LaunchBox Community Forums

XAML Tips and Tricks

On 12/6/2018 at 11:34 AM, wallmachine said:

@Jason Carr is it possible to make the coverflow have separate properties so that we can change the opacity and other options?

example:

the game that is selected has no opacity
the rest of the logos have some type of opacity

I can add this to my list, but I don't think there's a way to do it currently without me adding something to the code. I know that some themes do it with the wheels already, but I doubt that solution would work for CoverFlow. I'll add it to my list. :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I can add this to my list, but I don't think there's a way to do it currently without me adding something to the code. I know that some themes do it with the wheels already, but I doubt that solution would work for CoverFlow. I'll add it to my list. :)

sounds good! other options could include separate transitions for the not selected game and also separate spacing im sure other things can be added to spicy the theme look.

• Like 1

@Jason Carr you mentioned that 'some themes do it with the wheels already' what do you mean by this? are you able to explain a bit further, examples? are you able to elaborate on the horizontal and vertical wheel effects as checking the documentation or api page i am unable to find further information. Maybe a rewrite/update of documentation and what is now possible could be handy?

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

@Jason Carr you mentioned that 'some themes do it with the wheels already' what do you mean by this? are you able to explain a bit further, examples? are you able to elaborate on the horizontal and vertical wheel effects as checking the documentation or api page i am unable to find further information. Maybe a rewrite of documentation could be handy?

After closer look, they're doing it with brightness (such as in the CriticalZone theme), but not with opacity. So it looks like that would indeed require coding on my part. Yes, I do need to update the documentation in a number of places.

46 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

@Jason Carr you mentioned that 'some themes do it with the wheels already' what do you mean by this? are you able to explain a bit further, examples?

My Fundamental theme has the wheel opacity effect achieved with an opacity mask for the wheel. The selected game is 100, and it drops to zero in both directions (up and down).

gamewheel2.png.bd273dbfb38c975d67c7544078756ef9.thumb.png.dfa44d09476e4b857c6841619a2bd434.png

Edited by Grila
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grila said:

My Fundamental theme has the wheel opacity effect achieved with an opacity mask for the wheel. The selected game is 100, and it drops to zero in both directions (up and down).

but that wouldn't work if you slightly place the not selected logos behind the selected game like i have done below?

image.thumb.png.eedf0f07297ca5fd9a2e598eda793b47.png

28 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

but that wouldn't work if you slightly place the not selected logos behind the selected game like i have done below?

image.thumb.png.eedf0f07297ca5fd9a2e598eda793b47.png

I believe it would if you tightened up the opacity mask...

EDIT:

Ahh, I see what your getting at. The second logo is actually behind the selected one. That is impossible with the current implementation of the wheel.

Edited by Grila

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do a very simple change to Unified Refried, trying to display months and days (default is just years). I'm trying this code:

Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.ReleaseDate, StringFormat=yyyy.mm.dd}"

But for some weird reason I don't get months to display. All days are fine, but months are always 00, any ideas guys?

no month.png

16 minutes ago, radicalblues said:

I'm trying to do a very simple change to Unified Refried, trying to display months and days (default is just years). I'm trying this code:

Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.ReleaseDate, StringFormat=yyyy.mm.dd}"

But for some weird reason I don't get months to display. All days are fine, but months are always 00, any ideas guys?

no month.png

Try capital "M" characters instead of lowercase ones. If I recall correctly, the lowercase "m" is for minutes.

Apologies for double posting... I'm tweaking Unified Refried just a little more, and I want to add Developer and Publisher before Genre in the lower bar.

So I find this string:

<!-- GENRE -->    
                    <TextBlock Text="    Genre: " FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="50" Foreground="Red" DockPanel.Dock="Left" TextAlignment="Left" />
                    <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.GenresString}" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="50" Foreground="White" DockPanel.Dock="Left" TextAlignment="Left" />

I'm guessing I'd just have to copypaste the same thing, replacing "{Binding Path=ActiveGame.GenresString}" for something besides "Genre". Anyone knows the proper strings to call for Developer and for Publisher? Tried the obvious names, but not working :P

@radicalblues I don't know if you've seen but there is a PDF file (Documentation.pdf) that is in the themes folder that will help with a few of the binding names. I'm not sure how up to date it is but it should be in there.

Also the "SelectedGame" will be the same as the "ActiveGame" so you can use either just "AcitveGame" works better when scrolling through a list...

• Like 1

Thanks for your previous help! I've been doing some tweaks and I almost have what I want.

I'm running into a really weird problem. I'm using Unified + Unified Refried themes. So I've replaced the default stars pngs with some of my own creation. They're working nicely, but the weird thing is that ratings with .5 are not showing. I get 4 instead of 4.5, 3 instead of 3.5, etc.

Also to be noted, I've replaced CommunityStarRating for StarRating on my screens, so I see my own user set scores on big box, instead of depending on community ratings (most games aren't even rated, so it's kinda boring)

My 4.5 stars graphic is in the proper folder, too. It's just loading the 4 stars graphic instead, for some reason. Example:

coins1.png

coins2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...