LaunchBox Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ok thank you. I actually overlooked the "override" menu within the quick menu. When I went there I understood what needed to be done thanks to neil9000's post - I just set up the Game Boy emulator the way I wanted it and saved with "content directory override" and all the Game Boy games were set up the way I wanted. It turns out that all my other systems had the Game Boy filter applied to them as well. So I just set up each system and saved with a content directory override and most everything is fine now. Thanks! Now there are only two issues left that I just found. Setting up my Playstation emulator in RetroArch allowed me to save with a content directory override and the options were saved correctly with the game I was using. But the other Playstation games were not saved that way. I have a theory as to why. All my Playstation games are saved in folders that are named the name of the game like this: So should I put all my .bin and .cue files into the same folder (the one called Playstation) and not have every game saved in its own folder? I thought that might lead to problems which is why I didn't put all the .bin and .cue files into the same folder. The second problem is with the Atari Lynx. I load a shader and saved with a content directory override but the shader isn't used the next time I start up the game or any other Lynx games. Alright, I'm glad we could figure this out and hopefully have everything in order soon. Thank you.
  3. Your main config file retroarch.cfg file is likely set to use that shader preset. You will want to disable the "write on exit" or something to that effect in Retroarch.
  4. Today
  5. I’m thinking about posting this in the troubleshooting forum but am kind of afraid to do so after reading the “important: read before posting here” thread. I’m afraid I wouldn’t be providing enough information. I really enjoy LaunchBox and I just want it to work right.
  6. @dugan26Was in my first post:
  7. BOOM! Thanks I was planning on using a homemade script to control the F buttons - But i will try Altirra when i get a chance. Can you point me to the exact location of the Altirra executable? i looked at that website and there were tons of downloads. Thank you for your help And Marvin was my favorite Bugs Bunny character. "I am going to blow up the earth so i have a clear view of Venus" You get 2 major points in my book!
  8. Yesterday
  9. in your .atari800.cfg file namely this settings adjust video sizing within the file (or access via F1 in game, adjust , and save settings): VIDEOMODE_WINDOW_WIDTH=336 VIDEOMODE_WINDOW_HEIGHT=240 VIDEOMODE_FULLSCREEN_WIDTH=1920 VIDEOMODE_FULLSCREEN_HEIGHT=1080 VIDEOMODE_WINDOWED=0 VIDEOMODE_HORIZONTAL_AREA=TV VIDEOMODE_VERTICAL_AREA=TV VIDEOMODE_HORIZONTAL_SHIFT=0 VIDEOMODE_VERTICAL_SHIFT=0 VIDEOMODE_STRETCH=FULL VIDEOMODE_FIT=BOTH VIDEOMODE_IMAGE_ASPECT=REAL VIDEOMODE_ROTATE90=0 VIDEOMODE_HOST_ASPECT_RATIO=64:27 VIDEOMODE_80_COLUMN=1 or you can use command line entries as documented in the DOC folder in the USAGE.txt file. For example fullscreen command is: Best to stick to one way or the other (CFG file or command lines) just to avoid confusion. As far as controllers, yes it will work with controllers out of box; however, only as far as what the game supports for a "real" Atari 800. I don't be believe Atari 800 (the emulator) has input mapping to controller natively (it didn't use to which is why my default is Altirra). Thus, you will have to hit F4 on some games to start (Asteroids as example) or use an external mapping program to map a keyboard to controller button. Altirra has a mapping interface within the emulator that you can tell it to map the Atari 800 START button to a controller button.
  10. Well @JoeViking245 you were right and inadded the clones and everything worked. Thank you again.
  11. I have a 2 player layout with 8 buttons for each player and a Utrak trackball (these are already cut on the control panel). The panel also has a spot for 4 other buttons. I plan on putting "coin buttons" on the front side of the control panel box. My question is - how should I map these buttons? What other buttons should i set - we also have a spinner that we need to place. Where would be the best place for that? This control panel was pre-made btw.
  12. So I have not had auto update on until today. I have my ROMS in a folder like c\Roms and my updates in c\Roms\Updates and my DLC in c\Roms\DLC Today I turned on auto import and it imported both the DLC and the updates as if they were games. Is there way to easily undo that and prevent it going forward?
  13. I have to say - Launch Box is such an incredible platform. Years ago 10+ i messed around with Hyperspin ... after 4-5 emulators i gave up. Really nice work here to all
  14. I am getting closer !!! Now how do i make this full screen ? And should my controller just work? Where are those configs? Using standard Microsoft controller
  15. This just downloads a file called Patreon.txt. Am I missing something here?
  16. ok super strange - Before i posted i just tried deleting and installing again and i got this
  17. BezelLauncher v2.1.0-beta-3 Fixed: Accommodate monitor's whose scale is set to something other than 100% No other changes have been made in this beta release. ⟶ BezelLauncher (v2.1.0-beta-3).7z
  18. Submitted to the DB Monster Maulers (Arcade)
  19. Kamehameha intro View File Simple Kamehameha intro. If you like it, let me know and I will make more intro's... Enjoy🤪 Submitter kmufuj Submitted 04/19/2024 Category Startup Videos  
  20. Version 1.0.0

6 downloads

Simple Kamehameha intro. If you like it, let me know and I will make more intro's... Enjoy🤪
  21. It’s the text file with all the emulator settings. It will be in same directory as the emulator executable. It should auto create to default as you said you had working outside LB.
  22. The different systems that have the filter applied do not have the same core. PSX, Nintendo, and Game Boy all have this problem.
  23. I did try that before but it was still the same. However, You were right, restarting LaunchBox did make the bezel fill the screen although everything is now obviously tiny. I only have one monitor attached.
  24. For troubleshooting purposes, what happens if you set it to 100%? (May need to restart LaunchBox for it to take proper affect) What are the resolutions of the other monitors you have attached?
  1. Load more activity