Files posted by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
Attached are some box art and clear logos that I use for my own personal collection. Some of these I mocked up myself since a lot of them just don't exist really anywhere and some were just edited/modified and others are just ones that I downloaded (Super Metroid Eris being one of those). In any case I don't take any credit for any of them since none are 100% original work by me. I am by no means a professional and I wish I could re-draw the logos that aren't high res, but I don't have those kinds of skills. I am also being very careful not to step on the toes of people that have already submitted artwork here, so if you are looking for box-art/logos for:
Super Mario Omega
Super Mario Land 3
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest Revamped
Zelda: The Legend of Link
The Legend of Zelda DX
None of these are included (unless I make my own variants on them) and can be downloaded from the site, if you need those (it's what I am using for those games).
So this is probably overkill and the filesize is much larger than your typical game theme video (191MB). It’s also a bit longer (3:40) and might clash with your current video themes.
But atypical is what I was going for with this one.
Super Metroid has been my favorite video game ever since it first released way back in 1994. I wanted to pay tribute to it and the community that has developed around it over the years, so almost all of the art in the video are works crafted by fans of this game and franchise. The medley was done by a YouTuber who goes by the name FamilyJules. I didn't want to make a video that went on for over 7 minutes, but the full medley is just below:
Hopefully some of you will enjoy it.
Theme for Metroid: Other M
I will be making theme videos for the games in my Amiga collection (about 83) and will include games from the various Amiga platforms (500, CD32, etc.)
I will be making these shorter and a littler simpler in order to get more out sooner. Hope you like them.
The first video will be for Agony and I will update the list below as I add more. I'm also creating a playlist on YouTube for these for easy viewing before downloading.
Per feedback from @reaper595, I'll try to make them at around a minute run-time for future videos (and I am definitely including games from Team17 :)). Also, it looks like there was a copyright strike against the Akira theme, so I'll reupload that version to YouTube with different audio, so it can be viewed in the playlist (the download will have the music from the game that was already added to it).
5. Alien Breed
7. Shadow of the Beast
10. 3D Galax
12. Shadow of the Beast II
Themes for the Donkey Kong Country series will be here. The first theme was a special request from my bud @Riffman81
1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Will be adding video themes for the Final Fantasy Series here. I won't be doing them in any particular order; just the order they are in my collection in LB. Because in some cases, I have these games for multiple platforms (FFVII, VIII & IX for instance, I have for PlayStation and for PC), I will be making more than one version for those, so we don't end up having to use the same video multiple times over.
All downloads are in the same order as the YouTube Playlist and text list below. A Playlist Theme is available here:
1. Final Fantasy (NES)
2. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation 2)
3. Final Fantasy Origins (PlayStation)
4. Final Fantasy Anthology (PlayStation)
5. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation)
6. Final Fantasy (NES) version 2 - Wasn't happy with how the gameplay video looked in the first version, so made an adjustment to the viewing angle and added curvature to it. Original version is still up for download.
7. Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation)
8. Final Fantasy (NES) version 3 - Last version of the original. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the weapons look right during the attack sequence, but I thought it looked pretty cool either way. Also added a minor glitching effect to the gameplay video (because it's getting whacked on :P)
9. Final Fantasy Chronicles (PlayStation)
10. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation) version 2
11. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Gamecube)
12. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Wii)
13. Final Fantasy II (Famicom)
14. Final Fantasy III (SNES)
15. Final Fantasy II (SNES)
16. Final Fantasy III (Famicom)
17. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (WiiWare)
18. Final Fantasy V (Super Famicom)
19. Final Fantasy Tactics (PlayStation)
20. Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System (PlayStation 2)
21. Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PC)
22. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PC)
23. Final Fantasy XIII (PC)
24. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
25. Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation) - Re-upload: Corrected an issue with a gap that wasn't filled in properly.
26. Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2) - Re-upload: Cleaned up the fugly on Vaan's arm
27. Final Fantasy VIII (PC)
28. Final Fantasy IX (PC)
29. Final Fantasy VII (PC) - Re-upload: Added a higher resolution clip of the intro meteor and made a few minor tweaks
30. Final Fantasy (NES) version 4 - Made a few adjustments to this. Decided to keep Amano's artwork visible in the background, added some glow, a rotation at the beginning and a little blur to the crystal.
