LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox slow performance.

SentaiBrad

SentaiBrad said About using Filters. I thought the same thing, but some Emulators do keep multiple save files or misc items in where the rom is accessed, especially SNES emulators. zsnes and higan do this. So I would try to rescan your library or sort the folder by type and see what pops up. Some systems I have to do multiple scans but in the end it was worth it. Disc based systems needed multiple like *.iso, *.bin and *.img, but NES o0nly needed *.nes. *.fds is technically a different system but still technically falls under NES. Otherwise If you can't hold out there is the multiple instances of LB you can try. There isn't an easy way right now to fix that.
True, some EMU's do leave little 'poopies' all over the place, isn't FB smart enough though not to try to import an image or an XML file as a game? though, you do make a good point, I will reset with filters tonight and see what happens. :) Do we know what FB is coding in? If I had a guess we're talking C# in visual studio.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pogowolf said True, some EMU's do leave little 'poopies' all over the place, isn't FB smart enough though not to try to import an image or an XML file as a game? though, you do make a good point, I will reset with filters tonight and see what happens. :) Do we know what FB is coding in? If I had a guess we're talking C# in visual studio.
No, I had a major problem with this a while back. Jason added the option to only include a certain file type. It is limited to just 1 option at the min, so you may need to run the import a few times for each platform, if all your roms are not the same file type.

bd00 said Laugh Lol. Like I said, I am making it all automated so anyone can set it up easily, within a few mins. It has navigation to get between instances too and it links to your main instance (All games) if you want to see everything together.
It also depends on how fast Jason can get the new system set up.

pogowolf said
bd00 said This is what I am doing. I have pretty much automated the process too. I just need to create a script that will pull the games from a specific platform out of the xml of the main instance and copy it into the platform instance [SNIP]
I would be very interested in this setup!
You can download the script and files here: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/automated-platforms-split-script

Great to see this discussion guys; thanks bd and Brad for helping out. :) For various reasons (described in the Library Brainstorming topic), I dropped the plan to split up LaunchBox into many different XML files/libraries. However, I'm pretty sure we can tackle the performance issues without that being too much of a problem. The biggest issue right now is that all the images are in RAM, which obviously becomes a major issue with 30,000+ games. I have plans to work on the caching to limit the number of images in the cache, though I can't tackle it right away.

bd00 said
pogowolf said
bd00 said This is what I am doing. I have pretty much automated the process too. I just need to create a script that will pull the games from a specific platform out of the xml of the main instance and copy it into the platform instance [SNIP]
I would be very interested in this setup!
You can download the script and files here: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/automated-platforms-split-script
Thank you! I'll check it out!

Jason Carr said One more thing, pogowolf, did I read that you have a technical/development background of sorts? Care to join the beta testing community (if you haven't already)?
My background is in business app developement (vb.NET) and Quality assurance testing, and I would love to! how does one go about joining? :)