LaunchBox Community Forums

The Image Thread (Platform Images, Clearlogos, Box Templates and More)

bd00

38 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

I think the last image looks best. All the others have some glare from the angle.

I've only got one CIB C64 game personally - Times of Lore - but I don't have a way to scan it properly :( The image on the DB looks pretty good though so I guess it's not a big deal.

I didn't see anything better to download... I cleaned it up a little for you...

Times of Lore - Box - Front.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 6/10/2017 at 5:42 AM, anon1593812 said:

anybody here got the ps2 3D box art template from the database?

I've searched the entire interwebs for this, still no luck

if someone can give me the template I'll Cover the entire NTSC games!

.hack_G.U. Vol. 3 - Redemption                      [undub]-01.png

Hey, you can find my templates here 

As the tread operator is  no longer active we cant add more covers, logos or templates do the main page, but yeah you can use the PS2 3DBox template and I also covered almost every single game within 0-A, maybe I missed some, haven't been very active lately.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, how are you?

Beforehand, sorry if this is not the right topic for my question; if so, please guide me to the right place/person. 

I would like to know about the Launchbox Game Database site,  and its process on getting the content there updated (clearlogo specifically), and the criteria behind it.

The reason for this question is that I am seeing there stuff I made (that I posted on another site), and I was not given even a headsup about it.

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Hey guys, how are you?

Beforehand, sorry if this is not the right topic for my question; if so, please guide me to the right place/person. 

I would like to know about the Launchbox Game Database site,  and its process on getting the content there updated (clearlogo specifically), and the criteria behind it.

The reason for this question is that I am seeing there stuff I made (that I posted on another site), and I was not given even a headsup about it.

oh i don't think LB DB accepts fan made clear logos only the actual games logos 

5 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Hey guys, how are you?

The LaunchBox database is completely community driven and basically everyone with an account there can upload/update files and info’s. There are DB moderators who check each submission (for quality and accuracy) and approve or reject them, once a submission gets enough approvals over rejections it gets loaded into the DB. Every user can theoretically get moderation rights, once a user gets a specific amount of approved submissions he will be automatically promoted to moderator status.

Unfortunately we have absolutely no way to verify from which source every submission originally comes from.

Hey Cid, thank you for the explanation.

I love sharing in the FE community butI think there has to be etiquette.

Someone is taking the clearlogos I make and submitting them without a proper check; and I would have liked to be asked before this.

You (being a content creatot like me) understand how much work goes into this stuff and its gutting if it just gets 'taken'. The authors permission should be always seeked first and all credit thereafter if it is oked should be clearly stated with any work.

Submissions for the db as well as any other place should mandatory request the user to specify the source of the file, or the creator's name.

Sorry if this is not the right place to share this; I felt impotence when discovered that and did not know the exact place to post/discuss this. 

As a content creator myself I completely understand how much time can went in to this stuff but it’s a very thin line we have to walk here. We have hundreds of submissions to the database every day and it would be impossible to back check where they all originally came from as the huge majority all of the art and metadata comes from somewhere else in the internet.

Of course it would be great if we had the permission of every artist but sometimes it’s very hard to tell who created it in the first place because there a lot of sources where you could potentially find artwork. For example there are tons of artwork packs out there (just think of alone the huge amount of different pre-loaded Raspberry Pi images), or the artwork was uploaded by another user to a different games database and it where taken from there, Google Search, etc. The longer the artwork is out there the harder it gets to identify the creator and at some point it’s even impossible.

On top of that a user also created a LB plug-in where other users can easily upload artwork and metadata directly from their LB installation. So if a user has completed his setup with stuff from all around the internet or a user switches from HyperSpin/any other FE to LB they might just upload their whole collection to fill in all the blanks in the DB because they want to help out the community.

These are just the downsides of an open database were everybody can contribute and I hope you can see in what position we are.

Finally, if you see that work of yours was uploaded to our database without your permission and you want us to remove it than we will be happy to do that.

3 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Not to be a dick here or anything just playing devil's advocate but when you take the logos and remake them do you credit the art team that did all the hard work to actually design said logos when they created the box for the publishers?

Hey DOS, dont worry; I see what you mean and that is a fair comparison :)

I guess I think of the FE community as a whole in terms of art (does not matter the app the user has), and when using resources (no matter its source) an acknowledge or mention of the person that crafted it is the right thing to do. 

Edited by Kondorito

• 1 month later...

It hasn't been approved yet, but I made a 3D cover for Super Nario 64 Shindō Pak Taiō version.

The spine is recreated using the regular version's spine, and also making part of it myself. That said, it's completely accurate.

mario 3d.png

• Like 1