Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'issues'.
Found 3 results
(Forgive any formatting issues, it's my first time posting here.) Hi there, recently I have been having some weird and frustrating issues with both LaunchBox and BigBox. Launchbox itself works perfectly, however it immediately freezes whenever I try to go to options. BigBox, however, I can hardly get to launch. I see the splash screen and it just sits there. Any clicks on it and it will show up as not responding, in the task manager it starts at ~27% then almost immediately drops to 0% CPU while the whole time still using almost 1GB RAM. If I just leave it alone it takes roughly 10 minutes to finally launch. I have my installation on my SSD, to try and troubleshoot I installed it on my 1TB HDD and only imported 2 games, still the same thing. I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue before? What I'm running: Windows 10 Pro Intel i7-9700K 16GB DDR4 RAM GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 512GB NVME (Windows) 256GB SSD (LaunchBox) 1TB HDD (Misc) 4,500+ games Running just the stock theme
Time and again, if I load in a ROMset into LaunchBox, I have to manually add all my images, because the cover images downloaded by the front end from your database and providers is either incorrect or of such low quality that I don't want to use it. I have had to do this with practically every system I have set up, from Atari 2600 and Odyssey2 to TG-16 and Sega Saturn. I find myself relying heavily on GameFAQs for cover images, which are often of much higher quality scanning and resolution, and usually from a better physical condition source as well (MobyGames is another I end up relying on, but generally only for MS-DOS games). My suggestion would be to offer GameFAQs as a location to scrape images from, as they have better images overall for just about every game in your database as well as for tons of games for all systems that are not even in your database (and were not even in the previous gamesdb database...). Might even be a good idea to try to partner with them for the database itself, honestly... I love the front end, don't take this wrong, it is exactly what I was looking for for a long time (and I don't even use Big Box, though with the new coverflow themes I might - just don't need all that other information). It's simply that it's a lot of work and very time consuming to set up this way, especially for a system like GameBoy Advance with over a couple thousand unique games, and it seems to me it should be a goal to make it much easier to make the gamelists look pretty, since that's half the benefit of a front end like this. Looking pretty is challenging when the cover images look like dirt.