LaunchBox Community Forums

What else would you like to see us create? LaunchBox YouTube Suggestion Thread

SentaiBrad

• 1 month later...
I'm not worried about 'Mainstream' even though most of those were covered first because they are the more requested consoles, but the week before Arcade I did the WonderSwan and WonderSwan Color, a system that most people don't know even existed. This week will probably be the Neo Geo Pocket and the Neo Geo Pocket Color, and that's just as obscure.

• 2 weeks later...
First, I would like to say thanks for the great videos! I really found the tutorial for setting up MAME via Retroarch very useful. Since MAME now supports all MESS systems; would it be possible to do a part 2 tutorial on running these via Retroarch and Launchbox (ex. Apple II, Intellivision, TI-99, etc.)? I've done a bunch of online research to no avail. I haven't figured out the correct folder structure for bios and roms. Thanks again for the great tutorials and amazing frontend!

SqHd said First, I would like to say thanks for the great videos! I really found the tutorial for setting up MAME via Retroarch very useful. Since MAME now supports all MESS systems; would it be possible to do a part 2 tutorial on running these via Retroarch and Launchbox (ex. Apple II, Intellivision, TI-99, etc.)? I've done a bunch of online research to no avail. I haven't figured out the correct folder structure for bios and roms. Thanks again for the great tutorials and amazing frontend!
Honestly, probably not. I don't like MESS and I think it to be a disaster. That said, there are a few systems that can only be emulated via MESS and I may tackle them in the future, but for the most part a Part 2 about MESS won't happen. I might cover the 2 or 3 specific systems through MESS but that is about it. I have no clue when that would happen if it even does. Otherwise I appreciate the kind words and appreciate the viewership.

• 1 month later...
First, thank you very much for the work on the Youtube channel. I still have 2 systems in trouble: Sega Model 2 & 3. I know that the emulator model 3 is still in beta (alpha?) But a good tutorial to cover the use'll be perfect! =)

I haven't spent any time with the Model 2 emulator but I recently had a poke with the Model 3 and it was super easy to set up in Launchbox. It set up like any other emulator with the addition of a "Default Command Line Parameter" value to set your resolution. -res=1600,1200 -fullscreen Is what I used for my 2560x1440 resolution monitor. The annoying part is setting up a controller since it has to be done manually in the config file.

• 4 weeks later...
How 'bout a tutorial for Amiga, CD32 and CDTV?? I am sure that since the emulator used is the same it would not be too difficult to do all three at once? Thanks Brad for the awesome tutorials and Jason for the awesome FE!!! Michael

i ve already wrote this in request but why not here again :D When BigBox starts, it shows just the BigBOX -LOGO. instead of this, you could do a fancy animation like an exploding and rebuilding cube ;-) just got this idea, because steam bigpic mod has this bubble animation when its starting.

after some time i thought it might be good to make an tutorial video : "How to organize and filter your roms!" cause many people not seem to know how to..... there are several ways to realize this....programms, the correct windwos search-function...

Yea that's actually a really good idea. Between Windows Search and Custom Filters that could be two good tutorials. I've covered using Windows Search previously in other tutorials, but yea that's actually a super super awesome idea! Thank's @m3TTwUrsT

• 4 weeks later...
good morning all LB is a very nice work!! a simple idea...add to big box the option "details" where appear the entire file name to know which version of the file you are loading... cause it's good to maintan various versions of a game, with trainers, and something like this ^^