.)

  • Game On 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will fix the Capcom logos and few others I have found. Going to slightly tweak few of the views also.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for this awesome theme @Juketsu!  I really enjoy the darkness of the theme and how clean it looks.  I've been obsessed with the wall view from @faeran's "The POC" theme, so I attempted to port that view into here.  Let me know what you think! 

I am happy to share the files with anyone who is interested after I get permission from both authors. I do not want to take any credit for their hard work.

Pulse Wall View.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, athanatos875 said:

Thank you for this awesome theme @Juketsu!  I really enjoy the darkness of the theme and how clean it looks.  I've been obsessed with the wall view from @faeran's "The POC" theme, so I attempted to port that view into here.  Let me know what you think! 

I am happy to share the files with anyone who is interested after I get permission from both authors. I do not want to take any credit for their hard work.

Pulse Wall View.jpg

Nice job! Thanks for sharing this and glad you like the theme.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you both @Juketsu and @faeran for letting me share the files.  I have attached the zip file with the wall view to this post.  All you have to do is extract it over your existing Pulse directory (override when it prompts you to do so).  I had to lock it in 16x9 aspect ratio as the wall view doesn't work well in a stretch or 4x3 format.

Enjoy!

Edit: Updated version (v1.1) with support for additional languages.

Second Edit: Updated version (v1.2) with second wall view from The POC Theme.

 

 

Pulse Wall View v1.2.zip

Pulse Wall View.jpg

Pulse Wall View 2.png

Edited by athanatos875
  • Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, theme seems really nice, just curious is there a edit I can make that would minimise the time it displays the still image before the video preview when scrolling in the game list view, or is that kind of edit fairly complicated to make?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2021 at 6:27 PM, athanatos875 said:

Thank you both @Juketsu and @faeran for letting me share the files.  I have attached the zip file with the wall view to this post.  All you have to do is extract it over your existing Pulse directory (override when it prompts you to do so).  I had to lock it in 16x9 aspect ratio as the wall view doesn't work well in a stretch or 4x3 format.

Enjoy!

Pulse Wall View.zip 144.13 kB · 3 downloads

Hi, friend!
Many thanks for your work!

I liked the way it looks, but, for some reason it isn't working for my display.
It is 16:10, and I'm using Spanish as BigBox language. 

All I get is a huge background image, trimmed and located to the left.
Also, the right area, where previews and game info had to be shown, all I got is a blank space.
There isn't any text shown anywhere.

Is there any way I could fix this?

Thank in advance

003 (fail).jpg

 

 

Edited by KaaMoS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2021 at 5:38 PM, knapman said:

Hi, theme seems really nice, just curious is there a edit I can make that would minimise the time it displays the still image before the video preview when scrolling in the game list view, or is that kind of edit fairly complicated to make?

I haven't dug through the community files deeply but I'm pretty positive that adjusting that time is pretty simple. That screenshot image has an animation of when it will disappear as well as an animation for when the video will appear. So just highlight the image in the editor on the view your talking about and look at the bottom of the tools in the animation settings and edit the time and do the same for the video. Hopefully that makes sense.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, KaaMoS said:

Hi, friend!
Many thanks for your work!

I liked the way it looks, but, for some reason it isn't working for my display.
It is 16:10, and I'm using Spanish as BigBox language. 

All I get is a huge background image, trimmed and located to the left.
Also, the right area, where previews and game info had to be shown, all I got is a blank space.
There isn't any text shown anywhere.

Is there any way I could fix this?

Thank in advance

 

 

 

Hi KaaMoS!

Sorry the mod does not work for you.  I believe it has something to do with the BigBox being set to use Spanish as it's main language.  I tested it on my side, and I cannot get the view to load (only a black screen) when I use Spanish as my default language. 

Can you test two things for me:

  • Download The POC theme and see if it works for you while using Spanish as your default language.
  • Switch your default language in Launchbox to English and see Pulse (with my mod) will show the view correctly

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, athanatos875 said:

Hi KaaMoS!

