LaunchBox Community Forums

Finding Your Steam Custom URL

Jason Carr

Just now, EXTIINCT said:

Oh as soon as i sent that post it updated lol. Well I think with the help you guys posted i should be able to get it. Cheers

Yeah sounds like you had background downloads on, so it only prompts once it is fully downloaded. If you uncheck that you will be prompted straight away, but will have to wait for the download.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Before I begin I have read all the previous posts on all pages. I have followed everything to the letter. Privacy is public, have my API key, have the latest version, downloaded today. But  I still cannot import my steam games. What am I doing wrong or do I give up and go with another program just so I can play my games on a big screen.

44 minutes ago, charlie69er said:

Before I begin I have read all the previous posts on all pages. I have followed everything to the letter. Privacy is public, have my API key, have the latest version, downloaded today. But  I still cannot import my steam games. What am I doing wrong or do I give up and go with another program just so I can play my games on a big screen.

I have just checked here on my system and the steam importer is working just fine.i just went tools/import/steam games entered my username and api and it found my games just fine.

image.thumb.png.6b4e0473faa784d79887b3c593f5a1d3.png

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 8:25 AM, charlie69er said:

On 10/28/2018 at 9:12 AM, memeforlife said:

im on 8.3 and I don't see an option to put ur username and I still can't put my steam games

I just tested as well and everything is working fine with the latest official release (8.9). @memeforlife I'm not sure if 8.3 was affected, but we did have previous issues with Steam revoking our API keys, which is why we're having the user get their own API keys now. You may have to upgrade if that's the issue, but I'm not sure exactly what you're running into. As far the user name, it should be as easy as starting up the wizard and entering your custom URL into the field on the second screen (that's your user name):

image.thumb.png.630d807da5f79eef2df705d7d561a43a.png@charlie69er We'll need more details as far as what is happening in order to help you out. Are you seeing an error message? What's the error? Exactly what is happening that is not working for you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...