LaunchBox Community Forums

Who wants to help us design a bartop arcade cabinet? :)

Jason Carr

I'm partial to the multi-colored text, since I started doing that with our logo's. It's just Jason didn't let me use it on anything! I wanted to use it for shirts for one. I like the designs, but I agree with Cid, the backgrounds are a little off. It's still done well irregardless, but it doesn't seem to fit.

SentaiBrad said The Background: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ly06vsrdg9duv9z/home-header-background.jpg?dl=0
Exactly! That one! Also, I prefer the no text for the sides. I'm sure the Marquee on the front will say launchbox. I find it redundant just having the words "Launchbox" everywhere. Once is enough imo

imdavid555 said
SentaiBrad said The Background: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ly06vsrdg9duv9z/home-header-background.jpg?dl=0
Exactly! That one! Also, I prefer the no text for the sides. I'm sure the Marquee on the front will say launchbox. I find it redundant just having the words "Launchbox" everywhere. Once is enough imo
That’s true. I haven’t thought of that. Yeah now I think that it’s probably better to have the LB lettering only in the marquee to keep it clean.

imdavid555 said Yeah I definitely think you should change the background. Maybe you can use the Pac-man background like you have on the front page.
Thats a great idea @imdavid555 and thanks @SentaiBrad for the file, I mocked it up and it looks great but the resolution is bad so i'll have to recreate it best I can

The image was custom-tweaked by my brother and I, actually. So you won't find a bigger version, sadly. We used an existing image but iirc we tweaked it to remove and fix some stuff and the original image wasn't any bigger. Thanks for that @Rincewind. This is just getting better and better. :)

Also, we should try and figure out what colors to use for the buttons, joysticks, and t-moulding. I'm thinking red right now for the t-moulding but not entirely sure yet. We'll definitely want to wait until the art is done for the final decision though, of course. I can't thank @Rincewind enough for his work on this. I keep trying to pay him for his incredible work and he's insisting on doing all this out of the kindness of his heart. Just wanted to let you guys know that incredibly he's doing all this as a gift to us.