LaunchBox Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. PattersonCZ

GOG GALAXY 2.0

Hello, dont know if is allowed to discuss another programs but with GOG GALAXY 2.0 i think Launchbox get another big competiton. Dont want draw take any conclusions as its client is still in development but what they promise sounds more then Launchbox can offer. Yes it dont looks like they offer emulation but maybe it will be added easy with addons. And it looks very modern and user friendly. Dont get me wrong i like Launchbox but it still lacks in some ways. GOG GALAXY 2.0
  3. It says that it is been saved successfully and does not save the buttons.
  4. Hi, yes just watch the video with the red background above your post no rocketlauncher involved, just Teknoparrot and Launchbox
  5. Today
  6. This is not possible currently but has been mentioned to Jason. Hopefully it can be added in a future release.
  7. American Speedway (PGD 1987) Marquee: Bezel: Bezel no t-mold:
  8. Thanks for posting this, but Is it possible to set this up and get it working WITHOUT Rocket Launcher? I hate RL.
  9. Not sure where to get help with this but i cant get the aimtrak to work in mame core. I can play with the mouse but as soon as i pull the gun up it the crosshair freaks out. i can get it to work on the standalone mame emulator but it stutters too much. Any help would be great.
  10. Just download the newest version, make sure to get the zip version not the installer and extract it into the previous install folder over writing anything it asks. It won't overwrite any config files at all, I would suggest making a backup of your previous install first though just in case. Once you are sure the new overwritten version is working the way you want then you can delete the old one.
  11. Is there a way to have different buttons mappings for different controllers in the BB interface? For example, I set the "select" and "back" functions to button 2 and button 3 on my snes pad, but I would prefer to have them mapped differently on an X1 controller. Can I have multiple mappings saved at the same time?
  12. I used MEKA for years. Best SMS emulator I ever used. It got lost in the shuffle of 64 bit and Windows 7+ though and it started having issues so I had to look at other options. I just found a new build of it on Github and it runs perfect on Windows 10. Only problem is it won't launch directly to game fullscreen from Launchbox. I have MEKA set to launch fullscreen when a game is launched and even have the cfg edited not to launch the gui but to no avail. I have been testing various fullscreen commandline parameters but they error as invalid. If anyone knows how to get MEKA running with Launchbox (if its possible) I would be very grateful. Hopefully it isn't like Phoenix where it only runs as its own standalone.
  13. Yesterday
  14. djwar

Update Retroarch

Hi all, Could you please explain how to update RetroArch without loosing my configuration. I have an old build from august last year 1.6.3. Thank you
  15. MAME ColecoVision Software System Custom Artwork File View File The standard issue of the ColecoVision software system artwork file, coleco.zip limits all games to a common, generic bezel. That's how MAME does software system external artwork by default. This is essentially an expanded version of coleco.zip, that will allow each game (it caters for the 141 games associated with the Bezel Project ColecoVision pack) to display it's own bezel at launch. Note that this is for MAME standalone only and is not compatible with RetroArch. Once downloaded, the file MAME Colecovision.zip should be unzipped. The artwork file in the download is coleco.zip and it contains a generic coleco bezel as well as my multi-view lay file. The game bezels themselves are not included, due to permission from the Bezel Project to distribute them not sought, so you will need to download the pack and drop the bezels into the artwork coleco.zip yourself. You will also need to set LaunchBox Custom Command-line Parameters to allow MAME to match the correct bezel for each game. This is explained in the download. The coleco.zip artwork file will work whether you are emulating using direct media calls (games with the long naming and col extension) or emulating using a software list. Submitter spycat Submitted 05/27/2019 Category Third-party Apps and Plugins  
  16. Version 1.0.0

