LaunchBox Community Forums

Who wants to help us design a bartop arcade cabinet? :)

Jason Carr

We'll need branding up there, yeah, but I'm still not overly fond of the multi-colored text. Not sure what would be best, but Big Box with the logo for the O might be a better option. We do need the LaunchBox branding text somewhere though too. But yes, I can be flexible with the font and stuff. I'll try and think up some more ideas... :)

Maybe you could hold a logo contest. I think the logo could use a little freshening up I hope that doesn't offend anyone who designed it but maybe someone here with design talent could come up with something absolutely stunning using things like gradients and outline coloring to improve over the solid single color text. Make a disclaimer that you hold final decision on whether you want to change the logo or not as the contest may not result in anything you like.

Yeah, I'd like to avoid design contests these days since we got quite a bit of backlash over the t-shirt design contest we did a while back. We'll let Rincewind run with it and see what he comes up with, though. From what I've seen, it'd definitely be worth hiring Rincewind for future design work like that, though not sure if he'd be interested in the work.

I like the top and the multi-color logo best. Maybe the two Logo's act more as a background transparently and more iconic game characters on top similar to the top? Random thoughts. Fantastic as always. You might be our go to artist to have on retainer if that's something you'd consider.

I definitely like the concept of the game characters in the marquee; let's run with the top one. My only concern is that the LaunchBox text might be a bit too small, though I'm not sure if there's anything we can really do about that. I guess something that might work would be to remove the LaunchBox box logo from the top and just make the LaunchBox and Big Box text bigger; I don't think it would be too much of a problem if it overlapped the game characters a bit. Thoughts? Also, I should probably know what the character on the left is; I recognize him but I can't put a finger on who it is. Is there a different character that's more prominent that we might be able to use instead? Maybe Yoshi to stay with the animal theme? ;)

He's from Ghosts N' Goblins. Also, the text looks smaller in that preview image, but what does it look like at full size and printed out? The text might be plenty big. If we do go with the first (or even with the multi-color version as I described), maybe the background's can match the sides? It should all be printed at a certain transparency level anyways for LED's.

Ah, that's right. I'd actually rather not match the background up I think for the marquee; it might be a little bit overboard. We do have to keep in mind the LED light that is going to shine through the marquee, but it's actually printed without transparency and the light just shines through the plexiglass and the vinyl and it works just fine.

Yes it's Sir Arthur from Ghosts N' Goblins, I'll take him out and add Yoshi. I will mock it up with and without the box on top of the launchbox text (sure it will be readable in both sizes) as for the background, it is the same as the sides just hard to see in a scaled down version. When the marquee lights up the colours will bleach out slightly so a big contrast is needed.