LaunchBox Community Forums

The Image Thread (Platform Images, Clearlogos, Box Templates and More)

bd00

The Image Thread

This thread is dedicated to the visual customization of LaunchBox and BigBox using images. So far it includes:
  • Platform Images for BigBox
  • Console/System/Device Clear Logo's
  • Console/System/Device Transparent Images
  • Game Box Templates
  • Custom Game Box Covers
  • Fanart

Dropbox Repository

I will do my best to upload all images in this forum, however I do occasionally miss some. All images will definitely be available in the Dropbox Repository. This repository will make it easier for you to find what you are looking for. Feel free to download and use whatever you want. Here is the link to the Dropbox repository!

Other Repositories

@MonarKay Custom Game Box Repository: HERE! @oxguy3 Game Box Repository: HERE!

Contribute and Share

Please contribute any missing images if you can. Anyone who wishes to share their own versions of images we already have, please do. The more variety the better. Contributors will be designated their very own exclusive spot in the "Contributors Hall of Fame" at the bottom of this post. A great achievement. All contributions will be added to the Dropbox repository. Dimensions for platform images start at 600 x 513 px. It is OK to go larger, but ensure you retain the aspect ratio. Don't go smaller. Dimensions for clear logo's and device images are "As big as possible". They must be 24-bit PNG images with transparent backgrounds. Dimensions for box art is platform specific. Dimensions for fanart is whatever resolution your display uses. All are welcome. Please feel free to use the clear logo's and(or) device images if you are creating your own custom images.

Requests

If anyone would like to make a request for platforms we have not covered, please do so here and a contributor will fulfil the request as soon as they can. If you think any other images should be covered here, let us know.

Contributors Hall of Fame

The following users are contributors. Big thanks to these awesome people. @Jason @scree @portachking @Kriven @Maddoc1007 @MonarKay @oxguy3
Thanks.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Platform List

Spoiler
Acorn Archimedes Acorn Electron Amstrad CPC Android Apple iOS Apple MacOS Arcade Atari 800 Atari Jaguar Atari Jaguar CD Atari Lynx Atari ST Atari XEGS Atari 2600 Atari 5200 Atari 7800 Bandai WonderSwan Bandai WonderSwan Color BBC Micro Browser Games Capcom CPS1 Capcom CPS2 Capcom CPS3 ColecoVision Commodore 64 Commodore Amiga Crystal System Desura EACA EG2000 Colour Genie Fairchild Channel F GoG Magnavox Odyssey 2 Mattel Intellivision Microsoft Windows Microsoft Xbox Microsoft Xbox 360 Microsoft Xbox One MS DOS MSX NEC TurboGrafx 16 Nintendo Gameboy Nintendo Gameboy Adavnce Nintendo Gamecube Nintendo N64 Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo Nintendo 3DS Nintendo Nintendo DS Nintendo SNES Nintendo VirtualBoy Nintendo Wii Nintendo Wii U Nintendo Wii Ware Origin OUYA Panasonic 3DO PC Philips CD I Sega 32x EUR Sega 32x US Sega CD Sega Dreamcast EUR Sega Dreamcast US Sega Game Gear Sega Genesis Sega Master System Sega Mega CD Sega Mega Drive Sega Model 1 Sega Model 2 Sega Model 3 Sega PICO Sega Saturn Sega SG 1000 Sinclair ZX Spectrum SNK NeoGeo SNK NeoGeo Pocket SNK NeoGeo Pocket Color Sony Playstation Sony Playstation 2 Sony Playstation 3 Sony Playstation 4 Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Sony Vita Steam SummVM Uplay Memotech MTX512 Entex Adventure Vision Oric Atmos APF Imagination Machine

That is a lot of amazing work man. I will contribute soon. Sorry, today was testing day in school and I had some personal matters after work. I am planning to work back through the list but I can't see myself starting before tomorrow at this stage. I also have midterm break next week so I'll have a few days there too. I really hope I'm not holding anything back.