Sorry the mod does not work for you.  I believe it has something to do with the BigBox being set to use Spanish as it's main language.  I tested it on my side, and I cannot get the view to load (only a black screen) when I use Spanish as my default language. 

Can you test two things for me:

  • Download The POC theme and see if it works for you while using Spanish as your default language.
  • Switch your default language in Launchbox to English and see Pulse (with my mod) will show the view correctly

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply, my friend :)
Yes, in fact that's why I directly pointed the fact that I use Spanish as main language. 


I remember that first themes which were built for BigBox 11.10 had this exactly same problem at first if user had other language set as main, istead of English. If I'm not worng, The POC theme was one of them, but it is now fixed. just tried and WallView looks as it should,

Just in case, look what happen if I choose English for BigBox. I hope you, or any partner around here could guide me to solve this.
I'm sure I'll have to edit a line somewhere, being inside WallView file or, perhaps somethwere at library files:

003 BB English (works).jpg

Edited by KaaMoS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, KaaMoS said:

Thanks for your reply, my friend :)

Yes, in fact that's why I directly pointed the fact that I use Spanish as main language.
I remenber that first themes which were built for BigBox 11.10 had this exactly problem at first.

Just in case, look what happen if I choose English for BigBox. I hope you, or any partner around here could guide me to solve this.

I'm sure I'll have to edit a line somewhere, being inside view file or, perhaps somethwere at library files:

003 BB English (works).jpg

You are welcome for the reply!

I found out what the issue was!  I have updated my post with the files above with the new version.  Please give it a try and let me know if that works for you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2021 at 9:05 AM, athanatos875 said:

Thank you for this awesome theme @Juketsu!  I really enjoy the darkness of the theme and how clean it looks.  I've been obsessed with the wall view from @faeran's "The POC" theme, so I attempted to port that view into here.  Let me know what you think! 

I am happy to share the files with anyone who is interested after I get permission from both authors. I do not want to take any credit for their hard work.

Pulse Wall View.jpg

@athanatos875 I haven't tried this theme yet, but this screenshot looks great!!

Would it be possible to get a version similar to "Wall View 2" in POC? In the wall grid, it displays the screenshot overlaid with the clear logo, rather than the box art:

image.thumb.png.c52a8de408bd0263f5656cafdded0ebb.png

In the case of this theme, you could probably just swap the positions of the box art and screenshot (screenshot in the grid, box art at the bottom right) and add the clear logo on top of the screenshot (maybe as an option that people could turn off if they didn't like it, for example if they're using the title screen screenshots rather than gameplay screenshots).

@Juketsu would you consider adding these wall views to the theme? The original post does say "Wall views are coming later" :)

Edited by Daniel15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Daniel15 said:

I haven't tried this theme yet, but this screenshot looks great!!

Would it be possible to get a version similar to "Wall View 2" in POC? In the wall grid, it displays the screenshot overlaid with the clear logo, rather than the box art:

image.thumb.png.c52a8de408bd0263f5656cafdded0ebb.png

In the case of this theme, you could probably just swap the positions of the box art and screenshot (screenshot in the grid, box art at the bottom right) and add the clear logo on top of the screenshot (maybe as an option that people could turn off if they didn't like it, for example if they're using the title screen screenshots rather than gameplay screenshots).

@Juketsu would you consider adding these wall views to the theme? The original post does say "Wall views are coming later" :)

When the new Community Creator Tool is published, I will do the wall views and tweak the others too. Until then you will just have to manage without or use POC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Daniel15.  Thank you for the kind words on the screenshot.  I was able to port the second wall view from The POC theme into Pulse with minor adjustments.  The result is in the screenshot in my post earlier (with the included mod files), and it behaves exactly like The POC theme.  I updated my mod file in my earlier post with this view included.  I didn't do much testing on the second view, so no guarantees that it works 100%.

@Juketsu I can't wait to see what your wall views will look like once the Community Creator Tool is published!

 

Edited by athanatos875
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...