Files posted by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
Going to go ahead and start a thread for PC games. I have well over two hundred games, so I'll just be uploading new ones as I feel like doing them. I've already done a number, so I have links below for those. Newer themes will go into the playlist further below (starting with Dead Space) and will be downloadable from this page.
Indy PC Games:
Final Fantasy Series:
Voodoo Vince Remastered:
The Witcher Series:
Dark Souls Series:
1. Dead Space
2. Dead Space 2
3. Dead Space 3
4. Dragon Age Inquisition
5. Dragon Age II
6. Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
7. Doom 3 BFG Edition
9. Mortal Kombat X
10. Doom 3 BFG Edition (version 2)
11. Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
12. Lords of the Fallen
13. Castle of Illusion Remastered
14. Rez Infinite
15. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition
16. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
17. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD
18. Advent Rising
20. FarCry 3: Blood Dragon
21. FarCry 3
22. FarCry 2: Fortune's Edition
23. FarCry (**DOWNLOAD THE ONE BELOW INSTEAD - #48)
24. Alien: Isolation (**DOWNLOAD THE ONE BELOW INSTEAD - #44**)
25. Aliens vs Predator (2010)
26. Aliens: Colonial Marines
27. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (version 2)
28. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition
29. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
30. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
32. Mega Man 2.5D (Fan-Made)
33. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (version 2)
34. Dark Souls II (version 2)
35. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (version 2)
36. Dark Souls III (version 2)
37. Doom (2016)
38. Mortal Kombat X (version 2)
40. Black Mesa (Half-Life Remake/Fan-Made)
41. Half-Life 2
42. Half-Life 2: Update (Mod)
43. Half-Life 2: Episode One
44. Alien: Isolation (version 2) - There was a sharp contrast between the glow off the helmet and the background, so added some extra blur/transparency to blend it better. Left the original so I wouldn't mess up the download order/have to delete/reupload everything after the original).
45. Doom 3 BFG Edition (version 3) - Lots of changes. Cleaned up around the Hellknight more. Made the gameplay clip larger. Added numerous color correction changes. Added different effects for when the music sweeps out and back in.
46. Half-Life 2: Episode Two
47. Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
48. FarCry (version 2) - Cleaned up around the gun and added transparency to coastline.
49. Alice: Madness Returns
50. Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
52. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (version 2)
53. Dishonored 2
54. Tomb Raider (2013)
55. Rise of the Tomb Raider
56. Tomb Raider: Legend
57. Tomb Raider: Underworld
58. Tomb Raider: Anniversary
59. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
60. Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
61. Mass Effect
62. Mass Effect 2
63. Mass Effect 3
64. Mass Effect: Andromeda
65. Mini Ninjas
66. Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
67. Ori and the Blind Forest
68. Halo 2
69. Resident Evil Zero Ø HD Remaster
70. Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
71. Halo Online (AKA: EL Dewrito) - Fan-Made, multiplayer only hack/mod
73. Resident Evil 4
75. Ryse: Son of Rome
76. Brütal Legend
77. System Shock 2
78. Prince of Persia (2008)
80. Thief (2014)
81. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
82. Resident Evil HD Remaster
83. Resident Evil 5
84. Ghotstbusters The Video Game
85. Destiny 2
86. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
87. Alan Wake
88. Alan Wake v2
89. Hollow Knight
90. Age of Empires II HD Edition
91. Assassin's Creed
92. Assassin's Creed II
93. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition
94. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
95. Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
97. Titanfall 2
98. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
99. Vanquish (was going to start uploading videos in a ZIP to get rid of the underscores in filenames, but only video file formats can be uploaded so couldn't do that)
100. Legend of Grimrock II
101. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Releases on Steam 02/01/18!)
102. Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition (Releases on Steam 03/06/2018!)
103. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
104. Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
105. Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
106. Bionic Commando: Rearmed
107. Dark Souls Remastered
108. Wolfenstein: The New Order
109. Metro 2033 Redux
110. Metro Last Light Redux
111. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
112. The Messenger
113. Wolfenstein (2009)
114. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
115. Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
116. Batman: Arkham City GOTY
117. Assassin's Creed III
118. Fable III
119. FarCry 4
120. FarCry 5
121. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD (version 2)
122. Gears of War Ultimate Edition
123. Gears of War 4
124. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance 125. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 126. Silent Hill 2 127. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 128. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction 129. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 130. Tom Clancy's The Division 131. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty 132. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction 133. Mirror's Edge Catalyst 134. Nox 135. Mirror's Edge 136. Ni no Kuni™ II: Revenant Kingdom
137. SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (Mega Drive version)
138. SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (Genesis version)
139. Syndicate (2012)
140. The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
141. Grim Fandango Remastered
142. Jade Empire Special Edition 143. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition 144. RAGE 2 145. Final Fantasy VII (Cloud Version) 146. Final Fantasy VII (Sephiroth Version) 147. Final Fantasy VIII 148. Final Fantasy IX (Bahamut Version) 149. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 150. Battlefield 1 151. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain 152. Darksiders III
Collection theme for the DOOM Series by request of @Robin55
Hope you all enjoy!
Will be adding video themes for the Final Fantasy Series here. I won't be doing them in any particular order; just the order they are in my collection in LB. Because in some cases, I have these games for multiple platforms (FFVII, VIII & IX for instance, I have for PlayStation and for PC), I will be making more than one version for those, so we don't end up having to use the same video multiple times over.
All downloads are in the same order as the YouTube Playlist and text list below. A Playlist Theme is available here:
1. Final Fantasy (NES)
2. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation 2)
3. Final Fantasy Origins (PlayStation)
4. Final Fantasy Anthology (PlayStation)
5. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation)
6. Final Fantasy (NES) version 2 - Wasn't happy with how the gameplay video looked in the first version, so made an adjustment to the viewing angle and added curvature to it. Original version is still up for download.
7. Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation)
8. Final Fantasy (NES) version 3 - Last version of the original. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the weapons look right during the attack sequence, but I thought it looked pretty cool either way. Also added a minor glitching effect to the gameplay video (because it's getting whacked on :P)
9. Final Fantasy Chronicles (PlayStation)
10. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation) version 2
11. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Gamecube)
12. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Wii)
13. Final Fantasy II (Famicom)
14. Final Fantasy III (SNES)
15. Final Fantasy II (SNES)
16. Final Fantasy III (Famicom)
17. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (WiiWare)
18. Final Fantasy V (Super Famicom)
19. Final Fantasy Tactics (PlayStation)
20. Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System (PlayStation 2)
21. Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PC)
22. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PC)
23. Final Fantasy XIII (PC)
24. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
25. Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation) - Re-upload: Corrected an issue with a gap that wasn't filled in properly.
26. Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2) - Re-upload: Cleaned up the fugly on Vaan's arm
27. Final Fantasy VIII (PC)
28. Final Fantasy IX (PC)
29. Final Fantasy VII (PC) - Re-upload: Added a higher resolution clip of the intro meteor and made a few minor tweaks
30. Final Fantasy (NES) version 4 - Made a few adjustments to this. Decided to keep Amano's artwork visible in the background, added some glow, a rotation at the beginning and a little blur to the crystal.
31. Final Fantasy IV (PC)
32. Final Fantasy V (PC)
33. Final Fantasy VI (PC)
34. Final Fantasy III (PC)
35. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PC)
36. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PC)
37. Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy (PSP)
38. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP)
39. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (WiiWare) version 2 - Alternate version
40. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP) version 2 - Alternate version
41. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Gameboy Advance)
42. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
43. Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS)
44. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (GBA)
45. Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
46. Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)
47. Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
48. Final Fantasy X-2 (PlayStation 2)
49. Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission (PlayStation 2)
50. Final Fantasy Adventure (Gameboy)
A theme video for MSU-1 enhanced games. I use a separate platform category for these, so I made a video for anyone else that does the same. The song is called "Catharsis" by Geoplex. You can download for free at Newgrounds: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/724826
Posted 3 hours ago (edited) · Report post
MSU-1 Platform Theme Video (16:9)
If you are unfamiliar with MSU-1: MSU-1 (Media Streaming Unit – Revision 1) is a Super Nintendo-only, processing architecture developed by Byuu, author of the bsnes/Higan emulator. This technology brings a realization to “what could have been” had Nintendo not abandoned the deal with Sony to develop a CD-ROM add-on for the Super Nintendo. Instead of getting the Sony PlayStation as a standalone console, it would have been the Nintendo Play Station CD-ROM attachment for the Super Nintedo.
