LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

On 4/9/2018 at 1:29 PM, Opak said:

Hey @Jason Carr I just checked out the newest beta, it looks great. But the three dots in the menus look weird. They make sense when describing a running process or in some cases like "Save as..." or "Launch with...".

Maybe it's just me, but i changed it in the files attached below.

Language-de-DE LB 8.2 fix.rar

Thanks Opak, I have that update in. Planning on putting out the official release shortly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there. Just reporting, the Spanish translation is seriously outdated, I stopped translating around a year ago and I cannot remember which was the last version I did. I do not recommend anyone using it, unless you want to have Spanglish all over your interface. I cannot give a date for it to be updated and revamped, sorry. I have been silently moderating the Games Database and I feel very comfortable doing that, is the thing I feel ok doing in this moment of my life. Just wanted to let you know Jason.

1 hour ago, CliveBarker said:

Hey there. Just reporting, the Spanish translation is seriously outdated, I stopped translating around a year ago and I cannot remember which was the last version I did. I do not recommend anyone using it, unless you want to have Spanglish all over your interface. I cannot give a date for it to be updated and revamped, sorry. I have been silently moderating the Games Database and I feel very comfortable doing that, is the thing I feel ok doing in this moment of my life. Just wanted to let you know Jason.

Thank you Clive. I'll modify the first post to note that we're looking for another Spanish translator. :)

Hey guys, I am willing to help out with the spanish translation.
Spanish is my mother tongue, although I must clarify that I am not from Spain, so my translation will be in neutral spanish or latin spanish.
Let me know if that works for you guys and I'm in :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Spanish is my mother tongue, although I must clarify that I am not from Spain, so my translation will be in neutral spanish or latin spanish.

Thanks Kondorito, I think Neutral Spanish is the best version since our language is used in many countries with different flavors of it. If you run into a problem or have a doubt about the translation let me know via message

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Killer! Check out the first few posts of this topic and feel free to get started whenever you can @Kondorito. HUGE thanks for whatever you can do. :)

34 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Killer! Check out the first few posts of this topic and feel free to get started whenever you can @Kondorito. HUGE thanks for whatever you can do. :)

Glad to help :) 
So, I get the Zeta editor, download the Spanish pack from the first post and work with those resx files? Or is there a newer spanish pack that you need to provide me?

1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

Glad to help :) 
So, I get the Zeta editor, download the Spanish pack from the first post and work with those resx files? Or is there a newer spanish pack that you need to provide me?

Exactly. The Spanish pack that is listed there is automatically updated every time I put out a new beta or official release. :)

• Thanks 1