LaunchBox Community Forums

Moderation Contest!

Jason Carr

With the LaunchBox Games Database now getting into full swing with game additions, we feel like it's a good time for our first moderation contest! Starting from the date of this post (April 30th, 2016), a contest is on to see who can moderate the most changes between now and Saturday, May 21st. The contest will run for roughly 3 weeks. We feel a time-based contest is a better choice to help promote quality moderations instead of focusing on just the total number. During that time, any and all moderations count, including rejections. We have Submission and Moderation Guidelines for both contributions and moderations that should be followed as closely as possible. Not following the guidelines will unfortunately disqualify you from the contest, so please review the guidelines. The prize will be a LaunchBox Premium forever license for the top 3 moderators. If you already have a premium forever license, you'll be able to gift the license to a friend. If you are not yet a moderator, then good news everyone! All you need to do is make 25 approved changes to the database and you will automatically become a moderator. Rejected changes count against that number, so be sure to make accurate and legitimate changes or additions. Changes are on a per-field basis (not a per-game basis), so 25 changes should be relatively easy to achieve. We know that not every feature of the database is perfect at this point; we're still working on moderation comments and game deletions, for example. These features should be out soon; please do your best to to follow the guidelines as best as you can right now, and they will be revised when need be. If you would like to discuss the Guidelines then please do so over at the official Guidelines forum thread. Thank you everyone; feel free to comment here with any questions. :)

SentaiBrad said Consoles are currently not editable. I am unsure if they'll ever be open, but we still have some tweaks to make to them before we decide either way.
Makes sense. Just an FYI that the Atari 2600 release date was Sept. 11 1977 not October 14, 1977 as it states in the description. Smile

HeyItsFalcon said
SentaiBrad said Consoles are currently not editable. I am unsure if they'll ever be open, but we still have some tweaks to make to them before we decide either way.
Makes sense. Just an FYI that the Atari 2600 release date was Sept. 11 1977 not October 14, 1977 as it states in the description. Smile
We grabbed most of our data from the GamesDB, so we assumed there would be wrong metadata in places. However, which date is listed and which date are you referring to? Could both be valid just different regions.

Thanks all. Wanted to say thanks to @Cebion, @FistyDollars, and @TheTabman for their incredible dedication to moderation today. @HardcordHubz and @CADScott aren't far behind. Here's the current running after our first day: 1. Cebion 2. FistyDollars 3. TheTabman 4. HarcoreHubz 5. CADScott 6. wkLeon 7. Darklesh 8. donarumo 9. SentaiBrad 10. BilH12 Thank you all! There's three more weeks to go, of course, so it's still anybody's win.

Hey all, just fixed some performance issues with the moderation. Let me know if anyone is still seeing any delays or errors with the moderation process. As of right now, here are the top moderators: 1. FistyDollars 2. HardcoreHubz 3. Cebion 4. CADScott 5. Darklesh 6. TheTabman 7. wkLeon 8. wobblyrampack 9. SentaiBrad 10. donarumo Thank you all! :)

Jason Carr said Hey all, just fixed some performance issues with the moderation. Let me know if anyone is still seeing any delays or errors with the moderation process. As of right now, here are the top moderators: 1. FistyDollars 2. HardcoreHubz 3. Cebion 4. CADScott 5. Darklesh 6. TheTabman 7. wkLeon 8. wobblyrampack 9. SentaiBrad 10. donarumo Thank you all! :)
Man! I wasn't home for a few days! Laugh Edit: After moderating a LOT. I feel that 25 successful submissions are way to easy. I mean i can just enter 2 new games and some screenshots some games and i'll get in 10 minutes moderator rights. There is for example one submitter who has some good data but most are really inaccurate in terms of wrong publisher because of different release year and system. He made about 15 good submissions in a row now and about 5 mistakes but these mistakes are huge. I think in the future we need a quality insurance program for our mods

We will probably make becoming a moderator more difficult once we have a good base of moderators. For the moment, though, we can use all the help we can get. Right now we have a total of 27 moderators who have at least moderated once. Obviously we're going to need a lot more in order to keep up without wearing you guys out. We have 76 contributors so far, so hopefully some of them will jump to moderation soon.

Some games are a little difficult to find the proper info on and some may not be willing to do diligent research to make sure that the data is as accurate as possible before submitting. One game I submitted took near an hour to find the conclusive info I submitted, a few things I couldn't find a definite answer on so I left them blank so I could add it at a later time or someone else knows better, lol.

• 2 weeks later...