This technology allows for an additional 4GBs of storage for Super Nintendo games. It’s primary use, thus far, has been to create CD quality soundtracks for Super Nintendo games. It can also be used to add FMVs (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past) and, in some case, allows for games to be ported to the Super Nintendo (the Sega CD FMV game Road Avenger has been ported to the Super Nintendo using this technology).
In many cases, the CD soundtracks have been provided, royalty-free, but there are some exceptions and you must buy the soundtracks from the composer(s) (Chrono Trigger being one such case).
Currently, Byuu’s own emulator is compatible with this technology (the bsnes cores in RetroArch are also compatible) and SNES9X (as of version 1.54 - thanks for the correction @lordmonkus) as is the Super Nintendo flash cartridge, SD2SNES.
There are currently 10 games that have patches to make use of this technology (all of them featured in the video), but it is technically compatible with all Super Nintendo games, should any one decide to put in the leg work to make a patch.
More info on this is here:
Moving on to the PlayStation. I'll be uploading themes for games in my collection (around 80ish). If you are looking for themes for any of the PlayStation Final Fantasy games, I have themes for all of those available here:
Just an FYI: I won't be uploading themes for Crash Bandicoot or most of the Mega Man games since @hevenik uploaded video themes for most all of these already. I have, however, modified the videos I'm using from his collections to be 16:9 (added a wallpaper with a blur to fill up the black space on the sides) and incorporated music from the game instead of sound effects of the game since this is what I prefer. If there is any interest in those, I will upload them here; just let me know. Otherwise, Hevenik has you covered for practically all Mega Man and Crash games. I will be doing a theme for Mega Man 8: Anniversary Collector's Edition since that is about the only thing not covered in his set.
1. The Adventure of Little Ralph
2. The Adventures of Lomax
4. Alundra 2: A New Legend Begins
5. Arc the Lad Collection
6. Blaster Master: Blasting Again
7. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
8. Brave Fencer Musashi
9. Breath of Fire III
10. Breath of Fire IV
11. Bushido Blade (@SNAK3ATER)
12. Bushido Blade 2 (@SNAK3ATER)
13. Castlevania Chronicles
14. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
15. Chrono Cross
16. Contra: Legacy of War
17. Darkstone: Evil Reigns
18. Dino Crisis
19. Dino Crisis 2
20. Dragon Valor
21. Dragon Warrior VII
23. Fear Effect
24. Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix
25. Front Mission 3
26. Future Cop L.A.P.D.
28. Gradius Gaiden
30. Harmful Park
31. Heart of Darkness
33. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
35. The Legend of Dragoon
36. Legend of Legaia
38. Legend of Mana
40. Re-Loaded: The Hardcore Sequel
42. Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
43. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
45. MediEvil II
46. Metal Gear Solid (@SNAK3ATER)
47. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
48. Omega Boost
49. Parasite Eve
50. Parasite Eve II
51. The Raiden Project
52. Rapid Reload
53. RayCrisis: Series Termination
54. Resident Evil: Director's Cut
55. Resident Evil (Standard version)
56. Resident Evil 2
57. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
58. R-Type Delta
59. SaGa Frontier
60. SaGa Frontier 2
61. Silent Hill
63. Strider 2
64. Tales of Destiny
65. Intelligent Qube (this was a special request for @RetroHumanoid)
66. Tales of Destiny II
67. Thousand Arms
68. Threads of Fate
69. Vagrant Story
70. Valkyrie Profile
71. Vandal Hearts
72. Vandal Hearts II
73. Wild Arms
74. Wild Arms 2
77. Mortal Kombat Trilogy (version 2)
78. Pepsiman (@SNAK3ATER)
This wraps up themes for PlayStation, aside from any special requests that may come along. I'll either be doing PlayStation 2 next or filling in the holes I have for Super Nintendo; haven't decided. When I do get to Super Nintendo, those themes will be at 1440x1080 so they have a 4:3 aspect ratio since the majority of the themes I already have for that system are 4:3 (will make versions of the Final Fantasy SNES themes to match this too sine the ones I made before are 16:9).
