LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

It's that time again guys, time to translate for a release! I'm hoping to put out the official 8.0 release on Wednesday or Thursday morning.

Going forward, the release notes that we've been translating directly in this thread have been moved into the Strings.resx file, so they can be translated in the same way, which should make it easier. The new Markup80Changes and MarkupNewInstall items do have a small bit of HTML, but it should be easy enough just to copy them and then translate the sections inline. Let me know if anyone has trouble with this.

As always, thank you all so very much.

@CliveBarker @AFaustini @Wattoo @Opak @dukeemu @cyanjiang @Bardock @MajKSA

@sxetikos Take your time with the translation process; I'll disable the translation for the 8.0 official release and then we can re-enable it again for the next beta. We'll have a bunch of testing to do, so it's better not to push it for 8.0 release.

@gamehacker Are you confident in the Traditional Chinese translation at this point? Have you fully tested it all? Think it's ready for the official release?

49 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It's that time again guys, time to translate for a release! I'm hoping to put out the official 8.0 release on Wednesday or Thursday morning.

Going forward, the release notes that we've been translating directly in this thread have been moved into the Strings.resx file, so they can be translated in the same way, which should make it easier. The new Markup80Changes and MarkupNewInstall items do have a small bit of HTML, but it should be easy enough just to copy them and then translate the sections inline. Let me know if anyone has trouble with this.

As always, thank you all so very much.

@CliveBarker @AFaustini @Wattoo @Opak @dukeemu @cyanjiang @Bardock @MajKSA

@sxetikos Take your time with the translation process; I'll disable the translation for the 8.0 official release and then we can re-enable it again for the next beta. We'll have a bunch of testing to do, so it's better not to push it for 8.0 release.

@gamehacker Are you confident in the Traditional Chinese translation at this point? Have you fully tested it all? Think it's ready for the official release?

yes.i have fully tested it.and it is ready for the official release,tks!

• Like 1

Thank you @Bardock and @dukeemu! I have the translations updated for the next beta which should be out shortly.

@Bardock I've fixed it up, so no worries, but when you do the translations for the new "Markup" fields, if you would please copy and paste the English text and just change the text instead of re-typing it, that would be tremendously helpful. The markup went haywire because of some extra spaces (HTML is really picky sometimes). Thanks again! :)

It seems that @Izzy hasn't translated a lot to Swedish, or am I wrong here? I took a look at the Swedish translation linked in the OP and... well the "translated" files are all 5Kb and empty. Completely empty.
So I could gladly take over the Swedish translation. I've translated several apps before and I don't have much of anything else to do these days :P

7 hours ago, Goldug said:

It seems that @Izzy hasn't translated a lot to Swedish, or am I wrong here? I took a look at the Swedish translation linked in the OP and... well the "translated" files are all 5Kb and empty. Completely empty.
So I could gladly take over the Swedish translation. I've translated several apps before and I don't have much of anything else to do these days :P

@Goldug Absolutely! That'd be wonderful. I don't believe we've heard from @Izzy for quite some time, so I'm guessing it's not happening.

23 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@Goldug Absolutely! That'd be wonderful. I don't believe we've heard from @Izzy for quite some time, so I'm guessing it's not happening.

Okay! Hit me up with the files to be translated, the ones in the OP seems to be a bit broken for me (the Swedish files). Unless he actually didn't translate anything, in which case I'll just start from scratch.

15 minutes ago, Goldug said:

Okay! Hit me up with the files to be translated, the ones in the OP seems to be a bit broken for me (the Swedish files). Unless he actually didn't translate anything, in which case I'll just start from scratch.

That would be correct. I don't believe I ever received any actual translated files from him, so we're starting from scratch here, sadly. Please do carefully read the first few posts of this thread though, because there are a few gotchas. Thank you so much! :)

• Like 1