LaunchBox Community Forums

2 Screenshots

About This File

Simple Plugin to automate download videos from youtube.

Requirements: Launchbox 8.2+

Install: Extract the content of zip file to : Launchbox/plugins/YoutubeScraper

Source codeGithub (feel free to make a pull request )

EDIT

If you have trouble running the plugin and crashing due CAS error, please right click on the DLL's , properties and then unblock.

unblock.thumb.png.a607d0dfe4f8965625bc1da050b59e0d.png

There's two options:

URL Scraper: Just paste entire youtube URL from the desired video

1CuJ5BzV8J.thumb.gif.60a9b4e28418c589d046deed337227a7.gif

One-click downloader: It will search automatically and download the first entry from youtube. Bulk Download supported!

64prJ3fhsv.thumb.gif.0de5d3e8b3b00ade12a5a5f1f889a38a.gif

What's New in Version 0.1.9   See changelog

Released

Update:

A year has passed since I updated this thing, a lot of stuff has changed on the youtube framework side, please I did this in 5min and barely tested, let me see how it goes.

Sorry for the time that I could update this but Im really really busy at work :(

NOTE: REMOVE ALL FILES OF YOUR YOUTUBE PLUGIN FOLDER BEFORE COPYING THIS OVER.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I updated Youtube Scraper but it won't load LB and I don't get the option to Unblock the DLL it in Properties. I'm on a Windows 10 x64 with latest OS updates as of 10/2020. Any suggestions? 

2020-10-02_142945.jpg

2020-10-02_143014.jpg

Share this comment

39 minutes ago, Gamer said:

I updated Youtube Scraper but it won't load LB and I don't get the option to Unblock the DLL it in Properties. I'm on a Windows 10 x64 with latest OS updates as of 10/2020. Any suggestions? 

2020-10-02_142945.jpg

2020-10-02_143014.jpg

Try to delete this dll, it should not be there.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I just tried version 0.1.9 and when I right-click on the game the options for youtube scraper are not there. 😢

Share this comment

On 10/9/2020 at 12:43 AM, Zoratsu said:

I just tried version 0.1.9 and when I right-click on the game the options for youtube scraper are not there. 😢

I'm having the same problem. I deleted the old files, extracted the contents of the zip file to the folder. Made sure that the dll files didn't need to be unblocked (the option wasn't there). Loaded up Launch Box, and when I right click on a game, the option for YouTube Scraper isn't there. Even tried deleting the entire folder & remaking it, just to make sure I didn't do something wrong. 

Did you happen to get it working, Zoratsu? Anyone have any ideas? This is one of the most handy plugins, so I want to see if I can get it working.

Share this comment

On 10/31/2020 at 3:29 PM, PurpleTentacle said:

I'm having the same problem. I deleted the old files, extracted the contents of the zip file to the folder. Made sure that the dll files didn't need to be unblocked (the option wasn't there). Loaded up Launch Box, and when I right click on a game, the option for YouTube Scraper isn't there. Even tried deleting the entire folder & remaking it, just to make sure I didn't do something wrong. 

Did you happen to get it working, Zoratsu? Anyone have any ideas? This is one of the most handy plugins, so I want to see if I can get it working.

sadly, no.  I'm still having the same issues as before even after installing launchbox 11.7 as well.

Share this comment

48 minutes ago, Zoratsu said:

sadly, no.  I'm still having the same issues as before even after installing launchbox 11.7 as well.

Dang, well, I'll let you know if I get it working. Hopefully someone will figure out what the issue is. 

Share this comment