LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

I also found some things that aren't incorrect, but there is a better translation, now that i'm see the translation in the program: On Sidebar: Publicadora can be changed for Distribuido Por Contadores de Jogo can be changed for Vezes Jogadas On Edit Game dialog: Jogado Quantas Vezes can be changed for Vezes Jogadas

Alright guys; I've done a lot of work in the past few days to help automate the translations. There was previously far too much legwork required, so hopefully this will help. Below are the latest translation packages. I also added this list to the beginning of the thread (that is what I will update on a regular basis). Basically, every time I deploy a new beta, these downloads will be automatically updated. @Afaustini, unfortunately it's too much manual legwork to have to move all of the translated text out of this thread and into the translation files on a regular basis, so I'm hoping that this is a better solution. @CliveBarker @cyanjiang @AFaustini @davyfreeman @Klamp @Wattoo - The important thing is that we make sure to download the latest translation packages from the list *before* updating them, so that we don't lose any changes. Thank you guys so much. Latest Translation Files Downloads: Spanish Simplified Chinese Brazilian Portuguese German French

Hi Jason, So, if I understand correctly, the links for the translation files in the MAIN POST will be the ones that will be always updated right? Also, what its the recommended mechanic here, like, do you recommend us to translate every beta or wait a few betas and translate? How can we know if there is new stuff to translate in X beta? Sorry for all these questions I just want to know to establish a translation routine on my side.

No problem, Clive. Thanks for following up; it's good to provide clarification on that stuff. I just updated all of the translation packages, so they are all currently up to date, with all new translations for 5.0. There's a lot of new stuff this time because it's a rather large release, especially with Big Box. The translation packages will be updated with every new beta, so if you want to, you could update after every new beta. But in general, that's probably *way* too much work and it's mostly unnecessary. I think the best approach will likely be to wait until we're close to ready for the actual release, and then they can be done in batch. Things change quite frequently between betas, so what I will do is notify everyone when we're close to ready for a release, and then we can update the translations. How's that sound? We are indeed close to ready to release 5.0, though, so now would be a good time to go ahead and do the 5.0 translations. I don't think the languages will change much (if at all) before 5.0 hits.

Oh, and yes, the links in the main post will be the updated ones. However, the links won't change; I'm only updating the downloads behind them (I set them to never cache so hopefully that won't be a problem). Also @CliveBarker, did you see my post a few back about the new setup? :)

Lol, one more thing guys. If you have a translation under way (you're in the process of translating and have an outdated set), don't worry about updating it if it gets updated here. You can go ahead and finish that set, and then I can merge in the changes, and then afterwards you can download a new set and fill in the holes. We just need to make sure that once you submit translation files to me, we'll need to wait until I have them integrated and a new download is ready before any further changes are made, to make sure that nothing is lost/overwritten.

Jason Carr said Just put out a new beta; I've fixed the issues that @cyanjiang found with the Simplified Chinese translation, and added @AFaustini's Brazilian Portuguese translation. :) Also, the new setup I've built is localizable as well, which is great. Can you guys translate the following for me so I can fix up the setup? WelcomeLabel1=Welcome to the [name] Portable Setup Wizard This wizard will install [name/ver] on your computer.%n%nPlease note that LaunchBox is a portable application; the installer will not touch any files outside of the destination folder.%n%nStart menu icons will be created if not deselected in the wizard. ClickNext=Please click Next to continue, or Cancel to exit the wizard. ExitSetupMessage=The setup process has not completed; LaunchBox has not been installed.%n%nYou may run the setup again at another time to complete the installation. Do you wish to exit the setup? LicenseLabel=Please read the following license agreement. LicenseLabel3=You must accept the terms of this agreement before continuing with the installation. SelectDirLabel3=Please do not install LaunchBox into your Program Files folder; it will not function properly. SelectDirBrowseLabel=%nLaunchBox is a portable application and must be installed to a location with full write permissions for your user account.%n%nIf you use Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive, we would suggest installing LaunchBox there.%n%nOtherwise, your user folder (default) or your Documents folder are good options.%n Website=%1 Website Forums=%1 Forums Wiki=%1 Wiki CreateDesktopIcon=Create &desktop icons Ignore what's to the left of the = sign; that's just the ID of the string. As always, thank you guys a million times over. :)
<br / WelcomeLabel1=Bienvenido al Asistente Portable de Instalación de [nombre] WelcomeLabel2=Este Asistente instalará [nombre/ver] en tu computadora.%n%nPor favor, nota que LaunchBox es una aplicación portable; el instalador no tocará ningun archivo fuera de la carpeta destino.%n%nLos Íconos del Menú de Inicio serán creados en caso de que esta opción no sea deseleccionada en el asistente. ClickNext=Por favor haz click en Siguiente para continuar, o de lo contrario, haz click en Cancelar para salir del asistente. ExitSetupMessage=El proceso de instalación no ha sido completado; LaunchBox no ha sido instalado.%n%nPuedes ejecutar el instalador después para completar la instalación. ¿Deseas salir del instalador? LicenseLabel=Por favor lee el siguiente acuerdo de licencia. LicenseLabel3=Debes aceptar los términos de este acuerdo antes de continuar con la instalación. SelectDirLabel3=Por favor no instales LaunchBox dentro de tu carpeta de Programas; ya que no funcionará correctamente. SelectDirBrowseLabel=%nLaunchBox es una aplicación portable y deberá ser instalada en una zona con permisos de escritura completos de tu cuenta de usuario.%n%nSi usas Dropbox, Google Drive, o One Drive te sugerimos instalar LaunchBox ahí.%n%nDe otra manera, tu carpeta de usuario predeterminada o tu carpeta de Documentos, son buenas opciones.%n Website=%1 Sitio Web Forums=%1 Foros Wiki=%1 Wiki CreateDesktopIcon=Crear &íconos de escritorio. Here it is Jason, the Setup translation! And thanks for the answers I will do as you recommend

