LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

Jason Carr said Oh, "personal notes" is a custom field in your collection, Clive. If you remove it from all games it will disappear. Did you send me the updated translation files? Thanks!
hahahaha oops, I forgot I made that custom field sorry, I was using the English version of LaunchBox when I made that custom field. And I will send you the corrected translations files right now,I was just waiting for confirmation about "Personal Notes"...

• 2 months later...
Hey all, sorry it's been so long. We rushed out the 5.8 release due to the downtime issues with TheGamesDB. We're about ready to release version 5.9 later this week so now's the time to update the translations. :) The following resource files have changed since 5.7: Strings.resx AboutForm.resx AddEditForm.resx AddEditPlatformForm.resx AlreadyRunningForm.resx BulkEditWizardForm.resx CleanUpImagesForm.resx ConfigureEmuMoviesForm.resx ConnectForm.resx DosBoxConfigForm.resx DownloadImagesForm.resx DownloadMetadataWizardForm.resx EmulatorForm.resx ExportGamesWizardForm.resx ImportGamesFromFilesWizardForm.resx ImportGamesFromSteamWizardForm.resx ImportGamesWizardForm.resx InstallDosGameWizardForm.resx LicenseRegistrationForm.resx MainForm.resx ManageEmulatorsForm.resx ManagePlatformsForm.resx OptionsForm.resx SavedFilterForm.resx SplashForm.resx SyncForm.resx UpdaterForm.resx Thank you all! :)

Thank you @CliveBarker and @Wattoo, just put out a new beta with the updated language files. Can you guys translate these release notes? Once we're happy with the translations I'll go ahead and put out a new version. New optional VLC video playback engine 7-zip, RAR, and Zip archive support for ROMs XInput support for controllers My Collection syncing to the cloud Thanks!

Hi! ^_^ I'm new in this part of the forums. :D I just wanted to know a couple of things: First: I've downloaded the spanish translation files and after a couple of minutes reading, I've found a bunch of errors (typos, speeling errors, etc.) that I can fix easily since Spanish is my native language. Should I modify those files and then upload them here or there's a better way I can use to help here? Second: Can I use quotes inside text values? Example: A mi gato le pusimos "Puchi" de nombre. I'll wait for your answer. :D

New optional VLC video playback engine 7-zip, RAR, and Zip archive support for ROMs XInput support for controllers My Collection syncing to the cloud
French : Nouveau : possibilité de choisir VLC comme moteur de lecture vidéo Gestion des archives 7-zip, RAR et Zip pour les ROMs Gestion d'XInput pour les contrôleurs Synchronisation de Ma Collection dans le cloud

GatoSoft said Hi! ^_^ I'm new in this part of the forums. :D I just wanted to know a couple of things: First: I've downloaded the spanish translation files and after a couple of minutes reading, I've found a bunch of errors (typos, speeling errors, etc.) that I can fix easily since Spanish is my native language. Should I modify those files and then upload them here or there's a better way I can use to help here? Second: Can I use quotes inside text values? Example: A mi gato le pusimos "Puchi" de nombre. I'll wait for your answer. :D
You can fix whatever errors you find and send them to Jason at his Gmail. About the quotes, I don't think its a good idea but only Jason can clarify that. Why do you feel like you need quotes?

CliveBarker said
GatoSoft said Hi! ^_^ I'm new in this part of the forums. :D I just wanted to know a couple of things: First: I've downloaded the spanish translation files and after a couple of minutes reading, I've found a bunch of errors (typos, speeling errors, etc.) that I can fix easily since Spanish is my native language. Should I modify those files and then upload them here or there's a better way I can use to help here? Second: Can I use quotes inside text values? Example: A mi gato le pusimos "Puchi" de nombre. I'll wait for your answer. :D
You can fix whatever errors you find and send them to Jason at his Gmail. About the quotes, I don't think its a good idea but only Jason can clarify that. Why do you feel like you need quotes?
It could be used to indicate object's names. For example, we can change... Presiona Siguiente para proceder, o Atrás para hacer cambios. ...by using: Presiona "Siguiente" para proceder, o "Atrás" para hacer cambios. It could make it clear for people to understand that the software is talking about action buttons in the dialog window. Also, it looks neater to the eyes. Just my opinion... ^_^

I don't speak Spanish but if it was English I would just feel that the quotes don't serve any purpose. Quotes are used to quote thing and in writing code no need to use them in an instruction. If you don't recognize next as a button or back then I don't think the quotes are going to solve the problem that you may be having.

Back and Next buttons were just an example, but I've found code with things like "Ordenar Título" that was hard to realize (al least to me) what was that talking about. xD Anyway... that was just my humble opinion. Maybe quoting what a button, section or window title says isn't a good idea after all. :P

Thank you @CliveBarker and @Wattoo; I have the translations and the release notes in a beta. I'll be putting out the beta tomorrow once I'm done testing some stuff with MAME. Per the quotes, I guess my preference would be to mimic whatever the English version is doing, unless it translates badly for some reason.