LaunchBox Community Forums

Posted (edited)

Has there been a recent change in the platform logo image identifier in xaml? It's been a little while now that I've noticed my platform logos no longer showing in the top left corner of my startup theme. I customized the GridBlocked startup theme if that matters...

Edit: So I've noticed that the platform logo DOES appear on the startup screen while in BigBox.... but it doesn't show while in LaunchBox. Any idea how or why that might be happening? It's not a huge deal... at least it's working in BigBox, but I can't figure out why that would be... for some reason I'm thinking I could be missing something simple. I tested a few different platforms while in BigBox, and tried those same platforms while in LaunchBox... it's strange.

Edited by PanteraZombie
  • Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shadow on text (Images as well?): In this example, I will add shadows to the game wheel view description text. 1. Select "WheelGamesView.xaml" in the solution Explorer 2. Th

Because it seems impossible to do with a video, I think I found a way. Not very elegent, but it should work. The idea is to create the backgrou

How to override a transition effect quick guide Transitions by default are linked to the Option->Transitions->"Choice". &

Posted Images

On 5/13/2021 at 11:42 PM, PanteraZombie said:

Has there been a recent change in the platform logo image identifier in xaml? It's been a little while now that I've noticed my platform logos no longer showing in the top left corner of my startup theme. I customized the GridBlocked startup theme if that matters...

Edit: So I've noticed that the platform logo DOES appear on the startup screen while in BigBox.... but it doesn't show while in LaunchBox. Any idea how or why that might be happening? It's not a huge deal... at least it's working in BigBox, but I can't figure out why that would be... for some reason I'm thinking I could be missing something simple. I tested a few different platforms while in BigBox, and tried those same platforms while in LaunchBox... it's strange.

I think this is a known issue, probably due to how we use and process images in LaunchBox vs. Big Box. I'm sure it can be fixed, but it hasn't been a priority as of yet. If you can report a bug for it though on BitBucket, I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I think this is a known issue, probably due to how we use and process images in LaunchBox vs. Big Box. I'm sure it can be fixed, but it hasn't been a priority as of yet. If you can report a bug for it though on BitBucket, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the reply Jason, will do!

• 1 month later...

Is IBigBoxThemeElementPlugin supported in a marquee view? I made a dll that implements IBigBoxThemeElementPlugin and works fine when using it in a games wheel view. However, when used in a games marquee view, OnSelectionChanged() never gets called. Is that not possible?

18 hours ago, superrob3000 said:

Is IBigBoxThemeElementPlugin supported in a marquee view? I made a dll that implements IBigBoxThemeElementPlugin and works fine when using it in a games wheel view. However, when used in a games marquee view, OnSelectionChanged() never gets called. Is that not possible?

I don't believe that there's plugin support in the marquee view at this time. I do know that the marquee view is more limited than others.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I would like to combine the curved wheel with pointer from the Unified theme, with the background (with addons) of the Unified Refried theme, my attempts to combine them have resulted in errors. Not really sure where to start with it, seems like it would likely be pretty simple to someone who knows what they’re looking at 

16 hours ago, Moleburt said:

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I would like to combine the curved wheel with pointer from the Unified theme, with the background (with addons) of the Unified Refried theme, my attempts to combine them have resulted in errors. Not really sure where to start with it, seems like it would likely be pretty simple to someone who knows what they’re looking at 

Hi @Moleburt. While it seems like this should be easy, the complication really comes with the addons of the Unified Refried theme. The way it works, you would have to potentially edit hundreds of files in order to successfully change over the wheel from all the custom views that are in the theme. However, if we ignore that for now and we just concentrate on 1 games view, that will give you an idea of how to do this.

I'm going to assume you have both themes installed, which will make things a bit easier. Here's an example of how you would migrate the Unified wheel and pointer to the WheelGamesView.xaml file.

Go into the Unified Games View xaml file

Open:  \LaunchBox\Themes\Unified\Views\WheelGamesView.xaml

Grab the following code snippets

The Wheel Code

<!-- WHEEL -->
			<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="4" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="8" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Clear Logos"
				CurveAmount="-3.5" CameraZPosition="2.8" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6" Spacing="0.95" ItemZPosition="0.5" SelectedItemZPosition="1.4" Panel.ZIndex="2"  RotationAmount="12">
                <coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>100</coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>
				<coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
					<DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="10" Direction="-90" RenderingBias="Quality" ShadowDepth="1" />
				</coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
            </coverFlow:FlowControl>

