LaunchBox Community Forums

The Image Thread (Platform Images, Clearlogos, Box Templates and More)

bd00

3 hours ago, Clads92 said:

Hey thank you !!!

I've planned to add ps2 in few days, you spare me some time for working on these cover !!

Well I am doing them in alphabetical order right now and plan do create more. Let me know what you have made, so we would not overlap with each other.

I've been working on a 3D template for game systems that used CD jewel cases, like Sega Dreamcast and Playstation 1. Here's a few examples:

Dreamcast:

Spoiler

Case-CrazyTaxi.pngCase-CrazyTaxi2.pngCase-MvC1.pngCase-SonicAdventure2.png

Playstation (PSX):

Spoiler

PSX_Case-TwistedMetal.pngPSX_Case-007Racing.png

Is the front/back 3D view for these acceptable? Personally, I prefer that view, as it takes full advantage of the 3D style to show the "full" case. That being said, it wouldn't be radically difficult to modify my template to cut out the back view and only show the front....

If the consensus is that the "3D Box" category should only show the front of the case, would it be feasible to add a separate category for "3D Box - Full" that could be for showing both the front and back of a case? This style/view could be useful for other console boxes/cases as well, especially since most consoles do have separate "Box - Front" and "Box - Back" views.

• Like 1

Hey,

I personally prefer 2 sided box art, but Launchbox 3D Box view uses portrait dimensions. If you use landscape then it just scales it do portrait and minimizes the image, you would lose 30% of the image space. Havent used BigBox so can't say how it handles landscape.

Just try it out your self, manually chance one of your games 3D Box art.Untitled.jpg 

It's me again, PSP time ! [Clear Logo & 3D Box]

Bleach - Heat the soul 6
    Castlevania the dracula x chronicles
    Dead or Alive Paradise-01
    Diner Dash
    Dissidia 012_ Final Fantasy-01
    Dissidia Final Fantasy
    Dragon Ball Z - Shin Budokai 2-01
    Dragon Ball Z_ Shin Budokai-01
    Hot Brain
    Hot Pixel
    Innocent Life_ A Futuristic Harvest Moon-01
    Killzone_ Liberation-01
    Luxor Pharaoh_s Challenge-01
    Manhunt 2-01
    MediEvil_ Resurrection-01
    Mega Man Maverick Hunter X-01
    Mega Man Powered Up-01
    Metal Gear Ac!d 2-01
    Metal Gear Ac!d-01
    Metal Gear Solid_ Peace Walker-01
    Metal Gear Solid_ Portable Ops-01
    Monster hunter freedom 2
    Naruto Shippuden_ Legends_ Akatsuki Rising-01
    Naruto Shippuden_ Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3-01
    Naruto_ Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2_ The Phantom Fortress-01
    Prinny - Can I Really Be the Hero
    Ridge Racer 2-01
    Sonic Rivals-01
    Ultimate Ghosts _n Goblins-01
    Valhalla Knights-01
    Wipeout Pulse-01
    Ys_ The Ark of Napishtim-01
    Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D_s Tag Force 5-01
    _Dissidia 012_ Final Fantasy-01
    _Monster hunter freedom 2
    _Naruto Shippuden_ Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3-01

Spoiler

_Dissidia 012_ Final Fantasy-01.png_Monster hunter freedom 2.png_Naruto Shippuden_ Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3-01.pngBleach - Heat the soul 6.pngCastlevania the dracula x chronicles.pngDead or Alive Paradise-01.pngDiner Dash.pngDissidia 012_ Final Fantasy-01.pngDissidia Final Fantasy.pngDragon Ball Z - Shin Budokai 2-01.pngDragon Ball Z_ Shin Budokai-01.pngHot Brain.pngHot Pixel.pngInnocent Life_ A Futuristic Harvest Moon-01.pngKillzone_ Liberation-01.pngLuxor Pharaoh_s Challenge-01.pngManhunt 2-01.pngMediEvil_ Resurrection-01.pngMega Man Maverick Hunter X-01.pngMega Man Powered Up-01.pngMetal Gear Ac!d 2-01.pngMetal Gear Ac!d-01.pngMetal Gear Solid_ Peace Walker-01.pngMetal Gear Solid_ Portable Ops-01.pngMonster hunter freedom 2.pngNaruto Shippuden_ Legends_ Akatsuki Rising-01.pngNaruto Shippuden_ Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3-01.pngNaruto_ Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2_ The Phantom Fortress-01.pngPrinny - Can I Really Be the Hero.pngRidge Racer 2-01.pngSonic Rivals-01.png
Ultimate Ghosts _n Goblins-01.pngValhalla Knights-01.pngWipeout Pulse-01.pngYs_ The Ark of Napishtim-01.pngYu-Gi-Oh! 5D_s Tag Force 5-01.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrDiggle said:

I personally prefer 2 sided box art, but Launchbox 3D Box view uses portrait dimensions. If you use landscape then it just scales it do portrait and minimizes the image, you would lose 30% of the image space. Havent used BigBox so can't say how it handles landscape.