31. Final Fantasy IV (PC)
32. Final Fantasy V (PC)
33. Final Fantasy VI (PC)
34. Final Fantasy III (PC)
35. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PC)
36. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PC)
37. Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy (PSP)
38. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP)
39. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (WiiWare) version 2 - Alternate version
40. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP) version 2 - Alternate version
41. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Gameboy Advance)
42. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
43. Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS)
44. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (GBA)
45. Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
46. Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)
47. Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
48. Final Fantasy X-2 (PlayStation 2)
49. Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission (PlayStation 2)
50. Final Fantasy Adventure (Gameboy)
This is where I will upload themes for The Legend of Zelda series.
1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube)
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 64)
6. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (Gamecube)
8. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo DS)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS)
10. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
11. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
12. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
13. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
14. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS)
I will upload themes for various indy/small studio games here.
1. Castle Crashers
2. Shovel Knight
3. Azure Striker Gunvolt
4. Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
5. Castle In The Darkness
6. Cthulhu Saves the World
7. Axiom Verge (Reupload. There was an issue with the gameplay video freezing at the 30 second mark)
8. Rise & Shine
9. Völgarr the Viking
11. Mark of the Ninja
12. Rogue Legacy
14. Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries
Moving on to the PlayStation. I'll be uploading themes for games in my collection (around 80ish). If you are looking for themes for any of the PlayStation Final Fantasy games, I have themes for all of those available here:
Just an FYI: I won't be uploading themes for Crash Bandicoot or most of the Mega Man games since @hevenik uploaded video themes for most all of these already. I have, however, modified the videos I'm using from his collections to be 16:9 (added a wallpaper with a blur to fill up the black space on the sides) and incorporated music from the game instead of sound effects of the game since this is what I prefer. If there is any interest in those, I will upload them here; just let me know. Otherwise, Hevenik has you covered for practically all Mega Man and Crash games. I will be doing a theme for Mega Man 8: Anniversary Collector's Edition since that is about the only thing not covered in his set.
1. The Adventure of Little Ralph
2. The Adventures of Lomax
4. Alundra 2: A New Legend Begins
5. Arc the Lad Collection
6. Blaster Master: Blasting Again
7. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
8. Brave Fencer Musashi
9. Breath of Fire III
10. Breath of Fire IV
11. Bushido Blade (@SNAK3ATER)
12. Bushido Blade 2 (@SNAK3ATER)
13. Castlevania Chronicles
14. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
15. Chrono Cross
16. Contra: Legacy of War
17. Darkstone: Evil Reigns
18. Dino Crisis
19. Dino Crisis 2
20. Dragon Valor
21. Dragon Warrior VII
23. Fear Effect
24. Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix
25. Front Mission 3
26. Future Cop L.A.P.D.
28. Gradius Gaiden
30. Harmful Park
31. Heart of Darkness
33. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
35. The Legend of Dragoon
36. Legend of Legaia
38. Legend of Mana
40. Re-Loaded: The Hardcore Sequel
42. Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
43. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
45. MediEvil II
46. Metal Gear Solid (@SNAK3ATER)
47. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
48. Omega Boost
49. Parasite Eve
50. Parasite Eve II
51. The Raiden Project
52. Rapid Reload
53. RayCrisis: Series Termination
54. Resident Evil: Director's Cut
55. Resident Evil (Standard version)
56. Resident Evil 2
57. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
58. R-Type Delta
59. SaGa Frontier
60. SaGa Frontier 2
61. Silent Hill
63. Strider 2
64. Tales of Destiny
65. Intelligent Qube (this was a special request for @RetroHumanoid)
66. Tales of Destiny II
67. Thousand Arms
68. Threads of Fate
69. Vagrant Story
70. Valkyrie Profile
71. Vandal Hearts
72. Vandal Hearts II
73. Wild Arms
74. Wild Arms 2
77. Mortal Kombat Trilogy (version 2)
78. Pepsiman (@SNAK3ATER)
This wraps up themes for PlayStation, aside from any special requests that may come along. I'll either be doing PlayStation 2 next or filling in the holes I have for Super Nintendo; haven't decided. When I do get to Super Nintendo, those themes will be at 1440x1080 so they have a 4:3 aspect ratio since the majority of the themes I already have for that system are 4:3 (will make versions of the Final Fantasy SNES themes to match this too sine the ones I made before are 16:9).
Keeping with Sony's platforms for now, so moving on to the PS2! I'm going to upload these in reverse order this time, so starting in the Zs. I'll have a little over hundred videos uploaded once this is finished.
For Final Fantasy themes, I already of most of the games for this platform available from the link below, but I still need to make one for Final Fantasy X and X International. I'm already using a theme made by someone else for X, but I will make a new one to finish out the PS2 themes for this series. I will upload those to that particular thread once they are done, instead of to this one, so check there if you are looking for them.
I've also already got a theme for Rez I made some time ago:
YouTube PS2 Playlist:
1. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
2. Zone of the Enders
3. Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
4. Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse 5. Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht 6. Wild Arms Alter Code: F 7. Wild Arms 5 8. Wild Arms 4 9. Wild Arms 3 10. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria 11. Twisted Metal: Black 12. Thunder Force VI 13. Tales of the Abyss 14. Tales of Legendia 15. The Sword of Etheria 16. Wild Arms 4 (version 2) 17. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time 18. Soul Calibur III 19. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves 20. Sly 2: Band of Thieves 21. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus 22. Silent HIll 4: The Room 23. Silent HIll 3 24. Silent Hill 2 25. Nightshade 26. Shinobi 27. Shadow of the Colossus 28. Shadow Hearts: From the New World 29. Shadow Hearts: Covenant 30. Shadow Hearts 31. Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 1: Phantasy Star Generation 1 32. Rygar: The Legendary Adventure 33. R-Type Final 34. Rogue Galaxy 35. Rez (version 2) 36. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal 37. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando 38. Ratchet & Clank 39. Raiden III 40. Radiata Stories 41. Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams 42. Onimusha 3: Demon Siege 43. Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny 44. Onimusha: Warlords 45. OKAGE: Shadow King 46. Odin Sphere 47. Final Fantasy X @Thornback 48. Musashi: Samurai Legend 49. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks 50. Metal Slug 6 51. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 52. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 53. Masters of the Universe Interactive - He-Man: Defender of Grayskull 54. Maximo vs. Army of Zin 55. Killzone @Thornback 56. Black @Thornback
Going to go ahead and start a thread for PC games. I have well over two hundred games, so I'll just be uploading new ones as I feel like doing them. I've already done a number, so I have links below for those. Newer themes will go into the playlist further below (starting with Dead Space) and will be downloadable from this page.
Update: 06/11/2020 - This thread was getting obnoxious so I removed all the other links I had here as I intend to re-visit a number of those older videos at some point since I was still pretty new to AE when I originally made those. I will probably clear out a number of these as well that are not the latest versions I've made. Someone had also asked me a while back if I could bundle these into one big upload, so I will do that once I clean up previous versions and the channel. I will still upload individually too, but after I get 50 or so new ones made I will add them to the overall "bundle" download.
Update 2: 06/11/2020 - So a bundled upload just isn't possible since I can't attach ZIP, RARs, 7z, etc.... so nevermind that idea. Sorry for those hoping for a bulk download from here.
Full list of videos below:
This is mainly just a placeholder; I won't be actively making SNES themes until I get more done for PC and finish PS2 (and I'm also waiting to see if there will be more HyperSpin themes made available, too). In any case I'll be doing these in 4:3 to keep them the same as the HyperSpin themes @Riffman81 has already uploaded. I will do each one in two different flavors: One with a soundtrack and one with just the game audio (no soundtrack in the filename). I'll also be adding soundtracks to all of the HyperSpin themes I've downloaded since that is what I like and unless there is interest, I probably won't upload those versions, but putting it out there in case there is. This will also be the home for Super Famicom themes once I get around to those.
