LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Merch T-Shirt Design Contest!

Jason Carr

Sigh, I have to admit that my experience with Spreadshirt has been very poor at best. That heavily influenced my decision to remove the store from the top menu. The store is still available, but my experience with Spreadshirt has been so terrible that I can't even recommend it to people. Back when I first put the store up I had mugs up there. I ordered all the products to test them so I could be certain the quality was up to snuff. The mugs I received were so terribly done that I had to completely remove them as products. The logos were crooked on both mugs. There were printing artifacts. It was like a bad joke. I'm tempted to just completely disable it. Sorry for that, Stimpy. I hope it washes out.

I also greatly apologize, it is ridiculous. The sad part is, unless we create the shop on our own and pre-purchase the shirts from a business that does this sort of thing it would just take a lot more time and space. Spreadshirt was supposed to be easy due to the fact that we don't need to pre-purchase and we don't need to manage it. There aren't any easy solutions. xD

No need for apologizes guys (but thanks), as it wasn't your fault. Hopefully, it'll wash-out. Naturally, I just did laundry yesterday, but I gotta wash it soon to see what happens. I'll be writing them either way, but if it doesn't come clean, my message to them (after I get a refund) will be more unpleasant. Wink P.S. Too bad SpreadShirt folks didn't take more pride in their work, as their business model seems useful.

SentaiBrad said So if you need the color values: Blue: #3bbffe Purple: #bb4ab7 Yellow Green: #ceed07 Red Orange: #ff4900
Ah, crap. Guess I'd appreciate some technical assistance with this logo. I opened the PNG file in Post #54 with Corel PaintShop Pro 8 and ACDSee Ultimate 9 and got these results: (The RGB values were 'calculated' by Google, and the Logo values are what PSP and ACDSee said the color was when I hovered over it). Blue [3bbffe] - RGB 59,191,254 Blue [3bbffe] - Logo 59,190,239 Purple [bb4ab7] - RGB 187,74,183 Purple [bb4ab7] - Logo 148,66,145 Yellow/Green [ceed07] - RGB 206,237,7 Yellow/Green [ceed07] - Logo 242,229,0 Red/Orange [ff4900] - RGB 255,73,0 Red/Orange [ff4900] - Logo 233,88,28 I don't understand why I'm not getting the colors exactly as Brad set them. Confused I suppose I could just change the colors to what they're supposed to be...but it's baffling me. Smile

RGB, I think. Confused When I'm, say, hovering over a blue section, aside from the coordinates of the cursor, in the lower-right corner it says: (R:59,G:190,B:239,O:255) -- Image: 4000 x 667 x RGB - 8 bits/channel Would this clearly indicate it was operating in the RGB space?

So this is what it shows me in Photoshop: https://i.imgur.com/ZoJeiuQ.png https://i.imgur.com/ODh9er2.png You'll get RGB Values even if it is using a different color space, it will just be based on the color space you have. Here is the same color picked but instead in CMYK: https://i.imgur.com/LL826vw.png

What do you suggest I do, Brad, to insure accurate colors? I going to my local 'T-Shirt Embroidery Shop" soon, and the proprietor wants a JPG or PDF (?) file format for the logo. At this shop, the 'set-up fee' for a logo is about 25$. But it will remain 'on file', so once the setup-fee is paid for, no one else needs to pay for it, but only for the T-Shirt and embroidered emblem. Anyway, I wanna make sure it's just right, in case any other Forum members wanna order though this shop, so they can avoid their own set-up fee.

Cadet Stimpy said Not so much...Frown In fairness, that darkest spot isn't that dark - there's a bit of a shadow there. But as you can see, it didn't come 'completely clean' by any means. Suggestions for givin' SpreadShirt some grief are welcome. Laugh
Well, I decided to not be too much of a dick in my message to them, and here's their response: Hello Mike, Thank you for your email. We appreciate you sending us the picture and apologize for the mistake with your order. We will process a refund of the product back to the payment method used at the time of purchase. You may keep the defective product, for the inconvenience. We apologize for the issue and appreciate your understanding in the matter. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. Sincerely, Chelsea Customer Service P.S. Was the answer of any help for you? Please provide your feedback here and receive a 5% coupon for a future purchase! Spreadshirt - The world's creative apparel platform! Toll Free: 1-800-381-0815 Australia: +61 3 8373 8602 Phone: 724-832-1993 Fax: 1-877-202-0251 Are you a Spreadshirt shop owner? Visit our Shop Owner Forum!

• 1 year later...