LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

New Fields

wirtual82    7

Fields important to me:

1. Theme

2. Other available platforms a game was released on, so -  "Conversion hardware" or "Conversions" field

3. Setting field (this is a field that Mobygames offers)

You could also add Perspective (top-down etc.), related games, scrolltype (sinlge screen), dimension, viewpoint fields. 

Edited by wirtual82
  • Like 1

heelsinc    19
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:47 AM, wirtual82 said:

2. Other available platforms a game was released on, so -  "Conversion hardware" or "Conversions" field

I would love this or an "exclusive" tick box to be there this way people can mark if a game was exclusive to a system. 

damageinc86    53

I'd like for that exclusive tick box to be automatically ticked if it was an exclusive, which of course would require work to the database to have that info there in the first place. But that would be so cool, then another option on top of that which allowed you to tick under each platform "display exclusives only". 

heelsinc    19
34 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I'd like for that exclusive tick box to be automatically ticked if it was an exclusive, which of course would require work to the database to have that info there in the first place. But that would be so cool, then another option on top of that which allowed you to tick under each platform "display exclusives only". 

Right exactly.  If it's ticked in the DB it should be auto populated in launchbox/big box and even be a sort by option.

flores9    14

I would like a related games fields, if you select a game then it will show you other games that has belong to its serie or the same game in other platforms.

Izzy    0
On 2016-05-04 at 9:38 AM, Soundtrackgeek said:
M-6502 said The multiplayer mode options seem good. Additional field suggestions: - Alternate Title (as mentioned above) - Media (Floppy, Cassette, Cartridge, CD, DVD, etc.) - Manual

Back in the day I had a Commodore 64 and me and every one I knew had cassettes only. Those fancy (and huge) disc drives weren't common in Europe I believe. I am adding a bunch of C64 games to the database, but there is no image type for cassette currently. It gives me that extra nostalgia boost when I see one... Pirates! Would love to have this option.

Also there would be great to have "Cassette Case" as Image Type too.

DOS76    697

29 minutes ago, heelsinc said:

just put the cassette image under "cart" no?

yes if you put cassettes in your cart folder it will show the cassettes as carts

Im not sure if this has been mentioned already but it would be great to have a  new field for fruit machines like you have for pinball machines as it would also help to keep the arcade game looking organised and tidy