Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

6 Screenshots

About This File

Genesis State is the first of a couple themes I plan on producing specifically meant to emulate the feeling of the original game systems box art styles.

This theme is purely for use with the Sega Genesis emulators (you can use it for other systems but why would you?). It currently has one view for game play style videos.

Looking for some feedback and ideas on how to improve it. Let me know. I plan to add some more views based on feedback.

Thanks to @eatkinola for use of his Themer addon, I used it to create the random video background effect.

 


What's New in Version 0.5.7   See changelog

Released

  • Added a 16:9 Game Art Horizontal view

Kind of a strange view, I am not 100% done itbut I think it should be serviceable for anyone looking for a view that does not use video. Its pretty unpolished (not all controls are implemented, no animations yet) .

There is an added custom control to put in some default art if the game does not have any. I meant to remove clear logos from the art it cycles through but have not completed that yet. 

This maybe my last update for a few weeks. When I have time to update I will add the following:

  • Implement a text list view
  • Implement a very minimal view for slow systems
  • Create a super detailed view Box Art, Game Disk, More Text 
  • Implement # of player Icons (Art is done)
  • Implement updated community rating controls (if made available in API)
  • Implement Retro Achievements (if made available in API)
  • Spruce up views and animations

At that point the Theme will be done. From there I will create a Megadrive version and then look at extending the theme to other systems.

 

2018-01-07.png

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1



User Feedback

Recommended Comments

45 minutes ago, newyears1978 said:

Screenshots would be helpful :)

yes, I was in a bit of a rush to get it posted before. Threw a few up

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice. Futurestate is one of my favorites themes, glad you based this theme on that.

I'd suggest you do a similar view but replace Genesis with Mega-Drive for all the people that grew up with that instead.

Looking forward to see this for the rest of the systems. :)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great looking theme for the Sega Genesis platform. Since the videos are a large size in the theme I would like to see some scanlines added to the video footage but of course I love scanlines with all the retro stuff.:DI also personally would rather see the front box art on the left instead of the screenshots but thats just my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

Nice. Futurestate is one of my favorites themes, glad you based this theme on that.

I'd suggest you do a similar view but replace Genesis with Mega-Drive for all the people that grew up with that instead.

Looking forward to see this for the rest of the systems. :)

9 hours ago, SuperSprayer40 said:

Make More! Make More!!!!!

Once I get a decent template theme with the Genesis I will do this. I will probably start with Sega systems first seeing and I can use most of the existing assests.

That being said this theme is based off a one I created months ago and never released, so I do have assets to build more systems.

 

7 hours ago, kmoney said:

Great looking theme for the Sega Genesis platform. Since the videos are a large size in the theme I would like to see some scanlines added to the video footage but of course I love scanlines with all the retro stuff.:DI also personally would rather see the front box art on the left instead of the screenshots but thats just my opinion.

I will probably add a commented outline that users can activate. I always get a 50/50 response on scan lines

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, Hexxxer said:

Once I get a decent template theme with the Genesis I will do this. I will probably start with Sega systems first seeing and I can use most of the existing assests.

That being said this theme is based off a one I created months ago and never released, so I do have assets to build more systems.

 

I will probably add a commented outline that users can activate. I always get a 50/50 response on scan lines

 

 

Completely blown away by this video, these are the themes I want for my platforms. cannot wait to see these get released, great work @Hexxxer;)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have made new background videos for this theme took me alot longer than i fort but done hopefully not meny bugs great theme this

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, reaper595 said:

i have made new background videos for this theme took me alot longer than i fort but done hopefully not meny bugs great theme this

 

Fantastic!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...