LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

On the MESS entry for Apple II, it gets a bit complicated. For a single disk with .do, .dsk, or .po extension (open the zip file to check) you could use "apple2e -flop1" (add other parameters before the "-flop1") and if the file has a .nib extension check "Use Custom Command-Line ..." and type in "apple2c4 -flop1".

If there are two (or more) disks you need to check "Use Custom Command-Line ..." and type in "apple2e -flop2 "<full_path_to_second_disk>" -flop1" (no need to add the first disk as LB will automagically add it). You may have to experiment with which disk to use as a second disk. Some games need a blank disk to hold your info, scores, saved games, etc. and some have several scenario disks so you need to make several LB entries, one for each scenario.

Also, there should be an entry for "Apple IIGS" also. That would be "apple2gs -flop3" for .2mg Apple IIGS disks and, checking "Use Custom ...", type in "apple2gs -flop1" for Apple II disks. See above for how to add more disk images.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What would be a good Command Line for Phoenix Project? Virtual Jaguar seems to get stuck for most of my games on my Laptop (haven't tried it on GPD Win yet), and 4DO doesn't get to a proper speed and sound when I try playing it on my GPD Win.

I'm avoiding all of RetroArch on my Laptop since it doesn't seem to work when I HDMI it to my Projector even when I change the mirror settings within RetroArch. I'm only doing RetroArch on my GPD Win though

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Ive just loaded 3do emulator and dreamcast, using 4do and nulldc.  I found the startup command for both, but both seem to always load to the "insert cd" startup of the emulators.  I have been through the learning curves of Dahpne but this one kinda has me stumped.  Does anyone have the path to take or maybe an AHK that can load the iso for these?  For 4DO,  i have entered the command prompt -StartFullScreen -StartLoadFIle and then added my "Path to roms" and I cannot get anything to load. Ive read this thread and even moved the space...eliminated the space (no luck)  I have even given the path to the specific iso in the command "C:/user/me/desktop/4do/thisiso"....to no avail.   Any help is appreciated. 

My appologies.  The systems have the BIOS loaded and pointed at properly and work properly outside of Launchbox as they should.  Im just attempting to open the Emulators and ISOs in one movement in Launchbox without just entering the Load screen...then mouse clicking the game from the "File open Iso"  I Started with FreeDo Emulator but that also has the 2 step iso load that i cannot figure out in Launchbox.  Game Cube, Wii, Sega Cd, 32X etc dont have this issue....Only 3do, dreamcast and neo geo cd.  Im not running retroarch. Just Emulators from an external SSD

Okay I'm sorry about that I just had to ask as none of that information was posted in the original post. Its been so long that I've messed with NullDC I couldn't tell you how I used to get it to work but I definitely could. I'd suggest checking out Redream, Demul or the Flycast core in RetroArch over NullDC but if you are set on using hopefully some one can help. Pretty much the same with 4DO I just use the RetroArch core and honestly I never play anything on 3DO. Good luck with these I'm sure there are user using those emulators who can chime in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
9 hours ago, goofers said:

Anyone able to use Mame Command List to run Fujitsu FM Towns disks and cd's?

need a help with this one each game varies.

This works for me on most CD based games with the FM Towns Marty console:
fmtmarty -skip_gameinfo -cdrm

Then you also need to check that CHD/disk/bios path(s) are present and correct in your settings (ie. mame.ini) and you have all the files needed.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Anyone know who to launch APF Imagination Machine?

Using apfimag -cass only launches Rocket Patrol regardless of the game I choose.
Using apfimag -cart basic -cass launches Basic regardless of the game I choose.

So I'm wondering what I need to do to launch the actual game I want?

This command line works on Mame at least for me for all the cartridges. Have you tried without -cass, -cart options:

apfimag -skip_gameinfo

(-skip_gameinfo is optional, I just like it simple and having extra clicks as little as possible)

Edited by kurzih

16 minutes ago, kurzih said:

This command line works on Mame at least for me for all the cartridges. Have you tried without -cass, -cart options:

apfimag -skip_gameinfo

(-skip_gameinfo is optional, I just like it simple and having extra clicks as little as possible)

doesn't work at all for me.

3 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Can you run it from a Command Prompt or Power Shell using the verbose option (-v) and post the output to see what's happening?

So after posting on the mame reddit, someone told me that once basic loads I have to type CLOAD, play the tape, then type run. This works..... if you consider a green screen with random characters and lines working...

The closest I got to a functioning game is Asteroids. It will display the title screen but then I only get visible gameplay in a T shape.

Untitled-1.thumb.png.a345f058ed5426994f84dd5a6ee5fb12.pngUntitled-2.thumb.png.421a1474f85b345ed8685df06540f79f.pngIs this how it's supposed to look? I can't imagine that that's the case...

1 hour ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Is this how it's supposed to look? I can't imagine that that's the case...

I get the same output even using the software list cassette image.

The sysinfo page for this system says there are issues including interrupt and memory handing, so it's bound to have issues with some software.

Edited by Headrush69

57 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

I get the same output even using the software list cassette image.

The sysinfo page for this system says there are issues including interrupt and memory handing, so it's bound to have issues with some software.

awesome. It is upsetting that mame considers this emulation as "Good".