LaunchBox Community Forums

PLAYLISTS for many Platforms 1.0.0

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

From my experience LaunchBox does not mind Playlists being added that contain game names that are not in your library, It will simply ignore games that are in the XML but are not contained in you library. This seems to also apply to Arcade Games Added as MAME games, LaunchBox simply reads the Launchbox Database ID number of the game in the XML and automatically knows where the game belongs. If you find Bigbox runs slow after adding these playlists it is probably due to having a much smaller library than is contained in the XMLs Simply open launchBox and edit the playlist select the "games" tab and scroll to the bottom and there will be a list of missing games, simply delete these, holding down the delete key and restart LaunchBox. 
UPDATE: Added RUN & GUN Genre Playlist for all systems. Also tidied up some of the other playlists.
UPDATE: MOTOR games added this has the same contents as the DRIVING games xml.
I have full Hyperlist collections of games for a lot of  Consoles and Handhelds and I have made "Genre Playlists" for EVERY single game in my library with one XML playlist for each Genre. The systems Included are:

- Arcade/Mame from 1987 to present.
- Sony PlayStation 2, Sony PlayStation 1, Sony PlayStation Portable, Sony PlayStation Portable Minis,
- Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Super Famicom, Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo Disk System, Nintendo Famicom, Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameBoy.
- Sega Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Sega Mega Drive (Europe), Sega Mega Drive (Japan),  Sega Genesis (USA), Sega CD (USA), Sega Mega CD (Europe), Sega 32X, Sega Master System, Sega Mark III, Sega SG-1000, Sega Game Gear.
- Atari Jaguar, Atari 7800, Atari Lynx
- NEC Turbo Grafx, NEC Turbo Grafx CD, NEC PC-FX
- SNK Neo Geo AES, SNK NEO GEO CD, SNK Neo Geo Pocket
- Commodore Amiga CD32
- Panasonic 3DO
- Amstrad GX 4000
-Bandai Wonderswan, Bandai Wonderswan Color

I have also made "Intro Videos" for each Genre. They can be downloaded here along with the logos: 

I have split the full collections of these games into the following "Genre Playlists":

- Fighting Games
- Shoot Em' Ups
- Light Gun Games
- Beat Em' Ups
- Run & Gun Games
- Shooter Games
- Sports Games
- Racing Games/Motor games
- Rhythm Games
- Horror Games
- Flying Games
- Platform Games
- Puzzle Games
- Role Playing Games
- Strategy Games
- All Games 
- Board Games & Card Games

I am very strict on what game goes into what category, for example wrestling and boxing games I put into the Sports category instead of the Fighters category. Horror is just there for fun, It only contains some games that I like so only add if that category interests you. I know their might be the odd mistake here and there but organizing all these games took a lllllllong time so the odd mistake was bound to happen either way its a good starting point.
Anyway to anyone who finds these useful, enjoy!
If you find my work of use could you please consider donating to my Patreon found here: https://www.patreon.com/RobinLevingstone

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

smallmetalgryphon

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

These are so great! Thank you so much for your work and sharing with the community! Having a blast just looking through these.

• Like 1
Link to review