Quite true - I'm traveling at the moment, so I hadn't actually viewed them in my Launchbox at home. You're right, though - the front-only 3D view is the best current method, to avoid losing so much of the image space.

Spoiler

DC, Crazy Taxi 1.pngDC, Crazy Taxi 2.pngDC, Mavel vs. Capcom 1.pngDC, Sonic Adventures 2.pngPSX, 007 Racing.pngPSX, Twisted Metal.png

I'll be adding more directly to the database, as I go along.

If things change in the future so that 2-sided 3D box art would be feasible, I'll be holding onto those versions and can provide 'em then! :P

On 12/15/2016 at 9:30 PM, MrDiggle said:

First of all, good job, with all these covers, logos and templates, they look really nice.

Secondly I would like do request adding a new section do this post and to the Dropbox. That new section would of course be 3D Box/Templates. 

• 3D box art templates of all the systems. (.PSD or .XCF)
  • Some regulation or tips on the 3D Box art size and shape.

I would like do remind that this is purely a suggestion that I think LB DB would need and as I am planning do contribute on this front, it would also help me out immensely.

I also added a fast mockup off the PS2 game 3D Box art that I think might have some potential, but as I can see from this tread and from my LB collection that one sided covers are preferred.

12278_3d-box-template.png

I personally LOVE the dual 3D box idea, as long as the back remains legible once fully viewed (to read), what a great idea!

On 11/28/2015 at 7:20 PM, craiganderson said:
DOS76 said ok after some brief research I found that this is an old Russian computer. What do you use to emulate it? How many games are there for it? Are any of the games worth playing? I don't have any old computer systems added to Launchbox only Coin-op, Consoles, a few modern PC games and handhelds I'm considering getting into computers next after I finally get my last few consoles completed. I thought I had a lot of systems going on my setup until I saw your list I've never even heard of a lot of the things you got going on there.

I think I have about 100 roms. Some are playable. Tetris. Buck Rogers. They kinda look like the games from MIKROSHA (see video below)...but I like collecting odd/rare systems https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gWlISxg4JQ apogee emulator = universal emulator http://bashkiria-2m.narod.ru/index/files/0-11 alf emulator = universal emulator with ALF addition ALF About the console http://zxbyte.ru/index.php?id=74 <-----right click and translate to english once you are on the page About the games http://zxbyte.ru/index.php?id=75 <-----right click and translate to english once you are on the page but i think i read that MESS handles them now.....but i have not tested...just fyi

craig,

about 100 ROMS for ALF TV? If so, can you direct me? I folllowed the link in your reply to DOS, which took me to a page that reviewed the 3 "multi-carts" for the system. Was that it or are there more by chance?

• 1 month later...

I'm cleaning up my Commodore 64 box art. Not exactly my specialty but definitely looks better than whats out there.

Here are a couple comparisons of boxes I've downloaded and fixed. (Castle Wolfenstein and Labyrinth)

The Castles of Dr. Creep is my own scan.

I also have a lot of C64 art and manuals that I've scanned myself from nice mint boxes and manuals. As well as some random hi-res fanart I've acquired over the years.

Should I upload this stuff here? Anyone here interested in this... is this the right thread?

Castel Wolfenstein new.jpg

Castel Wolfenstein old.jpg

Labyrinth new.jpg

Labyrinth-old.jpg

Castles of Doctor Creep-01.jpg

Please upload them to the DB! Click on the relevant image if it exists already, click the edit button, and submit your replacements. They'll then go through a moderation queue.

http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/19403

http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/26022

I can't remember if you need to create a separate account for the DB or not (I think you do), but I know you login with your email address rather than a user name like you do on the forums.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DerHof2007 said:

After I get everything uploaded is there a specific thread I should post a full list just to inform people in case they want to upgrade?

You definitely don’t have to. But if you want to than go for it. I think quite a few people would like that. 

There's no specific thread for that, so it should be fine if you just open a new one to inform about your updates.

Also thanks in advance for contributing to the database, we appreciate it :)