LaunchBox Community Forums
Krazed

Change Hotkeys

Everything is perfect with this app, but it really would be nice to change the hotkeys (primarily the Exit button). I know this may seem small and seem insignificant to some, but as one who uses this primarily for PC games (I hate Steam) it would be so much easier if there was a way to exit Launchbox with the Escape Key instead of Alt + X. Thanks Cool

Hi Krazed, Thanks for the feedback; good idea. I'll add an item to my list to add configurable keyboard shortcuts. In all honestly, it might be a bit, but we will get to it. :) Thanks, Jason

Keyboard mappings have been in place for quite a bit now. Just head into your options in BigBox and look for keyboard mapping settings. Set Exit to "escape" if it is not already done so and then hitting escape will close out BigBox. 

@Jason Carr  Is this option also in launchbox?  can it be added?  Even if it is a Paid option.  Also can you list what the shortcuts are currently?  Or are they actually added in big box and converted down to launchbox?

7 minutes ago, Aevans0001 said:

@Jason Carr  Is this option also in launchbox?  can it be added?  Even if it is a Paid option.  Also can you list what the shortcuts are currently?  Or are they actually added in big box and converted down to launchbox?

There is a whole section in launchbox for key bindings. 

Posted (edited)

Where at, I only see for controllers.

ok So i learned that LEDBlinky uses the settings in Bigboxsettings.xml, is this also where Launchbox gets there settings? 

Edited by Aevans0001

Key bindings are currently not available in LaunchBox. LaunchBox is designed to follow standard Windows keyboard and mouse control; we've never added customizable keyboard shortcuts or keyboard navigation in LaunchBox itself. I'll add it to my list of items for the next community poll, although I don't think that request has received much attention in the past.

LaunchBox does not use settings from BigBoxSettings.xml. The LaunchBox settings are all in Settings.xml.