LaunchBox Community Forums

Finding Your Steam Custom URL

Jason Carr

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a note in case anyone else runs into this -

The box that the instructions told me was supposed to show my name was blank, and the formatting of the URL didn't actually contain my id but rather a random long number, and entering my user name or that number did not allow Launchbox to access my account.

I manually entered my user name into the blank box of the "Custom URL" line on the "Edit My Profile" page, and saved the changes, and after that Launchbox was able to access my account.

Edited by therealjohnny05
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I already submitted a bug report, but I suggest not doing automatic imports from Steam since trying to click on a game, even if it's just to edit stuff, results in an automatic crash. Manually adding in games from PC, Origin, or whatever, seems to be working fine, though. Even manually adding Steam games seems to result in a crash, at least for me.

edit: Turns out the bug is caused by the annoying thing Steam and Origin sometimes do when they forget your game is installed and you have to verify your game files and whatnot. If you have to redo the verification thing, Launchbox crashes now even when you're doing nothing but editing metadata versus trying to play the game. Once you verify the files, things are functioning like normal again.

Edited by Cypher

• 3 months later...

I'm currently not able to import steam games using version 8.2-beta-2, it says 'your steam account can't be accessed'. I can 100% confirm that my profile is set to public and that I'm inputting it correctly! Is there anything else that can be causing this issue?

Steam has broken the API that Jason had for Steam imports He is working either on getting a new api or switching to a method where the users will get their own api key and use it. Not sure which one he is going to decide on or when the fix will be ready. Your patience is appreciated though.

• Like 1

Hello I have trying to import steam games a week, I have change options to private and pubblic , everything on the my profile like Name and Nickname, that still not working, I have used it on 2016 worked very well,

how it possible still having problems to connect

Nickname always have been ok /

It is currently broken for all users Steam killed the LB API. Jason will be either making another one or switching to a system where you get your own API until that happens and a beta is pushed out to support it users will have to wait patiently. I really wish people would read the other posts of the threads they post in then I wouldn't have to keep explaining this

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DOS76 said:

It is currently broken for all users Steam killed the LB API. Jason will be either making another one or switching to a system where you get your own API until that happens and a beta is pushed out to support it users will have to wait patiently. I really wish people would read the other posts of the threads they post in then I wouldn't have to keep explaining this

You should simply make a pop up notification inside launchbox if you want to avoid that spam

That would be great but I only give support on the forums it would require @Jason Carr to add the notification to either the program or the forum. Really if a user made their own thread and posted it would be understandable but to just jump on another thread and not read what anyone else has written and post something that is answered only a few post above is just frustrating or at least it was at 8:45 this morning.

42 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

That would be great but I only give support on the forums it would require @Jason Carr to add the notification to either the program or the forum. Really if a user made their own thread and posted it would be understandable but to just jump on another thread and not read what anyone else has written and post something that is answered only a few post above is just frustrating or at least it was at 8:45 this morning.

People who don’t read a post 3 posts above should just have their posts deleted. It clutters it up for people coming here seeking actual information. You responded, said the issue, anyone saying they have the issue after should have their post cleared and be warned to read what’s already posted. Dimishing the community and LB admin/dev’s hard work, to clutter up the forum with garbage.

Maybe it’s just 8pm for me, I don’t know.