LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia |4:3 | video additions Set 1.34.0

(0 reviews)

75 Screenshots

About This File

These videos are created in the 'Nostalgia' style originally created by @viking. I created these to fill some gaps in my collection. Let me know if you have any questions, or concerns.

What's New in Version 1.34.0   See changelog

Released

Latest change:

Added "Arcade genre/playlist" themed videos per request (2-Player, 4-Player, Ball & Paddle, Beat Em Ups, Board & Card, Fighting, Flying, Light Gun, Maze, MultiGames, Pinball Arcade, Platform, Puzzle, Racing, Run & Gun, Shoot Em Ups, Shooter, Sports).

The following is a list all the included videos in this section.

Aiwa Mega CD
Applied Technology MicroBee
Atari Classics
Banpresto Cab
Capcom 68000
Comics
Commodore Amiga 500
Commodore Amiga 600
Gaelco Cab
Genesis Tectoy
Genres no Hardware
Genres with Hardware
Hacks
Handheld LCD
HBMame Cab
Java apps (phone motif)
Konami Bubble
Konamie e-Amusement
Locomalito
Magazines cab
Magazines shelf
Master System Tectoy
Namco System ES3
NEC TurboExpress
Nintendo 64 (Japan)
Nintendo Game & Watch (alternate)
Nintendo Switch
Pacmame
Phillips P2000T
Pinball FX3 Table
Playlists for arcade genres - 2-Player, 4-Player, Ball & Paddle, Beat Em Ups, Board & Card, Fighting, Flying, Light Gun, Maze, MultiGames, Pinball Arcade, Platform, Puzzle, Racing, Run & Gun, Shoot Em Ups, Shooter, Sports
Playlists no Hardware
Playlists with Hardware
Polygame Classics
Popcap
Sammy, Seta, Visco (SSV) Cab
Sega Europa-R
Sega Genesis CD w/32X
Sega Lindbergh
Sega Mega CD
Sega Naomi GD-ROM
Sega Naomi 2 GD-ROM
Sega Ringedge
Sega Ringwide
Sega Saturn (Japan)
Seibu
Seta Aleck64
Sharp MZ-700
Shockwave
SNK Classics
Super Nintendo Entertainment System MSU-1
Tandy TRS-80
Toaplan Cab
Unity
Vector Classics Cab
Visco Cab
WebGL

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@dragon57 Are you using Photoshop? If so you can add a 1 or 2 px Feather to any of the lasso tools, and that will make the edges of your screen cutouts a lot cleaner.

Edited by Omen

Share this comment

3 hours ago, kobaturtle said:

Hi, nice!

Did you plan a 16:9 release?

I have already posted the 16:9 versions. You can find them here:

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, Omen said:

@dragon57 Are you using Photoshop? If so you can add a 1 or 2 px Feather to any of the lasso tools, and that will make the edges of your screen cutouts a lot cleaner.

@Omen, are you referring to the Atari and SNK logos in the marquee area? If so, yeah, those need some rework. I rushed these out to get something in peoples hands. I have since gotten the source file from viking and do plan on reworking everything after I shake this bug I have.

Keep the comments coming!

Share this comment

2 hours ago, dragon57 said:

@Omen, are you referring to the Atari and SNK logos in the marquee area? If so, yeah, those need some rework. I rushed these out to get something in peoples hands. I have since gotten the source file from viking and do plan on reworking everything after I shake this bug I have.

Keep the comments coming!

No I'm talking about the TV/Arcade screens where the video plays, you can see the jagged lines round the screen.

Share this comment

All, I just uploaded new 16:9 and 4:3 versions of my videos. They should look better now, IE less jaggies on certain elements. I have modified my workflow.

Share this comment

hi, do you have a template with just the Xbox one tv without images of the Xbox one as I want to create images with just the large tv

Share this comment

5 hours ago, daz said:

hi, do you have a template with just the Xbox one tv without images of the Xbox one as I want to create images with just the large tv

I do not have all of Vikings original files which were used to create the his videos and the one you mention specifically. I will get with him and see what can be done.

Share this comment

Thanks for those. 

Unfortunately, some appears to have not rendered properly. Specifically -- the following 4 have an 4x3 apect ratio in a 16x9 frame (i.e.: there's black bars on each side):

• Atari_Classics_Cab_4-3
  • SNK Classics Cab 4-3
  • Tandy TRS-80 4-3
  • Vector Classics Cab 4-3

If you ever get a chance to fix them, I'd grab them. Cheers!

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Belmont said:

Thanks for those. 

Unfortunately, some appears to have not rendered properly. Specifically -- the following 4 have an 4x3 apect ratio in a 16x9 frame (i.e.: there's black bars on each side):

• Atari_Classics_Cab_4-3
  • SNK Classics Cab 4-3
  • Tandy TRS-80 4-3
  • Vector Classics Cab 4-3

If you ever get a chance to fix them, I'd grab them. Cheers!

Thanks for catching this. I have corrected and re-uploaded the videos you listed.

Share this comment

Thanks, I needed some of these.

However I still have an issue with Atari Classics and SNK Classics. It seems they are in a wrong resolution (1080x1080) instead of 1440x1080 like the others. Or is it just me?

Share this comment

3 hours ago, daty2k1 said:

Thanks, I needed some of these.

However I still have an issue with Atari Classics and SNK Classics. It seems they are in a wrong resolution (1080x1080) instead of 1440x1080 like the others. Or is it just me?

Yep, you are correct! Rats, my fix was broken. I'll get around to correcting these later today. Thanks for catching this.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, dragon57 said:

@daty2k1 I have posted new versions to take care of the resolution issues you found. Sorry about the mix-up.

Great! Thanks again for your work.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Hi, where can I find the 16:9 versions? Your link above doesn't seem to work for me!

Just look where all the other Platform media is located. Go to the Downloads/Categories/Platform Media/Platform Theme Videos link on the Downloads page.

Share this comment

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

Any thoughts on doing some console "category" vids - like Sega, Nintendo, SNK, etc?

Something like you mention is on my list of things to do, however real life has pretty much eliminated any free time for the foreseeable future.

Do you have any specific requests as to how you would see these videos laid out? For example, a Sega console category vid would show which consoles? Would you like different vids from each console showed on the virtual monitor?

Share this comment

10 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Something like you mention is on my list of things to do, however real life has pretty much eliminated any free time for the foreseeable future.

Lol...yes, tell me about it :)

No particular thoughts on the consoles included. Probably 3 of the main ones for each Manufacturer. Maybe old, middle and new. So Sega might include the Master System, Genesis and Dreamcast, for example! Happy New Year by the way :) 

Share this comment

36 minutes ago, Dan said:

Lol...yes, tell me about it :)

No particular thoughts on the consoles included. Probably 3 of the main ones for each Manufacturer. Maybe old, middle and new. So Sega might include the Master System, Genesis and Dreamcast, for example! Happy New Year by the way :) 

Good idea on the three systems from different eras. I'll keep that in mind.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment