LaunchBox Community Forums

5 Screenshots

About This File

Overview

Find Images on the web associated with your Platform and Game combo from AOL, Google, Bing, PicSearch and Yahoo

Instructions
Unzip ImageSearch and keep the folder ImageSearch and move this to your plugins folder in LaunchBox. 

What it does

Adds Image Search to game detail in BigBox

Adds Image Search to the game context menu in LaunchBox
Adds an Image Search Configuration to Tools in LaunchBox

How it Works

Select a game from within LaunchBox and right click to bring up your context menu.  choose Image Search and your default browser will display the images from AOL, Google, Bing, PicSearch and Yahoo.
Find an image you like and then copy the URL and Paste it in the download form that has also opened and paste the URL.  Click download to save your file.   The file will be the renamed to the selected 
Title and save in the  Plugin/ImageSearch/downloads folder.   

In BigBox make sure you have the details screen turned on. select a game and in the details screen choose Image Search and your default browser will display the images from AOL, Google, Bing, PicSearch and Yahoo. Find an image you like and then copy the URL and Paste it in the download form that has also opened and paste the URL.  Click download to save your file.   The file will be the renamed to the selected 
Title and save in the  Plugin/ImageSearch/downloads folder.   

Under tools in LaunchBox only you can access the Image Search Configuration. Here you can make various changes

1.  Choose if you want to display this in LaunchBox or BigBox
2.  Select which Search engines you like to use
3.  Change the default path of your Downloaded images.

*note if you are using this in BigBox unhide the mouse pointer.

What's New in Version 2.0.0.0   See changelog

Released

*** About This File ***
Image Search Version 2.0.0.0
Created  (c) 2017 by NJDave71

* Requires LaunchBox 7.11 Beta 1 or higher

------------------
  Overview
-------------------

Find Images on the web associated with your Platform and Game combo from various search engine databases

-------------------
  Instructions
-------------------

Unzip ImageSearch and keep the folder ImageSearch and move this to your plugins folder in LaunchBox. 

-------------------
  What it does
-------------------

Adds Image Search to game detail in BigBox
Adds Image Search to the game context menu in LaunchBox
Adds an Image Search Configuration to Tools in LaunchBox

-------------------
  Gettign Started
-------------------

Under the tools menu in LaunchBox only you can access the Image Search Configuration.
The Image Search Configuration allows you to select or unselect search engines, setup up your default path for downloading images from the web and choose custom Sites or domains to search
Click Save to lock in changes and then Close.

Select a game from within LaunchBox and right click to bring up your context menu.  Select Image Search now your default browser will display the images from search engine(s) you selected.
Find an image you like and copy the URL and Paste it in the download form that has also opened.  Click download to save your file.   The file will be the renamed to the selected 
Title and save in the Plugin/ImageSearch/downloads or the folder you choose.   if image exists with the same name an incremental number will be added to the file.

In BigBox make sure you have the details screen turned on. Select Image Search now your default browser will display the images from search engine(s) you selected.
Find an image you like and copy the URL and Paste it in the download form that has also opened.  Click download to save your file.   The file will be the renamed to the selected 
Title and save in the Plugin/ImageSearch/downloads or the folder you choose.   if image exists with the same name an incremental number will be added to the file.

*note if you are using this in BigBox unhide the mouse pointer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for your suggestion I like the idea of allowing custom URLS.  My goal was to return images only from various site databases.  I will see if this can be accomplished using the site keyword.  

Share this comment

Hey there! This is a great plug-in! One feature that would be nice is to be able to add in a custom url for the plugin to download the image from and enter it into the games image metadata, similar to the Youtube Scrapper plug in. That way when you find the perfect image you'd right click, copy link, and then enter it into the system easily.

Share this comment

For now please close the download form before each new search.  I am still working on enhancing this plugin.   I am testing Site searches with Google to make sure that only return images as well with downloading directly to LB Image folder.  I wasn't planing to have this download to LB but I have been getting requests so i am trying to return the favor.

Thank you. 

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, wirtual82 said:

Indeed, this plugin is very, very helpful, I must say. And custom urls (even with google "site" command) would be  just wonderful. 

I go the custom Site to work.  I just need to add the logic and test.  Also I need fix the download form bug where it creates multiple instances.   finally i want each game to save to a platform folder and add a counter to the root of the file (pacman_05.png) the number should be the next in the sequence of your collection.   If time allows i will see if i can get this out for the end of the weekend.

Thank you for your feedback and i am glad you are enjoying this plugin.

Share this comment

I complied this this plugin using Launchbox Beta 7.11.1   Please update to the latest beta and see if that resolves your error otherwise I will see what i can do to get it to work under 7.10.  

The Custom Search only requires the url that you want to limit your image search to.   I used mobygames.com as an example  and Google returned images from that site.

This plugin was designed to return mage searches only.  If the demand is there i can an option that will open searches up to return everything related to the Platform and Game

I am not employed by Unbroken Software.  I am Just a member of the community trying to give back and provide a tool to help enhance the user experience.

Thanks for your suggestions as always.

Edited by NJDave71

Share this comment

Glad the error is resolved.

The custom site search is using exact phrase.   The only other option is contains which would give more results but you may get unrelated items since I am only using the game title. I can look to change that programmatically.

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Machello said:

Great Plugin Mr. Dave :-). Extremely usefull for completing my collection. Thanks!

Thank you for the complement and I am glad it helps. 

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, NJDave71 said:

Thank you for the complement and I am glad it helps. 

Plugins like this really make my day. Makes me happy :-).

Share this comment