The Pointer Code

<!-- POINTER -->
			<TextBlock x:Name="PointerFileName" Visibility="Collapsed">
				<TextBlock.Text>
					<MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Pointer/{0}.png">
						<Binding Path="KnownPlatformOrPlaylistTitle" />
					</MultiBinding>
				</TextBlock.Text>
			</TextBlock>
			<Viewbox Grid.Column="4" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" Grid.Row="2" Grid.RowSpan="2" Panel.ZIndex="1" HorizontalAlignment="Right" VerticalAlignment="Center" >
				<Image x:Name="Pointer" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=PointerFileName, FallbackValue='pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Pointer/_Default.png'}" Opacity="100" RenderTransformOrigin="1,0.5" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" >
					<Image.RenderTransform>
						<ScaleTransform x:Name="PointerSize" ScaleX="1" ScaleY="1" />
					</Image.RenderTransform>
				</Image>
			</Viewbox>

The Pointer Animation Code

<!-- POINTER -->
          <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetName="PointerSize" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(ScaleTransform.ScaleX)" >
            <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="1"/>
            <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.15" Value="1"/>
            <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.3" Value="0.75"/>
          </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>
          <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetName="PointerSize" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(ScaleTransform.ScaleY)" >
            <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.15" Value="1"/>
            <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.3" Value="0.75"/>
          <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetName="Pointer" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(Image.Opacity)" >
            <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.8" Value="1"/>
            <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.6" Value="0.15"/>

Now go into the Unified Refresh Games View xaml file

Open:  \LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Views\WheelGamesView.xaml

• Find the Wheel code and replace it with the Unified one
  • Paste the pointer code just underneath the Wheel code
  • Find the following code <Storyboard x:Key="ChangeGame"> (appears closer to the top) and paste the pointer animation code underneath it

Save the file and load up Unified Refried to see the results. Just note, to see the results you'll have to temporarily rename or delete the following folder, as it will get in the way of you seeing the actual games view (it tries to load the view files inside of there): \LaunchBox\Themes\UnifiedRefresh\Views\WheelGamesView

Now you just need to do this for all the Game views you want to migrate the wheel over for, including any the platform specific views that are inside any of the following folders that you would want to use:

• \LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Views\TextGamesView
  • \LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Views\Wheel2GamesView
  • \LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Views\Wheel3GamesView
  • \LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Views\Wheel4GamesView
  • \LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Views\WheelGamesView

You'll do something similar for platform views, just remember to grab the same kind of code from PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml and transfer it over to the Unified Refried version of the file.

@faeran Thanks! I will try all this out. I was able to get the wheel curved messing with the refried theme xml, but it didn’t look right. I was at least on the right track. I will post what my result looks like if it turns out! 

So I got what I want like 95%, what I can’t for the life of me figure out is how to get the game logos to move slightly to the left next to the pointer, so that the largest logos touch just the tip of the pointer instead of over lapping. I’ve tried messing with the grid column and grid row, as well as the camera position. But I either end up with way to big, or way to small logos. I’ll attach a picture of what I’ve got, if I could just get the logos over slightly it would be perfect for what I want. 

2DD211F2-1501-40F8-973C-3D4248186373.jpeg

On 7/20/2021 at 12:57 AM, Moleburt said:

So I got what I want like 95%, what I can’t for the life of me figure out is how to get the game logos to move slightly to the left next to the pointer, so that the largest logos touch just the tip of the pointer instead of over lapping. I’ve tried messing with the grid column and grid row, as well as the camera position. But I either end up with way to big, or way to small logos. I’ll attach a picture of what I’ve got, if I could just get the logos over slightly it would be perfect for what I want. 

2DD211F2-1501-40F8-973C-3D4248186373.jpeg

You are on the right track. The wheel is placed in a grid and the grid determines its placement. If I remember correctly, the grid is created in a way that may make it hard to adjust without affecting other objects on the screen.

You could try to add margins to the wheel and see if you can nudge it over to the place that you want.

You would need to add this property to the wheel (if not already there):

Margin="-15,0,15,0"

The first number would adjust the left side, and the third number would adjust the right side. Play with the numbers until you have it in a place you like.

@faeran Thanks for all the help. I got it all sorted. Was actually pretty simple once you pointed me in the right direction with your first response. I added the Wheel and Pointer sections from the Unified theme XAML, but I also replaced the grid info in the Refried theme with the Unified grid info. Then it was just a matter of adjusting a couple little things so that the upper and lower “glass” extended to the end of the screen (I think I had to change the row or column setting from 7 to 8 or something like that). End result is exactly what I wanted, I’ll attach a couple images. Perfect blend of the 2 themes. 

720F434E-D76D-417D-8510-3926936E7544.png

DCDEF731-6A9C-49A2-82C9-D8D217AB01A4.png

74B3FCF7-A2BC-4A9C-A731-D7BF76FEF490.png

DF51D5EC-8FD4-4546-97D6-52700D16D888.png