2 downloads

The standard issue of the ColecoVision software system artwork file, coleco.zip limits all games to a common, generic bezel. That's how MAME does software system external artwork by default. This is essentially an expanded version of coleco.zip, that will allow each game (it caters for the 141 games associated with the Bezel Project ColecoVision pack) to display it's own bezel at launch. Note that this is for MAME standalone only and is not compatible with RetroArch. Once downloaded, the file MAME Colecovision.zip should be unzipped. The artwork file in the download is coleco.zip and it contains a generic coleco bezel as well as my multi-view lay file. The game bezels themselves are not included, due to permission from the Bezel Project to distribute them not sought, so you will need to download the pack and drop the bezels into the artwork coleco.zip yourself. You will also need to set LaunchBox Custom Command-line Parameters to allow MAME to match the correct bezel for each game. This is explained in the download. The coleco.zip artwork file will work whether you are emulating using direct media calls (games with the long naming and col extension) or emulating using a software list.
  17. Here is a realistic bezel for the arcade game Pit Fighter. You can download it here - https://bit.ly/30JGLzl
  18. None sorry, I don't use a PS4 controller in my setup, I use an XBone and Hori FC controller.
  19. I got it so the games run now but i am unable to configure my controller to work. I am using a PS4 controller which works great for snes9x. Any advice?
  20. That version is about 2.5 years old so there could be some minor issues with it and current Launchbox/BigBox features. We have seen older versions having issues with the new features. Try editing your Mame set-up in Launchbox and delete the "-keyboardprovider dinput" in the default command line prompt section. See if that helps. With new feature development in LB/BB I would recommend updating to a more current mame version and rom set. If that is something you do not wish to do, then you will likely need to find some work arounds to issues you are or may experience.
  21. Pause Theme - Default Arcade / MAME .181 LB 9.8 Couple things I have noticed in BigBox- - Using exit on Pause screen menu (most of the time) brings up a fullscreen palette screen overlayed on game. Exit key will back out of that. Something needed to prevent that ? - Within Pause screen menu , hitting the pause screen button while in the Pause screen menu drops back to game but with a 5 second or so looping sound glitch. Doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally - Some games the Pause screen does not come up, the games pauses but the Pause screen does not come up. Seems to happen with vector games (startrek, tempest, battlezone) - When assigning the Pause screen button in BigBox, do you have to use the Hold Key combo / Controller Automation. Seems like you can't just assign a key for the Pause screen without controller automation/hold key assigned for it to work.
  22. This is all well over my head, and this may be an irrelevant observation but, personally I have all my roms stored on a separate drive (not C, or L(my launchbox drive). What I've noticed is that because there is no "startup" program accessing the drive with my roms, the hard drive stays "asleep" upon booting the PC, and it doesn't wake up until the first time I try to launch a game. So the first time I launch any game after reboot (or between long rests) sometimes even retroarch will blackscreen, only on the first launch, and over time I figured out its because it's waiting for my rom drive to wake up and something must be timing out in the interim. Mostly this causes a MUCH longer load time on my first game launch, but it'll crash it occasionally as well. I don't know if it'll help or not, but might be something to consider.
  23. The Good : It's my Big Box Startup Videos Platform Showcase Kit!!! Show off everyone's collective hard work and talent right in launchbox! The Bad : 21 titles are named by author's as "startup" 🙁 however I've listed them and their new names in the instructions. The Ugly: There's nearly 300 of them to download. some notes... you can use the videos themselves as video snaps at the expense of storage xml file included , I've re-titled most, added in publisher also most art lifted from the Launchbox Forum a few I did screenshots attn creators: please title your works correctly and include a screenshot if possible (thank you) could any of you talented people create a nice Big Box Startup Videos video for the platform itself ? Perhaps platform art as well - Banner , Clear Logo, Device and Fanart ? I've included some but they suck. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wey5pvbIKd_6GyDs1IgVvfBjqX4FcYn6/view?usp=sharing you will need to download the videos from Launchbox forums / downloads /startup videos the whole project unless you make your own video snaps is about 20gb
  24. Yes, to update you would need new roms and the version of the emulator to go with them.
  25. But updating the mame let's say to 0.173 I would need to update my roms as well no? Or redownload it again?
  26. I dont know much about the windows problems since i have not upgraded yet. Maybe someone else can chime in on that part. Try turning off game mode in windows 10. As for reinstalling mame there really is no installer just extract the files to a new folder and set it up. Download the mame 203 version from mame's website and extract to the new folder.optionally you can replace the exe with the no nag version. Then from there generate a new mame.ini file and configure all your settings. Make sure to configure your paths for roms , chd, samples, to point to your existing rom set. Add your controller file if you have one. When i tested mame 202 on my system i just added it as an additional emulator in launchbox and changed the associated emulator for the rom. I would suggest trying a few roms first then i believe you can batch edit the associated emulator for all of your roms. Now test it and see if the startup problem is gone.
  1. Load more activity