This is my very first attempt (now a revised attempt; see further down the page) at a theme video since starting to learn After Effects two days ago. Being my first, it's not the best, but since there isn't really much of anything out there, I hope it's at least good enough for now. As I improve with the software, I'll probably come back and re-visit this. I also intend to make Game Theme videos for lesser paid attention to platforms (Hacks, MSX, Amiga, Lynx, Gameboy, etc., etc.).
In any case, don't be too harsh! Hope you all like it:
Platform theme for Origin
Took a little bit, but here is a theme for a Fighter Classics playlist, This theme was requested by @igotdvds and the clear logo was also provided by him.
Hope you enjoy!
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Fighter Classics Playlist folder.
Theme for a Mario series playlist.
Similar to Mega Man, I put all Mario games into a single category; Mario Kart to Super Mario Bros. However, since some people might use separate playlists for things like Mario Kart, I put focus on featuring gameplay from the platformers in the series and didn't incorporate any art from non-platformers in the theme.
Hope you guys like it!
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Mario Playlist folder.
I will be making theme videos for the games in my Amiga collection (about 83) and will include games from the various Amiga platforms (500, CD32, etc.)
I will be making these shorter and a littler simpler in order to get more out sooner. Hope you like them.
The first video will be for Agony and I will update the list below as I add more. I'm also creating a playlist on YouTube for these for easy viewing before downloading.
Per feedback from @reaper595, I'll try to make them at around a minute run-time for future videos (and I am definitely including games from Team17 :)). Also, it looks like there was a copyright strike against the Akira theme, so I'll reupload that version to YouTube with different audio, so it can be viewed in the playlist (the download will have the music from the game that was already added to it).
5. Alien Breed
7. Shadow of the Beast
10. 3D Galax
12. Shadow of the Beast II
Keeping with Sony's platforms for now, so moving on to the PS2! I'm going to upload these in reverse order this time, so starting in the Zs. I'll have a little over hundred videos uploaded once this is finished.
For Final Fantasy themes, I already of most of the games for this platform available from the link below, but I still need to make one for Final Fantasy X and X International. I'm already using a theme made by someone else for X, but I will make a new one to finish out the PS2 themes for this series. I will upload those to that particular thread once they are done, instead of to this one, so check there if you are looking for them.
I've also already got a theme for Rez I made some time ago:
YouTube PS2 Playlist:
1. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
2. Zone of the Enders
3. Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
4. Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse 5. Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht 6. Wild Arms Alter Code: F 7. Wild Arms 5 8. Wild Arms 4 9. Wild Arms 3 10. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria 11. Twisted Metal: Black 12. Thunder Force VI 13. Tales of the Abyss 14. Tales of Legendia 15. The Sword of Etheria 16. Wild Arms 4 (version 2) 17. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time 18. Soul Calibur III 19. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves 20. Sly 2: Band of Thieves 21. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus 22. Silent HIll 4: The Room 23. Silent HIll 3 24. Silent Hill 2 25. Nightshade 26. Shinobi 27. Shadow of the Colossus 28. Shadow Hearts: From the New World 29. Shadow Hearts: Covenant 30. Shadow Hearts 31. Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 1: Phantasy Star Generation 1 32. Rygar: The Legendary Adventure 33. R-Type Final 34. Rogue Galaxy 35. Rez (version 2) 36. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal 37. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando 38. Ratchet & Clank 39. Raiden III 40. Radiata Stories 41. Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams 42. Onimusha 3: Demon Siege 43. Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny 44. Onimusha: Warlords 45. OKAGE: Shadow King 46. Odin Sphere 47. Final Fantasy X @Thornback 48. Musashi: Samurai Legend 49. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks 50. Metal Slug 6 51. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 52. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 53. Masters of the Universe Interactive - He-Man: Defender of Grayskull 54. Maximo vs. Army of Zin
Hope you all enjoy it! It was a toss up between the Juno Reactor's remix of Traci Lords's "Control" or Napalm Death's "Twist the Knife Slowly" from the original movie soundtrack. Decided on this one, but if someone would prefer the Napalm Death track, just let me know and I can upload a version with it, though I'd probably take out the gong sound effect and the two "Get over here" and "Fight" sound bites from that one.