1. Super Metroid
2. Super Metroid (no soundtrack)
3. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
4. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (no soundtrack)
5. Super Metroid (MSU-1)
6. Super Metroid (MSU-1) - no soundtrack
7. Final Fantasy III
8. Final Fantasy III (no soundtrack)
9. Super Castlevania IV
10. Super Castlevania IV (no soundtrack)
11. Final Fantasy II
12. Final Fantasy II (no soundtrack)
13. Star Fox
14. Star Fox (no soundtrack)
15. Contra III: The Alien Wars
16. Contra III: The Alien Wars (no soundtrack)
17. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (MSU-1)
18. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (MSU-1) - no soundtrack
19. Actraiser (MSU-1)
20. Actraiser (MSU-1) - no soundtrack
21. Secret of Mana (MSU-1)
22. Secret of Mana (MSU-1) - no soundtrack
23. Mega Man X (MSU-1)
24. Mega Man X (MSU-1) - no soundtrack
25. Super Mario World (MSU-1)
26. Super Mario World (MSU-1) - no soundtrack
27. F-Zero (MSU-1)
28. F-Zero (MSU-1) - no soundtrack
A theme video for MSU-1 enhanced games. I use a separate platform category for these, so I made a video for anyone else that does the same. The song is called "Catharsis" by Geoplex. You can download for free at Newgrounds: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/724826
Posted 3 hours ago (edited) · Report post
MSU-1 Platform Theme Video (16:9)
If you are unfamiliar with MSU-1: MSU-1 (Media Streaming Unit – Revision 1) is a Super Nintendo-only, processing architecture developed by Byuu, author of the bsnes/Higan emulator. This technology brings a realization to “what could have been” had Nintendo not abandoned the deal with Sony to develop a CD-ROM add-on for the Super Nintendo. Instead of getting the Sony PlayStation as a standalone console, it would have been the Nintendo Play Station CD-ROM attachment for the Super Nintedo.
This technology allows for an additional 4GBs of storage for Super Nintendo games. It’s primary use, thus far, has been to create CD quality soundtracks for Super Nintendo games. It can also be used to add FMVs (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past) and, in some case, allows for games to be ported to the Super Nintendo (the Sega CD FMV game Road Avenger has been ported to the Super Nintendo using this technology).
In many cases, the CD soundtracks have been provided, royalty-free, but there are some exceptions and you must buy the soundtracks from the composer(s) (Chrono Trigger being one such case).
Currently, Byuu’s own emulator is compatible with this technology (the bsnes cores in RetroArch are also compatible) and SNES9X (as of version 1.54 - thanks for the correction @lordmonkus) as is the Super Nintendo flash cartridge, SD2SNES.
There are currently 10 games that have patches to make use of this technology (all of them featured in the video), but it is technically compatible with all Super Nintendo games, should any one decide to put in the leg work to make a patch.
More info on this is here:
This was requested by @BlueArrowUK. The filesize is a little bit large-ish (250MB), but it's also just over 4 minutes in length.
Hope you guys enjoy it!
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Sonic Playlist folder.
Hope you all enjoy it! It was a toss up between the Juno Reactor's remix of Traci Lords's "Control" or Napalm Death's "Twist the Knife Slowly" from the original movie soundtrack. Decided on this one, but if someone would prefer the Napalm Death track, just let me know and I can upload a version with it, though I'd probably take out the gong sound effect and the two "Get over here" and "Fight" sound bites from that one.
@angelobodetti, Here it is!
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your MK Playlist folder.
Version 2 video below.
Playlist theme for the Mega Man series. This is a "catch-all" theme since I put all Mega Man games into one category, so it is good for Mega Man X, as well.
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Mega Man Playlist folder.
Collection theme for the DOOM Series by request of @Robin55
Hope you all enjoy!
Here it is! Took a while, but I think I'm happy with this.
i tried to make this one a little extra special, so I hope you all enjoy it, too. There's a little reference in the video that fans of Nintendo Power will surely remember.
The background song is "TheFatRat - Jackpot". Newgrounds page: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/713137
This is a small collection of box art fronts and clear logos for the WiiWare titles I have in my collection. The archive contains logos and box art for the following:
Adventure Island: The Beginning
Alien Crush Returns
Blaster Master: Overdrive
Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Retro City Rampage: DX
Space Invaders Get Even
Attached is box art and clear logos for the Super Famicom games I have in my collection. Some of this is scrapable, but not all of it is (can't recall which ones are or aren't), so I've packaged up everything I have since I know some of these I had to dig for or make logos for. The archive includes box art and logos for:
Battle Zeque Den
Dragon Quest I.II
Dragon Quest III: Soshite Densetsu e...
Dragon Quest V: Tenkuu no Hanayome
Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi
Final Fantasy V
Front Mission: Gun Hazard
Kishin Douji Zenki: Denei Raibu
Rendering Ranger R2
Return of Double Dragon
Rockman & Forte
Seiken Densetsu 3
Tales of Phantasia
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun
Ys V: Ushinawareta Suna no Miyako Kefin
Attached are boxes and clear logos for MSU-1 enhanced games from my collection. I also included an MP3 for each game that I converted from the PCMs, as well as a platform logo (in case you are using a separate platform category for these, like me).