Jason Carr said Oh, and yes, the links in the main post will be the updated ones. However, the links won't change; I'm only updating the downloads behind them (I set them to never cache so hopefully that won't be a problem). Also @CliveBarker, did you see my post a few back about the new setup? :)
@Jason Carr, i send new slightly updated files. Won`t be easier to change the translation files to .ini files, to became easier editable. When we translate we only can see the final work after you put our files on program. That way sometimes we make mistakes in some strings.

Thank you @CliveBarker! I have the setup updated for the next beta. @AFaustini, the trouble with something more simple like INI files is that there's a *lot* more complication involved in the translations than just the text. Every form/window needs adjusted to fix overlapping elements, sizes, etc. for each language. I've used the standard approach for .NET Windows applications in order to allow for all of that without horrible complications. I realize that it's not the easiest thing in the world to work with, but I do think it's a good compromise. Changing it up to use something more simple like INI files would be a ton of work on my part, and the end result would be problematic. So my apologies that it's not easier to work with; I do really appreciate all the work you and everyone else is putting in. :)

@Jason Carr I fully understand. I`m not a developer, i doesn`t fully understand this issues. There is only one typo left, and i doesn`t found it on the translation files. In the Details sidebar pane, where is typed Publicadora, the better translation is Distribuido por

Hey guys, I just put out a new beta with the updated Spanish translation (thanks to @CliveBarker) and the new French translation (thanks to @Klamp). @Klamp, we'll need to review all of the forms to check for overlapping elements, etc. Give it a review if you can and I can fix whatever needs fixed. :) @PattersonCZ, I just created a new set of translation files for Czech: http://api.launchbox-app.com/DownloadLanguage.ashx?l=cs-CZ Thanks much and I'll look forward to adding the Czech translation. The instructions for everything are at the beginning of this thread. :)

@Klamp, can you translate these for the setup? WelcomeLabel1=Welcome to the [name] Portable Setup Wizard WelcomeLabel2=This wizard will install [name/ver] on your computer.%n%nPlease note that LaunchBox is a portable application; the installer will not touch any files outside of the destination folder.%n%nStart menu icons will be created if not deselected in the wizard. ClickNext=Please click Next to continue, or Cancel to exit the wizard. ExitSetupMessage=The setup process has not completed; LaunchBox has not been installed.%n%nYou may run the setup again at another time to complete the installation. Do you wish to exit the setup? LicenseLabel=Please read the following license agreement. LicenseLabel3=You must accept the terms of this agreement before continuing with the installation. SelectDirLabel3=Please do not install LaunchBox into your Program Files folder; it will not function properly. SelectDirBrowseLabel=%nLaunchBox is a portable application and must be installed to a location with full write permissions for your user account.%n%nIf you use Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive, we would suggest installing LaunchBox there.%n%nOtherwise, your user folder (default) or your Documents folder are good options.%n Website=%1 Website Forums=%1 Forums Wiki=%1 Wiki CreateDesktopIcon=Create &desktop icons Ignore what's to the left of the = sign; that's just the ID of the string. Thank you!

All, just one more heads-up. Before the 5.0 release there will be a few small release notes that will need translated. If we can't get them in, it's not a huge deal, but hopefully we can. I keep putting off the 5.0 release, but I expect that it should be out in a couple weeks.