@angelobodetti, Here it is!
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your MK Playlist folder.
Version 2 video below.
This was a request from @BlueArrowUK. I don't normally get these finished so quickly, but this was so much fun that I just spent the last 4 hours doing nothing but working on it and it all came together pretty nice I think.
Hope you all enjoy it.
I've also included a clear logo that I mocked up as well as a banner image. I like using pixel art for my playlist banners. I'm going to update the existing playlist vids with the pixel art I use for those, too. Just put Marvin in the Banner folder after making the playlist (Images\Playlists\Looney Tunes Collection\Banner) if you want to use it.
This is where I will upload themes for The Legend of Zelda series.
1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube)
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 64)
6. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (Gamecube)
8. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo DS)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS)
10. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
11. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
12. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
13. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
14. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS)
Platform Theme for GOG.com
A Metal Slug playlist theme to compliment the playlists that @jchasa is putting together. The current XMLs are available here:
I also mocked up a couple of clear logos and those are availalbe here (just right-click the image and Save As):
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Metal Slug Playlist folder.
Playlist theme for The Legend of Zelda series. Hope you all like it!
Here it is, as promised @e2zippo
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Zelda Playlist folder.
Themes for the Donkey Kong Country series will be here. The first theme was a special request from my bud @Riffman81
1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
This is a slight modification from the original. Might get tweaked further. I'm also rendering one using the Japanese MD logo and will upload it later.
Playlist theme for the Final Fantasy series.
@orac31 You can have it now
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your FF Playlist folder.
Theme for the Devil May Cry series:
Clear Logo and and image to use as the Banner are below
It was requested by @angelobodetti to get some clear logos for the FDS, so I decided to upload the few that I have, plus the box art. I only have seven games for this platform, so the only includes art for those games:
Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic
Dracula II - Noroi no Fuuin
Moero TwinBee - Cinnamon Hakase wo Sukue!
Super Mario Bros. 2
Zelda no Densetsu - The Hyrule Fantasy
So this is probably overkill and the filesize is much larger than your typical game theme video (191MB). It’s also a bit longer (3:40) and might clash with your current video themes.
But atypical is what I was going for with this one.
Super Metroid has been my favorite video game ever since it first released way back in 1994. I wanted to pay tribute to it and the community that has developed around it over the years, so almost all of the art in the video are works crafted by fans of this game and franchise. The medley was done by a YouTuber who goes by the name FamilyJules. I didn't want to make a video that went on for over 7 minutes, but the full medley is just below:
Hopefully some of you will enjoy it.
Decided to do some platform theme videos for computer systems. First up is Windows, but I have interest in making themes for Steam, Origin and GOG services (for those of you that separate them) as well as MSX computers (will probably do a single one, but represent multiple generations of it). Unless there is a big interest in it, I probably won't make themes for the Uplay or Battle.net services. I will also include my clear logos for Windows and MSX; keep all Steam, Origin, GOG, Battle.net, Uplay under Windows in my setup.
Tried to incorporate elements of Windows 7 and 10 into the theme (not sure there is a big user base for 8): Windows 7 Start Orb and startup sound and the default Windows 10 wallpaper (first time Microsoft ever released a default wallpaper I didn't immediately change for something else; actually used it for the first year after upgrading to it). And, yes, I am team green, so I specifically looked for a rig with Nvidia's GPUs represented, so apologies to AMD users.... Actually it was the first high res image I found.
This is a Playlist theme intended to compliment @MetalVinnie's Playlist, logo and bezels he made recently. Hope you guys enjoy! Links to the Playlist/logo and Bezels are below:
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your NES Black Box Playlist folder.