@portachking, no worries, no rush. It'll be a while before the official release. :) @bd00, they all look great. I've tested every single one of them in Big Box and the vast majority of them work really well. These are the problem-child images: Android (not terrible but doesn't stand out very well against brighter images) Atari 7800 (that red blends into the background a bit too much) iOS (the gray is a bit too dark, would probably work well if we just white-washed it) Nintendo Virtual Boy (again with the red blending in) WonderSwan Color (the WonderSwan works fine the but the Color letters blend in) TurboGrafx 16 (looks great but it's too tall to put on top of the games list) Thanks once again, bd. I can jump in and tweak them if needed. :)

Hey! OK, so I know these aren't the ones you probably hoped from me @bd000 but it was what I started on before I offered to take the other end of the platform list. Anyway, I just finished them this evening and I wanted to share them. The font on the 7800 and 5200 aren't perfect... but not bad? Let me know, I think their quite handsome nonetheless.
Spoiler
Atari-7800.pngAtari-2600.pngAtari-5200.png

scree said Hi bd000 just some platform images for some vintage British Home Computers - some a reworking and some new.
Excellent work @scree Smile I will add them to the repository. We need some more clear logos and device images now Smile

portachking said Hey! OK, so I know these aren't the ones you probably hoped from me @bd000 but it was what I started on before I offered to take the other end of the platform list. Anyway, I just finished them this evening and I wanted to share them. The font on the 7800 and 5200 aren't perfect... but not bad? Let me know, I think their quite handsome nonetheless.
They're great @portachking However, I doubt they will display very well in BigBox because of the colors. Have you tested them? This is one of the biggest obstacles and you will probably have to change the colour, or find some method/effect to stop them getting lost in the background. I will still add them to the repository, because they are still awesome clear logos. Great job.

Jason Carr said These are the problem-child images: Android (not terrible but doesn't stand out very well against brighter images) Atari 7800 (that red blends into the background a bit too much) iOS (the gray is a bit too dark, would probably work well if we just white-washed it) Nintendo Virtual Boy (again with the red blending in) WonderSwan Color (the WonderSwan works fine the but the Color letters blend in) TurboGrafx 16 (looks great but it's too tall to put on top of the games list) Thanks once again, bd. I can jump in and tweak them if needed. :)
Try these:
Spoiler
Apple-iOS-1.png Atari-7800-1.png Bandai-WonderSwan-Color-1.png Google-Android.png NEC-TurboGrafx-16-1.png Nintendo-Virtualboy-1.png
I have also finished the rest of the clear logos:
Spoiler
Panasonic-3DO.png PC.png Philips-CDI.png ScummVM.png Sega-32X-a.png Sega-32X-b.png Sega-32X-c.png Sega-CD.png Sega-Dreamcast-a.png Sega-Dreamcast-b.png Sega-Game-Gear-a.png Sega-Game-Gear-b.png Sega-Genesis-a.png Sega-Genesis-b.png Sega-Master-System.png Sega-Mega-CD.png Sega-Mega-Drive-a.png Sega-Mega-Drive-b.png Sega-Model-1.png Sega-Model-2-a.png Sega-Model-2-b.png Sega-Model-3.png Sega-Pico.png Sega-Saturn.png Sega-SG-1000.png Sinclair-ZX-Spectrum.png SNK-NeoGeo.png SNK-NeoGeo-Pocket.png SNK-NeoGeo-Pocket-Color.png Sony-Playstation.png Sony-PlayStation-2.png Sony-Playstation-3-a.png Sony-Playstation-3-b.png Sony-Playstation-4.png Sony-Playstation-Portable-PSP.png Sony-Playstation-Vita.png Steam-a.png Steam-b.png Steam-c.png Uplay-a.png Uplay-b.png
@portachking, this doesn't mean you have to stop. Please keep improving on these.

Here are the clear logos for the new systems @scree shared. The device images were also added to the repository.
Spoiler
Camputers-Lynx.png Dragon.png Enterprise-Sixty-Four.png Jupiter-ACE.png
The Jupiter Ace one isn't great and it really needs improving. Care to take a crack at it @portachking ?